Lodi man sentenced for torturing child

Baby's mother, Justin Beebe's family say punishment of life in prison, with minimum of 7 years served, too much

Posted: Wednesday, October 7, 2009 12:00 am

In a Stockton courtroom Tuesday, Justin Wayne Beebe looked at his young daughter and said between loud sobs: "My baby, I love you."

A few minutes later, he was sentenced to a life sentence, with a minimum of seven years in prison, for torturing his daughter when she was just two months old.

• posted at 5:35 am on Tue, Oct 13, 2009.

Brian:You obviously have NO idea about suicide, Please refrain from spouting where you have NO intelligence...

• posted at 5:33 am on Tue, Oct 13, 2009.

Life in prison. but eligible for parole in 7.... Yea something wrong with that..Why do they cheapen it and call it "life" anyway??

• posted at 8:16 am on Mon, Oct 12, 2009.

aimee wrote "It's good to remember, however, that bloggers don't always agree and they shouldn't always agree."I agree. And thank God we don't always agree. :-)

• posted at 7:57 am on Mon, Oct 12, 2009.

Mr. Beebe had best hope they put him in PC otherwise with that charge hanging over his head life expectancy will be short…

• posted at 2:33 am on Mon, Oct 12, 2009.

To those who have shared their personal stories of abuse - thank you for being so honest and for taking the time to talk about something that is so personal and private.I hope this baby's mother reads your words and gains the strength to do the right thing by her daughter.

• posted at 2:25 am on Mon, Oct 12, 2009.

Bob Hussein Loblaw wrote on Oct 7, 2009 1:45 PM:"It is sad that it takes something horrific like this case to bring the bloggers together."I disagree Bob. It would be sad if it DIDN'T bring us togather in agreement that this event was horrific.It's good to remember, however, that bloggers don't always agree and they shouldn't always agree.

• posted at 10:11 am on Sat, Oct 10, 2009.

Ivan Dixon: I understand what you mean in your Oct 7, 2009 5:09 comments. Most men would rather die than harm a child like this guy did.

• posted at 4:22 am on Sat, Oct 10, 2009.

Good Morning Ivan,Absolutely. By the way. Did you know my dad?

• posted at 1:59 am on Sat, Oct 10, 2009.

Mr Dockter, for men like you and I, this will never be a question since we would NEVER do what this individual has done.

• posted at 4:55 pm on Fri, Oct 9, 2009.

And Ivan,Before you go spouting you mouth that I don't have any idea what I am talking about, well, my dad would still be here had he not been so selfish. His clients lost a lot of money in the stock market and he took it to heart. He was a kind and good father. He never layed a hand on any of us. It's 40 years this year since he passed.

• posted at 4:46 pm on Fri, Oct 9, 2009.

Ivan Dixon wrote on Oct 7, 2009 5:09 PM:" As a father and a grandfather, I simply cannot imagine committing such an act.IF I DID, somehow, commit such an act while drunk, I can tell you that THE VERY FIRST THING I would do when I sobered up would be to stick my pistol in my mouth and pull the trigger. "-Ivan,Suicide is a very selfish act. Perhaps you're not capable of understandingthe hurt you would inflict on your family members by doing such a selfish act. Some people always choose the easy way out.

• posted at 7:53 am on Fri, Oct 9, 2009.

"It's not in my nature to hurt any child intentionally. ... I'm a bad father, I messed up. But this is a case of me being an impatient father," Beebe said to the court.Oh please... my husband has PTSD and a history of substance abuse runs in his family and he would NEVER hurt our daughter. You have no excuse for what you did and the sentance you got is what you deserved. Hope you serve LIFE

• posted at 7:49 am on Fri, Oct 9, 2009.

"I don't need to take my daughter to prison for the rest of my life to see her father," the mother saidNo you moron NEITHER of you should go see that waste of human life. Don't see him, don't have contact with him, don't send him pictures and remove yourself from anyone who might. See about getting a counselor, and getting your head right and then moving as far away from here as you can.

• posted at 7:43 am on Fri, Oct 9, 2009.

As the mother of a 7 month old baby girl this story makes me want to throw up! This man needs to be labeled as a child abuser the MOMENT he steps foot in prision. And this disgusting flith of a "Gestational carrier"(mother is NOT the word) needs to have all her rights revoked. Please I will take this little girl and give her a home where she is loved, don't let her stay with these bottom feeders.

• posted at 7:30 am on Fri, Oct 9, 2009.

Forgot to edit.Perhaps it wouldn't be so bad if the daughter cut herself and her kids off from Justin, but if her mom's still with him, she won't see her daughter and grandkids, either. I know from what I've seen in my life that this scenario can be quite upsetting to the grandparents, although some never understand why it's happening because they're too sick.Kids grow up before you know it, and you can do so much to help your daughter to grow up into a healthy adult. It's all up to you.

• posted at 7:22 am on Fri, Oct 9, 2009.

Ditto to all the advice here. There's something else for the mom to think of, too.If she should continue to allow her child around these toxic people or perhaps bring another abuser into her life, her little girl will probably leave home at a very early age, or run away. If she were to stay, she'd likely hook up with an abuser herself. She may even want nothing else to do with her mom, and cut herself and her kids off from their grandma and Grandpa Justin. The mom can't see it now, but her choices will have lifelong repercussions, and she'll be feeling lots of pain in twenty years or so.

• posted at 5:23 am on Fri, Oct 9, 2009.

To umentioned name mother,I hope to the Creator that you are reading and comprehending all that the posters here are saying to you and about you, I see that they care more for your daughter, and perhaps for you, than you and your family do.Justtin Beebe is a monster, a donation of sperm is his contribution to your daughter. In his state, he DID mean to harm the 2 month old child.I hope that the Sentinel will track Beebe's appeal and it's calendar, some posters here may want to speak to the judge on your daughters behalf.

• posted at 7:45 pm on Thu, Oct 8, 2009.

Toxic meaning he has verbally abused her and has called her all sorts of foul names that a father should never call his daughter. He has tormented her on the phone and harrassed her verbally and thank God she is now an adult and can make up her own mind to say, "NO MORE!" He says he's sorry for the things he has done, but once he talks to both of his kids on the phone, he's back to his same abusive pattern. My kids are in their 20's now, he is in his mid-50's. NOTHING has ever changed. Except now his kids have nothing to do with him. So, please get yourself some counseling. See yourself as a person, a young woman who should be valued, respected and treated like a decent young lady and not some man's doormat, punching bag, and garbage can. After many years of being single, and learning how to be healthy and whole, I met a wonderful man who treats me and my kids like jewels, treasures. There are good men out there and they are worth waiting for. Shoot for the best and you will get it.

• posted at 7:40 pm on Thu, Oct 8, 2009.

As I mentioned before, men like Justin will never change because there is a mental defect in their thinking. Unless Justin sees his problems with eyes of truth - I am an abuser and I need help - nothing will ever change. And when he gets out of prison and ends up in a relationship, and I pray to God it's not with you, he will end up abusing her too. It will happen. I have seen it over and over with my kid's dad. Nothing has changed because it's always somebody else's fault, or something else that was to blame. Please hear me, you don't want your daughter to be raised knowing and thinking that all she is worth or valued as a woman is a man's punching bag. YOU are her teacher, and what you are going through is what she is going to learn. You don't ever have to take her to prison to see her dad. Why? I never did! Why do that to the child. She is going to grow up soon enough to make her own judgements about her dad. My daughter has nothing to do with him because he is toxic to her.

• posted at 7:36 pm on Thu, Oct 8, 2009.

Get yourself into counseling with a good counselor. Get yourself into a good church where people will love on you and support you. You have got to see that you are a precious individual who deserves to be loved and treated with respect. And your daughter needs to be taught that as well. Get yourself into some good parenting classes. Read good books on parenting. Read books that will teach you how to become a healthy and whole person who will run as fast as she can from men like Justin Beebe. One thing I have learned is that when a person has lived a turbulent abusive lifestyle, they tend to romanticize the abuser - meaning, they think that the abuser is such a wonderful person who only needs a little guidance and understanding and everything will be ok. NO! Things will never change because the abuser will always think it's everybody else's fault. It's the DA's fault for taking him to court. It's the fact that he was drunk - that's the fault. Not once has Justin Beebe owned his abuse for what it is - abuse. He has blamed it on being impatient.

• posted at 7:32 pm on Thu, Oct 8, 2009.

After three long hours of being hit, pushed, kicked, punched and harrassed every single time I went to get the phone or tried to leave the house for help, I finally convinced the man to let me call for medical help because it was clear my son was struggling. When the dr. asked me why it took me so long to phone him, what could I say? I feared for my life. My son was in the hospital for three days and went through a battery of tests and thank God he was ok. I am saying this because a mother's natural innate instinct is to protect her children at all costs. After another child and continued beatings, and almost being choked to death in front of my babies, I finally gathered the courage and strength to leave him for good. The thing is, I have changed tremendously, and he is still the same. Men like my kid's father never change. To this young mother, you would be wise to look at his sentence as YOUR wake up call to determine never to live that kind of abusive life again.

• posted at 7:27 pm on Thu, Oct 8, 2009.

