The following is a list of public meetings in the Lodi and Galt areas this week:
Lodi Budget/Finance Committee special meeting
- Report on energy cost adjustments.
- Pension presentation.
When and where: 6 p.m., Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St.
Lodi City Council shirtsleeve session
- Operational/financial report for Hutchins Street Square
When and where: 7 a.m., Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St.
Galt City Council
- Determine whether to conduct a study on mobile home park rent
- Eliminate assistant city manager position.
- Agreement with Cosumnes Community Services District Fire
Department for emergency operations management.
- Revisions to skate park rules.
- Set a curfew at dusk at Harvey and Lions Oak parks with the
exception of youth baseball games and practices during the season
at Harvey Park.
- Public hearing on expenditures of Supplemental Law Enforcement
- Amend ordinance regarding City Council procedural
When and where: 7 p.m., City Hall, 380 Civic Drive, Galt.
Lodi Unified School District Board of Education
- Hear an update on the proposed conversion of Heritage and
Needham schools to K-6.
- Set the annual board organizational meeting for Dec.
- Hold public hearings for two separate charter school
- Recognize Erika Jane B. Albinto of Middle College High School
for her first-place entry in the Reaching for the Stars Foundation
When and where: 7 p.m., John Muir Elementary School, 2303 Whistler Way, Stockton.
North San Joaquin Water Conservation District board special meeting
- Presentation on Santa Clara Valley Water District's groundwater
- Presentation on Eastern San Joaquin County Groundwater Banking
- Presentation on Mokelumne River Forum.
- Presentation on North San Joaquin's current and future water
When and where: 6:30 p.m., Lodi Grape Festival grounds, Burgundy Hall, 413 E. Lockeford St., Lodi.
Lodi Greenbelt Task Force
Meeting is canceled.
San Joaquin County Board of Supervisors
Meeting is canceled.
Lodi City Council
- Award $88,000 contract to Diede Construction of Woodbridge for
playground surfacing Hale Park on Lodi's Eastside.
- Accept improvements for wastewater infrastructure replacement
- Accept five machetes of "Celebrate the Harvest" sculpture by
artist Rowland Cheney.
- Adopt resolution supporting a ballot initiative that would
prevent the state from borrowing, taking or redirecting funds and
opposing an initiative that would require a two-thirds vote for
public electricity providers.
- Public hearing to consider unmet transit needs in
- Introduce ordinance regarding vending on streets, sidewalks and
- Report on the Downtown Summit held Oct. 16.
- Adding a one percent fee for video-related capital acquisition
and repairs. For a customer subscribing to the 100-channel digital
starter service, the increase would be about 58 cents per
When and where: 7 p.m., Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St.
San Joaquin County Board of Education
When and where: Noon, 901 Arch-Airport Road, Stockton.
Galt Joint Union Elementary School District Board of Education
- Hear a report on community pastors on premises as
- Consideration to establish Dec. 9 as annual organizational
meeting and regular monthly meeting.
- Evaluate Superintendent Karen Schauer during closed
When and where: 7 p.m., Lake Canyon Elementary School, 800 Lake Canyon Ave., Galt.
Lodi Art Advisory Board
- Policy discussion and photos of new Arts in Public Places
- Update on Japantown mural by Tony Segale.
- Update on Rite of Spring sculpture by Baubie Fox.
When and where: 12:30 p.m., Hutchins Street Square Green Room, 125 S. Hutchins St.
San Joaquin County Adivsory Water Commission
- Update on flood protection.
- Review and possible action on passage of Delta
When and where: 1 p.m., planning/public health conference room, 1601 E. Hazelton Ave., Stockton.
Lockeford Municipal Advisory Council
- Presentation on San Joaquin County senior services by Wendy
Moore, deputy director of the county's Department of Human
- Public safety reports by the county sheriff's office and
California Highway Patrol.
When and where: 7 p.m., old Lockeford schoolhouse, 19456 N. Jack Tone Road, Lockeford.
Oak View Elementary School District board
When and where: 7:30 p.m. in the school's multi-purpose room, 7474 E. Collier Road, Acampo.