The San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office released its annual 2012 coroner’s report, which provides a statistical breakdown of the causes of all county deaths last year.
- 4,791 deaths were recorded in San Joaquin County in 2012, a 3 percent increase over 2011 and the highest in the past five years.
- 37 percent of deaths were accidental.
- Suicides accounted for 11 percent of deaths, the highest amount in the previous five years. Victims used firearms in 37 percent of suicides.
- 14 percent of deaths were homicides, and firearms were used in 83 percent of homicides.
- 64 people died as a result of motor vehicle accidents, a 23 percent decrease from 2011.
You must login to view the full content on this page.
Or, use your linked account: