- Tips to conserve water
Outdoor water use is by far the biggest use of water for the typical residence, according to water officials. Here are some tips for easy water conservation at home:
- Do not over-water lawns and landscaping.
- Limit watering to twice per week, preferably in the early morning.
- Do not allow hoses to run without a shut-off nozzle or timer.
- Do not use water to wash off exterior surfaces.
- Replace shower heads and faucets with low-flow fixtures.
— Source: City of Galt
Posted: Friday, May 16, 2014 12:03 am
Not only do Galt residents have to contend with the drought like the rest of the state, but the city’s wells haven’t been functioning properly. Now a recent statewide report shows local groundwater level is low.
What does this mean for Galt water users?
More about Water
Friday, May 16, 2014 12:03 am.
| Location Tags: