The following is a list of public meetings in the Lodi and Galt areas this week:
Lodi City Council shirtsleeve session
- Receive a report on climate action plans and the Smart Valley Places Compact.
When and where: 7 a.m., Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St., Lodi.
Galt City Council
- Presentation on Homeless Joint Powers Authorities by Paul Lake of the Sacramento County Department of Human Assistance.
- Online park and recreation program registration.
- Approve bylaws of the newly formed Galt Habitat Foundation and adopt the Galt Swainson’s Hawk Preserve Management Plan.
- Report on city’s strategic plan.
When and where: 7 p.m., City Council chambers, 380 Civic Drive. Galt.
Lodi Unified School District board
- Proposal to expand Katnich Community Day School program.
- Report by the Lodi Sports Foundation about progress on the Don Womble track and field project at Lodi High School.
When and where: 7 p.m., James Areida Education Support Center, 1305 E. Vine St., Lodi.
San Joaquin County Board of Supervisors
- Renew agreement with California Department of Transportation for the inmate work crew.
- Appointment to Community Action Board, representing District 4, Economic Development Association representing District 4, five Local Child Care Planning Council positions and two positions to the Lodi Community Center Advisory Board.
When and where: 9 a.m., board chambers, 44 N. San Joaquin St., sixth floor, Stockton.
Lodi City Council
- Discuss and approve a plan to staff the water treatment plant.
- Hold a public hearing on the 2010-2016 housing element, which is a mandated element of the General Plan.
- Approve a request for proposals and authorize advertisement for contract services for the development and implementation of a Climate Action Plan.
When and where: 7 p.m., Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St., Lodi.
San Joaquin County Mental Health Board
- Lodi outpatient services clinic report.
- Budget update, including substance abuse services.
When and where: 6 p.m., Lodi Public Library community room, 201 W. Locust St., Lodi.
San Joaquin County Advisory Water Commission
- Discussion on preliminary federal permit application for Pacific Gas & Electric’s Mokelumne pumped storage project.
- Possible letter to the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation requesting that funding for the MORE water project on the Mokelumne River be included it its annual budgeting process.
- Update on national flood insurance program and flood-control activities.
- Update on Delta coalition involving San Joaquin, Sacramento, Yolo, Solano and Contra Costa counties on Delta water issues.
When and where: 1 p.m., Public Health conference room, 1601 E. Hazelton Ave., Stockton.
Galt Beautification Committee
- Address by Police Chief William Bowen.
- Home of the month.
- Rose garden location and maintenance.
- Galt Community of Character nomination.
When and where: 3:30 p.m., City Council community room, 380 Civic Drive, Galt.
San Joaquin County Local Agency Formation Commission
- Final municipal service review on rural fire protection districts throughout the county.
When and where: 10 a.m., Board of Supervisors chambers, 44 N. San Joaquin St., sixth floor, Stockton.