Before leaving the house today, be prepared for some frost on the car windshield. With temperatures reaching 29 degrees, frost is possible early this morning.
Here are some ideas on how to defrost your car:
- Pour cold water on the windshield or turn the defroster on in the car to loosen the ice. Use a scraper if you have one to remove the ice. Do not use hot water because it could crack the windshield.
- If you get stuck without a scraper, you can use a plastic spatula, credit card, a plastic water bottle cap or an old CD. Just make sure you are not using something that is metal because it might scratch your windshield.
- Or you can just stop by a local store to grab a scraper. Here are some places you can go get one:
- Kragen Auto Shop in Lodi at 430 S. Cherokee Lane or in Galt at 10370 Twin Cities Road has small and large scrapers ranging in price from $1.99 to $2.99.
- Ace Hardware in Galt at 1067 C St. has handheld scrapers for $1.99 and scrapers with a brush for $2.99.
- Orchard Supply Hardware in Lodi at 360 S. Cherokee Lane for $2.99.
- Target in Lodi at 2355 West Kettleman Lane has handheld scrapers for $1.
Early Thursday morning will start out cold with the low temperatures overnight being 29 degrees, said Andy Mussoline, of AccuWeather, a private forecasting service. During the day, temperatures will warm up with a high of 51 degrees and a low of 38 degrees. The day will be mostly cloudy because of two weak storm systems off shore that are pushing inland. Rain could start falling Thursday, but it won't be until late evening.
On Friday, there will be a high of 54, and it will rain throughout the day, Mussoline said. Throughout the weekend, lows will be in the mid to upper-40s.
Saturday, Lodi will see a bigger storm system accompanied with gusty winds from the south and southeast between 10 to 25 mph, Mussoline said. At times, strong gusts could reach 35 mph. The high will be 56 degrees, and this will be the wettest day.
Sunday should calm down with rain continuing and a high of 55.
There will be a break from the rain on Monday with a high of 53 degrees, Mussoline said.