Galt High School students are scheduled to return to school today after a health scare closed down the campus early last Friday. Monday was Labor Day, and Tuesday was a previously scheduled day off.
Last week, four students experiencing influenza-like symptoms were taken to area hospitals. Another seven fell ill, prompting officials to send all students home just after lunchtime.
Cosumnes Fire Department did a room-by-room sweep of the Lincoln Way campus looking for any environmental causes such as air quality problems, and Pacific Gas & Electric confirmed there was no gas leak. A cause has yet to be determined, Superintendent Matthew Roberts said in an email on Tuesday.
The Sacramento County Health Department, however, is still looking into the incident, he said.
“All students involved are back to normal,” Roberts said.