To the baby's mother: This story was so disturbing to me because my life was filled with abuse - abuse at the hands of my mother, and then what too often happens, one goes from the familiar into another abusive lifestyle. I met the kids dad when I was 18 and not too long after that the abuse began. What was new? I had lived abuse my entire life and it seems that it's the normal, when it's not. When I was pregnant with my first child, he beat me terribly. Kicked me in the stomach, kicked me in the head until I was unconscious and I had the baby premature. The day after we brought the baby home I found him not breathing and turning blue. I jerked him up out of bed and shook him and he coughed and sputtered and finally started breathing. When I tried to call for medical help, his dad refused to let me. For three hours I was beaten and harrassed and finally was able to get to the phone and get help.

• posted at 1:22 pm on Thu, Oct 8, 2009.

no1special, you asked us to give this young woman caring advice. Here is mine.Get your innocent little baby the heck away from that monster you call a husband and his wacked out family. They are protecting their son but no one is even thinking of that little baby. Great fathers do not beat their 2 month old child. As for comparing this to spanking, what could a 2 month old child do wrong that she would have to be spanked for?

• posted at 9:41 am on Thu, Oct 8, 2009.

ellieneslermyhero, that's the word I was looking for: enabler.Thanks.

• posted at 8:38 am on Thu, Oct 8, 2009.

To Beebe's name-unmentioned wife,Extricate yourself from Beebe's family immediately, permanently. Go far far away, if necessary, and get professional help immediately. His family is as sick as he is and you are delusional as well and the above solution is the only thing that will save your daughter from you.If you love your daughter as some of the posters say you do then you will seek the help you need to change. And you must stay away from Beebe's enablers. The Sentinel has done you a favor by printing this story in that you can read and open the doors to your perceptions to see what you have done and how you have rationalized YOUR CRIME against your daughter.Please do not bring any more innocent children into this sick world.

• posted at 4:08 am on Thu, Oct 8, 2009.

BeatKid, I'm sorry for your sad childhood. It's even sadder that the Word was wrongly used to justify your dad's actions."He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes."There is chastening or discipline but whoever taught your dad forgot to emphasize the word LOVE.There is no love in child abuse.

• posted at 3:49 am on Thu, Oct 8, 2009.

BeatKid,You express what millions of other former abused children feel so well. May God bless and heal you. I hope your abuser didn't warp your idea of God. Sounds like he tried. If he did, the Bible says he'd be better off with a millstone hung around his neck at the bottom of the sea. I wonder if he was aware of that?I know of one abuser who even used pop psychology books to justify his actions. The mom in this situation didn't even bother to intervene on her kids' behalf. There are all kinds of awful situations.

• posted at 1:21 am on Thu, Oct 8, 2009.

My father started beating his kids with the belt when we were babies too young to even sit up. For years we wore bruises from knees to neck, from hour-long whippings. For intervening mom was beaten unconscious.Dad would straighten up when she called the cops, but when they got there kids couldn't speak. We hid in the woods while Mom lied.Afterward Dad was 'So sorry' (to Mom, not the kids). He'd cry like a baby and beg her to stay. She left and returned repeatedly, leaving her kids in the care of a sadist who coped with depression by binge drinking. We lived through horrors.Her efforts to 'fix him' were pathetic. She took him to a Baptist church: the idiots taught him Proverbs 13:24. With God on his side his cruelty became bottomless. The Beebe family was on a frightening trajectory. Yes the man needs help, but he will not change without some stronger motivator than keeping his family together. This sentence can be that. Having adult kids who don't despise you is a good thing, Mr. Beebe. When you realize that, you'll know your family was greatly blessed today.

• posted at 7:41 pm on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

7 years? I really don't think he will be coming back on probation.You know what these prisoners are capable of when it comes to these sick individuals who rape, molest, murder or hurt these innocent children. He is in the hands of God now. He should be scared the day he gets behind bars. The prisoners will not be welcoming him with open arms...but with closed fists and worse. Goodbye Mr. child beater!

• posted at 6:51 pm on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

"I don't think he tortured my daughter. She is perfectly fine, there is no memory loss. ... God only knows what happened that day, but he loves his baby since the day she was born," the mother said in court while crying.TWO MONTHS OLD... that's not spanking. That's torture! Oh, by the way, I love my kids since the day they were born. I'm a disciplinarian but I would be a saint compared to the way Beebe hurt his daughter who more than a year later, is still not able to comprehend what discipline is all about.

• posted at 6:40 pm on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

The case illustrates a not uncommon dilemma: A man abuses a wife or his children, and then gets sent away to prison, unable to be a parent or spouse or breadwinner. It pits the desire for children to grow up with fathers, and women to have the support of a husband or boyfriend, against the need to protect women and children from abusive behavior.---WOW! Ms. Creamer, are you an advocate for the convicted dad?

• posted at 5:21 pm on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

Any man that beats up his infant daughter is lucky to only get life in prison.

• posted at 2:40 pm on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

Ivan, I rather doubt you would wash your mouth out with a pistol when you were sober. Killing yourself will not do you or your family any good, one good thing, you would never get drunk again.

