Lodi business leaders reminded of God's influence

Posted: Thursday, September 25, 2008 10:00 pm

More than 200 Christian business leaders, elected officials, candidates and a superior court judge gathered Thursday morning for a single purpose - to recognize the importance of God in their personal and professional lives.

"In this election time, we need to acknowledge that God reigns," Lodi attorney LaDon Bader told the crowd enjoying a breakfast buffet at the Woodbridge Golf and Country club.

• posted at 4:17 pm on Sun, Sep 28, 2008.

Can we please get a list of business owners that attended so those of us who disagree can boycott there store?

• posted at 7:49 am on Sun, Sep 28, 2008.

"They don't have a superior right, nor should this type of segregated gathering be portrayed as NEWS in the local paper."You're right, by all means let's not let any religious group get media coverage.The only reason you think this was segragation was because it was a group of Christians AGAINST prop 8. IF it was a group of Christians gathered in support of prop 8 you would be cheering the LNS for fair reporting.

• posted at 4:56 am on Sun, Sep 28, 2008.

@ Rhodie: Christians -- like ALL faith groups -- have a right to gather, pray, and engage in political activities. They don't have a superior right, nor should this type of segregated gathering be portrayed as NEWS in the local paper. For me, this article illustrates precisely why the News-Sentinel is in big trouble. This kind of reporting went unnoticed in Lodi years ago, but no more. There are many different kinds of Christians with diverse viewpoints and it is offensive to me that people ASSume all Christians support segregation and a denial of equal rights to all which is what Prop 8 would accomplish.

• posted at 3:23 am on Sun, Sep 28, 2008.

"at the 36th annual Greater Lodi Leadership Prayer Breakfast"Yes, obviously since it was the 36th annual meeting it was a complete surprise to everyone in the community. I'm sure Dogs and the others had their minds wiped to keep the 35 previous meetings a secret so that this one would be a complete surprise.It actually sounds to me that most of you posting here are more prejudice then the people you are accusing of it. You don't think that Christians have a right to gather. You don't think they have a right to pray. You don't think they have a right to engage in political activities. Some of you even sound like Christianity is offensive to you and you would rather not see it in our community.

• posted at 1:54 pm on Sat, Sep 27, 2008.

Good Points Jenn, thanks.

• posted at 1:47 pm on Sat, Sep 27, 2008.

It's hard to know where to begin. . . This whole thing is, frankly, beyond offensive. First of all, why wasn't this article reserved for the Religion section on Sat.? Why does the Sentinel feel this merits coverage as general local news? Moreover, did the people here just assume that everyone was united in their support of Prop 8? Because, as a Christian, were I there, I would not have sat still and allowed someone to pray - on my behalf, no less -- for its passage. For the record, there are plenty of RIGHT-THINKING Christians who strongly oppose Prop 8 and will assure its failure in November.

• posted at 4:26 pm on Fri, Sep 26, 2008.

ForAstrongLodi, you, as all of us, are entitled to blog what we wish, but I do not understand your blog. What does the year have to do with it? Gods word was not changed to accomodate the times. His message has alway been the same.I would like to personally thank all of you who came together in prayer and worship for guidance and wisdom during these trying times in our world.

• posted at 1:11 pm on Fri, Sep 26, 2008.

Ross Since you seem to have be there or know about it, how many non Christians were there? For a muslim or Jew to show up at a Christian meeting would be something like the Rev. Jackson and Sharpton showing up at a Klu Klux Clan meeting. From the pic, all I see are white folks and men in ties. As far as morally bankrupting this country, look at the church in general, they are like calling the kettle black. Makes me wonder how many of those good folks have a secret on their computer. You want to stop morally bankrupting this country, start with rap music, and movies that portray allot of violence that can make an impression on a young person`s mind. Hope the food was worth $25.00 dollars

• Ross Farrow posted at 12:43 pm on Fri, Sep 26, 2008.

Ross Farrow Posts: 104

The entire community was invited. We announced the breakfast this week in the News-Sentinel. And the food was not free. It cost $25.00.

• posted at 8:37 am on Fri, Sep 26, 2008.

Concerning that Prayer breakfast, were only Christian`s invited? If I were a Jew would I be turned away? Would a Muslim stand a chance of getting in since he doesn`t believe in what your selling. Robert Litchfield says he has a lot of hope for the leaders of Lodi, glad he does, the people of Lodi sure don`t. I don`t believe in gay marrage, however, I don`t think anyone should be able to judge another person as how to run his life. Litchfield states "Love thy neighbor as you love yourself", I don`t think I would go that far and say I love myself, I`m OK wth myself. Does that include if his neighbor is gay or a Jew he wouldn`t? Sound like the hypocrite in him is showing. I think they all showed up for the free food.

• posted at 5:15 am on Fri, Sep 26, 2008.

On a related note, the comedy-documentary Religulous is coming out next Friday. I hope many people go out to see it, regardless of their beliefs.http://www.lionsgate.com/religulous/

• posted at 4:33 am on Fri, Sep 26, 2008.

What year is this, 1850? To each their own.How about keeping your religion out of my politics, and especially out of my business?

• posted at 12:59 am on Fri, Sep 26, 2008.

WOW! that sounded like a great time. I wish I was there. I am so sorry I missed it. I bet this band would have played there it would have been so cool. You got to listen!!!http://www.avclub.com/content/videocracy/6759