No injuries, minor damage in chimney fire
A small chimney fire took place at about 6:45 p.m. Wednesday in the 300 block of Oak Avenue in Galt, according to the Cosumnes Community Services District.
Firefighters saw flames coming from the chimney's flue, but the owner put the fire out with a garden hose, according to the fire report.
There were no injuries.
New MAC members take oath of office
New members Steve Newman, Lita Wallach and Raymond Cuenca took their seats on the Woodbridge Municipal Advisory Council at a special meeting Tuesday.
They replace Aaron Devencenzi, Michael Devencenzi and Tom Miller, who didn't seek re-election this year. The newcomers join MAC members Mary Avanti, Ron Rader, Robert Durham and Tad Platt.
Avanti was elected chairwoman, and Newman took over as secretary.
There was no other action at Tuesday's meeting. The next regular meeting will be held on Jan. 25.
First published: Friday, December 8, 2006