• posted at 2:32 pm on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

Saddest part is, this is the baby that we have read about, be most concerned for all the babys that never make it to a hospital or newspaper. Without a doubt it is happening as I type.Leonard, you talk a good fight, do you have what it takes to look a man in the eyes and drop the hammer taking his life, do any of you bloggers. If someone broke into my house, he leaves in a bag, but to murder anyone, not so sure, could you live with yourself after the deed was done. Might give it some thought before you reply and want me up against a wall also.

• posted at 1:19 pm on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

What a bunch of worthless people. Beating a two-month-old baby and then having the mother justify it with sorry excuses. We need to get these genes out of the gene pool, but people on here are right. This stupid woman will find some other abusive drunk to knock her up while her "baby daddy" is doing life.

• posted at 12:09 pm on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

• posted at 11:32 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

K - I HATE to break this to you people but most of you clearly have no clue about the justice system. no1special - a life sentence would be the most appropriate sentence for a grown man who beat a 2 month old child severely enough for the child to spend 3 days at UCDavis with a brain bleed. However, he won't serve life. He will serve the minimum of his 7 years and then start coming up for parole. Then they will determine whether or not he will be released back into society to beat yet another woman and child and with the way the overcrowding situation is - he may be out in 3 yrs.

• posted at 11:16 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

P.S.,no1special, since you grew up in the environment you did, counseling might help you put things in perspective. If you should choose to become a parent someday, it will teach you effective strategies to build a loving home for your children, too.

• posted at 11:13 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

no1special,I can see from your words that you still see things from the template of the abusive family you grew up in. There's no guarantee your abusive father wouldn't some day lay a hand on you, because really, these people are out of control re: their own actions. They hold other people responsible for them, saying others "make them" violent. There's no guarantee you wouldn't someday "make" the abuser violent as well.They all have a terrible problem accepting responsibility for their own actions. Justin Beebe is the same way, according to this article.

• posted at 10:51 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

no1special yelled "MY RESPONSE IS...MY FATHER ABUSED MY MOTHER AND NEVER ONCE HIT,SPANKED,CURSED OR EVEN YELLED AT ME...NOBODY KNEW THAT DAY HE WAS GOING TO DO THIS... I'M SURE IF THE MOTHER KNEW SHE WOULD NOT OF LEFT HER WITH HIM.."no1special: Like I said, IMO, this woman should never have left her infant in the hands of an abuser. I do not believe that such a monster NEVER showed his true colors, not even once, during the time previous to this child's birth. If this mother had experiences with him before he beat the infant, as an aggressive abusive type man, then she was an accessory to this abuse. Your abusive household tells me a lot about where your point of view is coming from, no1special. You didn't deserve to be in, or around, such horrible abusive behavior either. No child should live in such horror.

• posted at 10:43 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

no1special: Once you become a mother/parent you should put your child's safety before anyone else. If she did not have a child I would see her as a poor thing that is simply clueless and weak, hoping she gets a clue and become a strong woman before giving birth to an innocent child. She now has a child depending on her. Her child could have been dead, murdered by the man she chose to care for her infant daughter. No more pussyfooting around with this mom. The child comes first. The mom still seems to NOT "get it"! This is where the concern is with the safety of the child. CPS should make sure to be on this mother like glue to make sure she is making the right choices for this child. Personally I think she should be barred from visiting the abusive monster in prison.

• posted at 10:42 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

Toast them all and let God sort them out.

• posted at 10:40 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

no1special wrote on Oct 7, 2009 2:31 PM:Rapist,murders and molesters don't even get a life sentence..Rapists, murderers, molesters and people who beat the cr@p out of babies should all get the same thing, death.End of story.

• posted at 10:37 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

Lodian wrote: find it hard to believe that in 9 months of pregnancy, or however long these two were together, that this monster never showed this kind of aggression towards this woman. Why would any mother put her infant daughter in the hands of an abuser. Her judgment is suspect and she needs to be monitored so the child will be safe. "MY RESPONSE IS...MY FATHER ABUSED MY MOTHER AND NEVER ONCE HIT,SPANKED,CURSED OR EVEN YELLED AT ME...NOBODY KNEW THAT DAY HE WAS GOING TO DO THIS... I'M SURE IF THE MOTHER KNEW SHE WOULD NOT OF LEFT HER WITH HIM..

• posted at 10:30 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

LODIAN SHE IS YOUNG GIVE HER TIME TO THINK ABOUT IT..THE LAST 14 MOS SHE HAS BEEN IN A WHIRLWIND SHE WILL COME TO HER SENSES. I BELIVE SHE WILL GET ON WITH HER LIFE AND I HOPE SHE DOES NOT WAIT FOR HIM. SHE A VERY SWEET GIRL AND I WILL STAND BY HER SIDE BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS REALLY GOING ON INSIDE HER NOBODY DOES..MAYBE SHE'S BEING INFLUENCED BY OUTSIDE SOURCES. SHE IS A GOOD MOTHER..IVE SAID THINGS THAT I DID'NT REALLY MEAN. AND HIS PARENTS WERE THERE MAYBE SHE DID WANT TO MAKE THEM MAD WHO REALLY KNOWS...EXCEPT FOR HER...SHE LOVES THAT LITTLE GIRL..

• posted at 10:26 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

I find it hard to believe that in 9 months of pregnancy, or however long these two were together, that this monster never showed this kind of aggression towards this woman. Why would any mother put her infant daughter in the hands of an abuser. Her judgment is suspect and she needs to be monitored so the child will be safe.

• posted at 10:22 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

I think this mother should be monitored very closely to make sure this child is safe.

• posted at 10:17 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

no1special wrote "And all you judging the mother of the baby should be ashamed"Should the mother not be ashamed? It sounds like the bloggers here may care more about the child than her own mother.

• posted at 10:17 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

IT'S TO BAD THIS HAPPENED. LEAST WE KNOW WHAT KIND OF PERSON THE MOM IS NOW. WOW WORRIED ABOUT SUPPORT FROM A PIEACE OF TRASH THAT WOULD HAVE ONLY CAUSED TROUBLE FOR HER IN THE YEARS TO COME. HEY DO WE HAVE ANY CAPTIN SAVE A HOE'S OUT THERE. PLEASE GIVE THE LITTLE LADY A CALL!

• posted at 10:14 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

no1special: This mother is defending her abuser and the monster that tortured her infant.

• posted at 10:06 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

LODIAN--SHE DID DEFEND THE CHILD THE NIGHT THIS HAPPEND SHE WAS ABUSED TO..AND WHY NOT FINISH WHAT I SAID..THIS IS WHAT WAS SAID..Show some compassion for her..She may not realize it now but she will once she has time to sit back and think about it..Give her a chance. LODIAN IF YOU ARE GOING TO QUOTE PEOPLE FINISH WHAT THEY SAID..DONT JUST PICK OUT BITS AND PIECES..IT IS NOT OUR PLACE TO JUDGE ANYONE...THE MOTHER IS YOUNG..AND WE ALL KNOW HOW THE PAPER MIS-QUOTES PEOPLE ALL THE TIME...MAYBE THATS NOT HOW SHE MENT IT TO SOUND..OR MAYBE IT CAME OUT WRONG ALL YOU. JUST WANT TO DO JUDGE HER AND IT'S SAD...THE GOOD LORD WILL TAKE CARE OF HER IF SHE DID ANY WRONG DOING....SHE PUT HER SELF IN HARMS WAY TO DEFEND HER BABY GIRL.THAT NIGHT..

• posted at 10:02 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

His lawyer is filing an appeal? Didn't he get less of a mandatory sentence than what the original plea bargain sought. Should be happy. Beebe's Family should really think about where the blame lies. I could find some sympathy for the perpatrator if both he and his family did not seem so unremorseful. Instead of being grateful the child did not die and hoping that the time in prison will be well spent avoiding inmates and learning to manage anger. 7 years is the real sentence unless this kid manages to mess that up too. I would hope that his parents would start to look introspectively and figure out why their son turned out to be a monster. What did they do that may have led him down this dark path. Even in their own responses it seems strange that they are not happier that the child is alive. Instead they only focus on the anger. Not what I would consider a very functional environment by any stretch of the imagination. Our prayers are with all of you in hopes of some enlightenment fo each of you.

• posted at 9:54 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

Wow. Score one for the good guys. Ms. Hayes and Detective Maynard keep up the good work. So far as the Beebe kid (I say kid because he has proven to be immature), it is sad. Sad that no one ever stepped up and helped you find your way sooner. Now you will have at least 7 years to live in the kind of fear that you put that woman through. Sadly you and your family just don't get it. A two month old does not have any memory except for core functions. So far as the "BABY MAMA" thanks for doing the right thing for once. Now do us all a favor and get fixed. If you think keeping children around someone with a drug/alcohol/abuse problem is wise then we don't want to see what becomes of your next child with one of these great boys you keep sleeping with. I am sorry but there really is no way to rehabilitate a child abuser/molester. It has been proven that the chemical interaction in the self control centers of their brains are just not wired the same.

• posted at 9:40 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

no1special wrote "But all you people coming down on the mom is to much. Show some compassion for her..."When she defends the child she will get compassion.

