For Lodi motorcycle officers, driving slow is tough part

Related Videos

Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2010 12:00 am

It sounds a bit tricky to ride an 800-pound motorcycle through a series of tight circles without knocking over orange cones.

But it's one of many tasks a Lodi police motorcycle officer must master before taking to the streets, as Officer Eric Versteeg has learned this week.

• posted at 4:18 am on Mon, Apr 12, 2010.

Prissy, one thing to remember, “The Truth Shall Set You Free!!” Grin :-)))))

• posted at 12:06 pm on Sun, Apr 11, 2010.

Excellent Post Dogs, your right you can’t argue with an artful dodger or toCall a spade a spade, a bald faced liar.. Semper Fi

• posted at 9:00 am on Sun, Apr 11, 2010.

Dogs, I didn't mean it in but a sarcastic mode, but you and gator seem to have quite a fixation with firearms. You boast of having them and if you think you are not a target for gangs or burglars, you'd better think twice. I typed civilian and meant to type citizen, and meant nothing by that anyway. What's wrong with civilian? Dogs, you aren't any different from me, talking when you should be listening and speaking your own piece of mind. What's wrong with that? The thing that offends about is that he lives in Nampa, Idaho in the Boise, Nampa, Cladwell area, and a poor part of Ada county. He talks smack about Lodi gangs while failing that the gang problem in Nampa makes Lodi look tame. And then blames the dirt poor Hispanics that have lived there for years as the bad guys. The aryans and bikers have been established gangs in the Boise-Nampa area longer than the Hispanics. So, dogs 4 you, if I offended you, I didn't mean to offend you and to you I sincerely apologize, too. Have a nice day, my friend.

• posted at 6:43 am on Sun, Apr 11, 2010.

I told myself that I was going to take the day off, however after reading A. H. pressoff, my mind was changed. First of all you lug nut, I am not a civilian, I was trained by the best and still retain that training. I will not drive around town looking for targets of opportunity, those blue and red morans are good at that since all the weapons they have are without serial numbers and not registered. You can bet your worthless azz that no one will ever remove a weapon from my house. The day just might come when the honest law biding citizen that has no criminal record, votes, pay his taxes, is responable for paying his bills can receive a licence to CCW. Since you don`t know me you cannot speak of someone you know nothing about, but you seem to do that all the time. I have a feeling you will dream up a reuttal, just give in a rest and put a sock in the proper aperture since no one wants to read it in the first place.

• posted at 4:26 am on Sun, Apr 11, 2010.

Wowerzz,If this were all about generating $$, they could be charging admission to people who want to watch cops with no motorcycle experience navigate a course. I would pay to watch it.

• posted at 3:56 am on Sun, Apr 11, 2010.

Pressi; The super dude, a legend in his own mind and as full of crap as the Christmas goose.. The more you rant the bigger the liar you tend to be…Fake, fraud and some one no one really gives a rat’s a>> about, Grow up.!

• posted at 4:17 pm on Sat, Apr 10, 2010.

It's civilians like you and dogs that the thieves get their arsenal supply from. You just can't go around shooting anyone with out proving they were a threat to your life. This ain't the 50's boys. The police are paid to protect you. Let them do their job.

• posted at 4:12 pm on Sat, Apr 10, 2010.

Gator, I've got twenty felonies I've committed but I haven't been caught yet, so does that mean I'm a great thief? Just because you got one ticket, could mean you're a great driver who just hasn't gotten caught when you were speeding. Are you lovingly caressing that sexy female trigger on your sidearm? Did that sexy rifle trigger stand you up tonight? Bring those Aryan brothers along with you for protection if you're so afraid of your own shadow that you need to carry a sidearm, especially a magnum. ROFLMFAO Goodnight and don't let that itchy trigger finger shoot yourself in your sleep. Get real gator.

• posted at 12:23 pm on Sat, Apr 10, 2010.

Gator, come on ahead your always welcomed here in Lodi, the .357 should do, but I highly advise something with armor plate and bullet proof glass.

• posted at 11:48 am on Sat, Apr 10, 2010.

In the times we find our selves in the 2-5 mile leeway is a thing of the past, If the limit is 35 then 35.5 is going to get you busted. Like Dogs said the Motorcycle Officers have a job to do so if your stupid and get 3 tickets intwo months you deserve what you get… Dogs; coming down your way on Wednesday, with that unruly segment of society in Lodi maybe I should Bring the 357, Grin!!!!

• posted at 11:27 am on Sat, Apr 10, 2010.

No matter what you think of the motor patrol, these guys can really ride a bike. To be able to make a very tight 360 going slow without putting your foot down takes allot of skill. Concerning a ticket, drive at or under the speed limit, not to worry about getting pulled over. If the speed limit is 35 and you go 37 you can be sighted for speeding.In the stupid driving column, the other day I observed a woman driving with a cigarette in one hand, cell in the other steering with her elbows. Do you think she deserved to get pinched?

• posted at 10:02 am on Sat, Apr 10, 2010.

Well pressie looks as though you stepped in it this time, tested once a week for over ten years, H-S!! First of all if you get a ticket in your vehicle it’s a moving violation and depending on the type, points are added to your recordand reported to your insurance company. Over 6 points your license will bepulled by the state and no doubt your insurance will be canceled… as forDUI’s more that one most companies will terminate you plus you can dohard time from 6 months to 2 years plus…I have close to 2 and a half millionmiles of work driving with one accident and I ticket for 60 in a 55 zone along with that I was a CDL instructor so there you have it.. Go find Geppetto and tell him mean ol Gator is picking on his Pinocchio…

• posted at 9:02 am on Sat, Apr 10, 2010.

chevyman, three tickets in two months? Hope your insurance agent doesn't find out.

• posted at 8:17 am on Sat, Apr 10, 2010.

watch out for being harassed by the vet.. he loves to hate you and will lie to give you a ticket to piss you off and waste your time, gave me 3 in 2 months and only deserved 1 so be careful not to make him made because he will follow you every time he see's you on road just to rattle your nerves, when he could be out stopping those gang bangers

• posted at 8:14 am on Sat, Apr 10, 2010.

wowerzz, don't violate any traffic codes and you won't be cited. Those officers also provide important backup and aren't just motorcycle cops that merely write tickets all day long. If LPD wanted they could assign every motorcycle and patrol car and issue tickets all day long if they were merely interested in writing citations only and loading the city coffers. They'd need only to patrol Kettleman and Turner to write all the citations they wanted. If LPD were real serious about loading up the city coffer, they's pursue maximum enforcement at every wine tasting and event. As you can see, they are not going to pick on any tourists or influential council, management, influential orr good old boy. My 25 years in this area and never have I seen any of that "special breed" who's had their name in the newspaper for driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol? Can anyone show me just one? I don't know, IMHO, how they work their get out of jail system, but I have a pretty good idea. Rumor says one present council member has issued hundred of those free passes.

• posted at 6:48 am on Sat, Apr 10, 2010.

but People Obey Traffic Laws/Rules!!!!...its funny to see what people do while they're driving...IDIOTS!

• posted at 6:47 am on Sat, Apr 10, 2010.

Great four more guys who will generate $$$ for the state/county....I wont say city because if I remember correctly..its only 7% the city receives from these fines..wowerzz!