The following is a list of public meetings in the Lodi and Galt areas this week:
Lodi City Council shirtsleeve
- Presentation on building construction/fire code application.
When and where: Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St., Lodi.
Lodi Unified School District board of trustees special meeting/study session
- Appointment of interim chief business officer in closed session.
- Report on 21st century technology in the classroom.
- Report from outgoing Chief Business Officer Doug Barge on 2011-12 and beyond budget planning.
When and where: 5:30 p.m., James Areida Education Support Center, 1305 E. Vine St., Lodi.
San Joaquin County Parks and Recreation Commission
- Tour of county parks throughout the county.
- Lease of property.
- When and where: Meet at Micke Grove Park Memorial Building at 2 p.m. for park tour; return to Micke Grove by 5 or 5:30 p.m. for brief meeting.
Lodi Sister City Committee
Tonight’s meeting is canceled.
San Joaquin County Board of Supervisors
Today’s meeting is canceled.
Lodi Planning Commission
- Request for two variances, one to reduce the required 20-foot front-yard setback to 10 feet and reduce the required five-foot-sideyard setback to about two feet at 535 Harold St., and one to eliminate the required 10-foot rear yard and five-foot sideyard setback at 1556 Iris Drive.
When and where: 7 p.m., Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St., Lodi.
Galt Joint Union Elementary School District board
- Adoption of new residential and commercial facilities fees. Similar action was taken by the Galt high school district earlier this month.
- Receive a report from Superintendent Karen Schauer on the City And Schools Together group.
- Vote on an outside report that analyzed liabilities associated with the district’s current retiree health program.
When and where: 7 p.m., Galt City Council chambers, 380 Civic Drive, Galt.
Lodi Art Advisory Board
- Interactive Johnson sculpture art display.
- Lighting for celebrate the harvest sculpture.
- Galveston Oaks project.
- Art acquisition from painter Joe Lee and Hollywood Cafe sign painting.
When and where: 1 p.m., Hutchins Street Square, Cottage Room, 125 S. Hutchins St., Lodi.
Lodi Site Plan and Architectural Review Committee (SPARC)
- Outdoor storage cargo container for La Capilla Market, 725 S. Cherokee Lane.
- Outdoor storage building at 226 N. Main St.
When and where: 5:15 p.m., Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St., Lodi.
Woodbridge Rural Fire District
When and where: 3 p.m., fire station, 400 E. Augusta St., Woodbridge.
Galt Commission on Aging
When and where: 5:15 p.m., Galt Parks and Recreation Department, 610 Chabolla Ave., Galt.