• posted at 9:31 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

I really don't know how to respond to this article...I know Iam going to get reemed here but a life sentence is harsh I was thinking 10 years would be good. Rapist,murders and molesters don't even get a life sentence..Iam not justifing what Justin did but LIFE...And all you judging the mother of the baby should be ashamed..who are we to judge people..unless you are in her shoes you should not judge. How about some caring advice for this YOUNG woman. Justin is now going to pay for this tradgedy and Iam gald. But all you people coming down on the mom is to much. Show some compassion for her..She may not realize it now but she will once she has time to sit back and think about it..Give her a chance. Leave her alone....

• posted at 9:28 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

Beebee got what he deserves, I still find it hard that this woman still wants this man in her life. seems to me that this woman needs to give this little girl to a loving family who would treasure this little darling, treat her like a prinicess and always keep her safe, now most likely she will be raised up near the prison with weekly or biweekly visits with the man who did this to her.

• posted at 9:28 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

WOW!!! Are you serious??? Serious you would have reconsidered taking the baby to the hospital? That comment is the most heinous comment I have EVER heard!Does this mother realize she too would be be behind bars had she ignored the beating? I am troubled by this article.

• posted at 8:45 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

• posted at 8:33 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

Aimee wrote on Oct 7, 2009 10:08 AM:" I think it is absolutely absurd that the family members say "you can't even tell it happened" or something to that effect. So what if she was only 2 months old at the time, they don't think that it doesn't affect her emotionally to be beaten like that by a parental figure she trusted?Please...it is clear that the family members that contributed to this article through their comments need help. -----------Aimee: Well said! This is one case where we absolutely 100% agree!

• posted at 8:31 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

"I don't need to take my daughter to prison for the rest of my life to see her father," the mother said."Why would you take this child to the prison, ever?

• posted at 8:29 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

Why does this kind of monster of a man and the woman and child he beats defend his actions? This whole family is sick.

• posted at 8:27 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

This family is absolutely repulsive. It's no wonder the "mother" did not want to be identified. Bruising on her face? Chest? Back? Ankle? Groin? Because daddy was "impatient"? Impatient parents put their 2 month old babies in a crib to cry it out for awhile. Or call someone for help. Psychotic parents beat helpless infants. Beebe, his mom, dad and aunt need to quit feeling sorry for themselves and put the blame where it is deserved. There is one man in this story that committed a disgusting, horrific, unimaginable and unforgivable crime. Jail may not "help" him (if he had wanted help he could have acquired it prior to beating his baby..of course he wants it now) but God hope it helps that babys chance of survival.If the mother of this baby feels like she would reconsider getting medical attention, or that her baby does not need to be protected from Beebe she needs to give her up. A mothers instinct is to protect her child at any cost. If she doesn't have that, she is not a mother.

• posted at 7:41 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

I thank the court system from defending this child. It is ususally the mothers job to defent her child, but obviously this mother wants the man in her life, so he can continue to ABUSE HIS CHILD.Lets be honest, if he were to be let out, he would CONTINUE to drink! hello! WAKE UP MOTHER!!! SEND HIM TO PRISON, LET ANOTHER MAN, A BETTER MAN RAISE THAT CHILD.

• posted at 7:41 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

Ordinary citizen is right on, this was a choice and Beebe was and is not the victim here. It is by God's grace that the baby was not more severely injured or permenantly damaged. Neither parent can be trusted to take care of the child, and now it looks like their relatives cannot be either.

• posted at 7:36 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

This article is disturbing and tragic. I too cannot believe the audacity and thinking of Beebe, his mother, aunt, and his baby's mother. That innocent angel needs to be taken from her mother who clearly needs help since she is now regretting seeking medical treatment for her daughter! They are all more concerned about this child abusers sentence than with the health and happiness of a the child. I hope he gets what is coming to him and that the little girl is raised by loving and stable people, not her parents!!

• posted at 5:45 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

If Justin is to EVER get a second chance, then he has to OWN his abusive behavior for what it is and show genuine sorrow and remorse. He has shown none of that. Case in point:"It's not in my nature to hurt any child intentionally. ... I'm a bad father, I messed up. But this is a case of me being an impatient father," Beebe said to the court." But you did, Justin, you did hurt that child intentionally and you have to own up to it."At the sentencing, Justin Beebe argued that with rehabilitation he could have been a good father to his daughter." Justin, if you really had wanted to be a good father, you would have gotten the help you needed before you beat your baby. You would have stopped the drinking, man up and take responsibility for your violent behavior before the crisis point occurred. You could have said, "I know I have a problem with my anger and right now I cannot be alone with my daughter." And you could have gotten help. But you chose not too. It's all about choices. You chose wrong.

• posted at 5:38 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

"There was no medication," Laura Beebe said. "We were told the child would be fine and grow to be healthy child. Seven days later, you couldn't even tell."Another delusional statement. And because you couldn't even tell that this defenseless baby wasn't even battered and bruised, that everything is ok? Your son should get a free pass? You can hide your head in the sand all you want to, but just remember this, the buzzards will be pecking at your butt. "Beebe's aunt Michelle Williams, said there are often cases in the media of parents, especially mothers, who feel overwhelmed by parenting, and they spank or hit their children too hard. But she said these parents get a second chance and help through counseling."Dear Aunt Michelle: There is a HUGE difference between a spank on the bottom of a toddler, and a beating of a defenseless TWO MONTH OLD BABY! Are you seeing a pattern here of justifying the abusive behavior? Delusional is the key word here.

• posted at 5:32 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

This is one of the most disturbing articles I have read in a long time on so many levels. "But the baby's mother said the injuries were not as severe as prosecutors and police have portrayed them." You should be on your knees thanking GOD for that, instead of making excuses for your son who beat on a defenseless 2 mo old baby. "Beebe's mother, Laura Beebe, said the baby was only monitored to make sure the injuries were not more severe and was released three days after the incident." WAS ONLY - DUH!!! Lady, have you ever heard of shaken baby syndrome? Do you understand at all what swelling on the brain, or bleeding on the brain can do to a baby? Again, instead of making excuses, fall on your knees and thank GOD that the baby is healthy. It's not because of your son, or you, or even the baby's mother she is healty. It's because of God and His mercy. And I pray that God's mercy will remove that precious little one from all of you. Because you guys live in the land of denial and delusion, not in the land of reality.

• posted at 5:12 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

I'm speculating here, and I hope I'm wrong, but if this family is very dysfunctional, they might actually blame the little girl for the fact her father's in prison and constantly tell her how "bad" she is as she grows up. I hope CPS will be in contact with this mom periodically to see how the child is doing, etc., and perhaps offer counseling.

• posted at 5:08 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

• posted at 4:55 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

She actually feels sorry for the man who did this to her daughter? I will never understand this. this little girl will find out the truth about her father, how he did this to her, how her mother thought about not taking her to the hospital, this could have turned out so differently, this little girl could have died at the hands of this monster, our laws should be this harsh, in my mind he got off. our justice system needs to send out a messege to child abusers " hurt a child and do life" maybe california needs to be more like texas, start getting rid of the monsters on death row. we start punishing them now, then others will think twice before commiting the same crime. my heart goes out to this little girl. I pray her mother will be strong enough to let beebee go now. (not that she has a choice)

• posted at 4:50 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

So now she's saying if she knew he would have been punished for beating her child she wouldn't have taken her to seek medical attention. Why haven't they taken that child away from her yet? She is obviously more concerned with her and her daughter's abuser than with the well being of her child. She's no better a parent than the dude who beat her.

• posted at 4:43 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

I hope this little girl has at least some adults in her life who are concerned for her welfare. I'll pray for her. Thank God she dodged one bullet when Justin went to prison.

• posted at 4:42 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

And how could this family think a brain bleed in an infant is no big deal? Sure, they justify their opinions with the fact that everything turned out okay in the end, but that's like saying it's okay to let your toddler wander onto the freeway if the cars all miss him! I unfortunately have known abusive parents in my life, and they sound a lot like the people involved in this story. One thinks a skull fracture that her infant son had was no big deal, just because he's fine now.

• posted at 4:38 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

Now the mom makes me nervous. I thought she was much more clear-headed before I read more information about her.She is definitely a hero for taking the child to the ER and telling the truth. She has saved this little girl a lifetime of abuse! How could she second guess that? And yes, pounding on a defenseless baby *is* torture. Imagine you were not very mobile and someone beat the snot out of you? How would you like it?

• posted at 4:14 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

I can not believe this mother is now supporting this child beater. This child could have died and would most likely have if the mother did not come home when she did.Between having no father and a father that almost beat you to death most sane people would choose no father. This mother is making excuses for her baby beating husband.Alcohol is not an excuse to beat a child. Remember, she is an abused wife who once they are separated from their abuser for some reason think that abuser is now the greatest husband/father in the world and he loves her and her baby. Makes me want to throw up.

• posted at 4:14 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

I agree with the person who says they should take that child away from it's mom....is she insane, the guy should never see the light of day again....believe me, he'll do it again...being an alcoholic doesn't excuse it either...and being in PC doesn't always work, those prisoners have their ways, i know from experience..social services really needs to watch that so called mom...

• posted at 4:11 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

This sentence was far too good for this butthole. Now we have to feed and protect this sucker.What the **** is the matter with the mother? "too harsh a sentence?" she says, this baby could have been killed. Take this child away from the mother-give this baby a chance at life.

• posted at 3:57 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

he has what is coming to him and I think seven yrs is to soon still to get out. low life of a man.

• posted at 3:34 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

jbhiker, yours is the only sensible comment on this board. ;) What Beebe did **was** heinous; however, the mother has a point in that CPS and politicos **do** inflate these cases for "points" and more funding via our tax dollars - it's a combination of the two.I agree that the guy should have had the book thrown at him; but not for life and he should have received some type of counseling....as jbhiker pointed out, now we taxpayers will be supporting this guy for life.

• posted at 3:30 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

This guys will be put in PC where he will be safe from the general population. We will feed, clothe, educate this man for the rest of his life... The woman will only find another similiar person to have in her life... This is a behavior pattern and with out help it won't change..Sad, the child doesn't have much of a chance..

• posted at 3:04 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

"The case illustrates a not uncommon dilemma: A man abuses a wife or his children, and then gets sent away to prison, unable to be a parent or spouse or breadwinner."I'm sorry I have no sympathy for "Cowards"!The same for "Sex Offenders"! They know EXACTLY what they are doing, and have the opportunity to "Behave" but choose to harm others! Babies and the elderly are helpless! Too bad hen can't "Serve a longer sentence. His wife sounds "Very Typical" and will very likely be waiting for him when he is released!That is sad because mother & Child deserve someone loving.

• posted at 3:04 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

jramagic......Saudi Arabia doesn't much care about women and children. They are property to be dealt with as the man chooses -- or so I am told by people who have lived there.

• posted at 3:01 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

"She believes the entire case has been blown out of proportion...." This leads me to believe the mother is going to find another guy JUST LIKE the one who has been sent away. That poor child....

• posted at 3:00 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

WHy do any of you think Bubba is going to take care of this guy? If it were true, Phillip Garrido would have been iced and Jaycee Dugard would never have been kidnapped. I am afraid you are all wathing too much TV. The prison system can protect these people and unless "they" do something stupid, we will feed them, give them medical and dental care and a house to live in at the end of their sentence.

• posted at 2:55 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

Trailer trash scumbags. Subhuman creep got less than he deserved. Better yet, send him to Saudi arabia and let them decide how he'd be punished. I think it has something to do with tossing rocks. 'Nuff said....

• posted at 2:38 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

akm said: "I can't even believe she said that. I'm appalled!"As am I! Who will this little girl grow up to be, knowing that her mother had reservations about putting her abuser away?Mom's are supposed to be their children's ultimate protectors. She did the right thing that night, taking her daughter to the hospital. I'm dumbfounded that she now regrets it!To Mom: He's not a "father" once he beats his 2 month old daughter, he forfeited his chance at that. He's now just a sperm donor, move on for your daughter's sake!

• posted at 2:31 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

This was an appropriate sentence. This sentence will continue to protect this child from a horribly abusive father. After all she was only TWO months old. At two months old infants can only cry, at two years old toddlers get into much more things and are more vocal, what would he do then, kill her? What kind of animal would do such a thing to an infant? This punishment fits the crime. Maybe Bubba can teach him patience in prison.

• posted at 1:48 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

"She questions whether she would have taken the baby to the hospital if she had known the outcome" This baby needs to be taken from her mother! I can't even believe she said that. I'm appalled!

• posted at 1:42 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

In my travels I have met pro gun socialists, anti abortion environmentalists, conservative Christians who favor drug legalization etc, etc, etc.With the exception of the absurd caricatures that infest our media, no one is so one dimensional that they agree with everything their party of choice advocates.

• posted at 1:39 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

t jefferson wrote on Oct 7, 2009 6:25 AM:" wow L - for once we are in agreement on somethingOne of the tragedies of the current polarization is that it obscures the fact that most Americans probably agree on most issues.There is no money to be made in the media by focusing on the very real common ground we share.

• posted at 1:35 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

t jefferson wrote on Oct 7, 2009 6:25 AM:" wow L - for once we are in agreement on something - is TX rubbing off on you? As far as the sheriff though, make it a group of his peers. I suspect this individual is about to receive some real justice from his true peers. My understanding is that people who beat little girls on their genitals fare rather poorly in prison.

• posted at 1:25 am on Wed, Oct 7, 2009.

wow L - for once we are in agreement on something - is TX rubbing off on you? As far as the sheriff though, make it a group of his peers. The sheriff is an agent of the government and we have isolated ourselves from the justice system too much already, we don't need the Sheriff doling out justice. Heck they don't have to protect people anyway.

• posted at 11:46 pm on Tue, Oct 6, 2009.

Go clarify, I think the Sheriff should take him outside and shoot him after he has been thus sentenced. I don't want to give the impression I am supporting lynching.

• posted at 11:45 pm on Tue, Oct 6, 2009.

What a ridiculous waste of time.The man has been represented by a lawyer, he has had a fair trial and he has been convicted by a jury of his peers.Take him outside, stand him against a wall and shoot him.

City of Lodi Leaf Pickup Schedule