3 die in accident

Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 10:00 pm

Three people died Wednesday evening when two cars collided and one burst into flames, starting a large grass fire.

There were no survivors in the 6 p.m. crash that closed Atkins Road just south of Stampede Road, according to the California Highway Patrol.

• posted at 10:26 am on Wed, Aug 8, 2007.

MISSING YOU EVERYDAY JD. WE SHALL REMEMBER YOUR LIFE TOMORROW. MAY YOU FOREVER BE WATCHING OVER US AND REST IN PEACE. YOU TOO BAKER...ACCIDENT, MISTAKE OR WHATEVER. YOU MAY HAVE ROYALLY SCREWED UP BUT YOU ARE MISSED. LOVE YOU GUYS!

• posted at 8:00 am on Wed, Aug 8, 2007.

Lodi Girl: continued... I have no problem whatsoever with people grieving, missing their loved one and remembering the good things about them. That is their business and it's a private hell they are dealing with in their own way. The problem I have is the posts where people just want all the bad in this story to go away and don't want anyone to speak of it. Now, that's a problem. This was a horrific crime and we need to speak of it, LOUDLY!

• posted at 7:58 am on Wed, Aug 8, 2007.

Lodi Girl: I did post on that blog. The difference there, as of yet, is that no one has been on that board belittling the crash as a mistake, an accident and belittling the real victim(s) when it was a clear choice for that guy in Thornton to drink (AT 2:00 IN THE AFTERNOON) and then drive! continued...

• posted at 7:49 am on Wed, Aug 8, 2007.

WY: I didn't say anything about YOU being adamant. I said "some here" are still adamant that this was a mistake. Anyway, I fear that most of this is falling on deaf ears with some of the posters here regarding drunk/reckless driving. I hope none of you here find yourself or a loved one on a slab somewhere one day due to someone's drunk/reckless behavior and their choice to drive. The problem is that this WILL happen again and again and again as some people just don't "get it". Drive safely.... and for God sake don't drink and drive!

• posted at 8:59 pm on Tue, Aug 7, 2007.

Couldn't sleep. Went to look for music and found a mix titled Z Songs About Baker. It is soooooooo Brndon! Check it out. Has a really cool obit too

• posted at 2:36 pm on Tue, Aug 7, 2007.

JD's mom... I'm so sorry for your loss.

• posted at 2:22 pm on Tue, Aug 7, 2007.

Lodian... did I say anything about being adament? I haven't said much on this blog. I think the whole thing is horrible. Everyone lost. I do understand your point.

• posted at 2:09 pm on Tue, Aug 7, 2007.

TO... I really don't care what you think. My post wasn't to you TO. You think it's weird because you don't understand it. It wasn't meant for you. Not all things are meant for you. Though you think otherwise. Make a few skydives and then you might understand my silly lil post. I can be weird. I'll give you that...My comment was to a quiet reader, not a blabbing blogger.

• posted at 1:19 pm on Tue, Aug 7, 2007.

to JD's MOM: I am so sorry for your loss. I cannot even imagine the pain of losing a child. You are in my prayers.

• posted at 7:58 am on Tue, Aug 7, 2007.

AS FOR BOTH THE FAMILIES OF BRANDON AND CHRYSTAL, IF THEY ARE FEELING EVEN HALF OF THE PAIN I AM FEELING IN MY HEART I KNOW WHAT THEY ARE GOING THROUGH. I WISH MY DEEPEST CONDULANCES. I KNOW WE ALL WISH THAT THEY WERE BACK HERE ON EARTH WITH US BUT PLEASE LET THEM REST IN PEACE. JUST REMEMBER THIS EVERYONE, THOSE TWO MEN MADE THE BIGGEST MISTAKE POSSIBLE AND PAID THE HIGHEST PRICE FOR MAKING THAT CHOICE.WHAT MORE CAN BE SAID. REST IN PEACE AND I LOVE YOU JD, ALWAYS! LOVE MOM.

• posted at 7:57 am on Tue, Aug 7, 2007.

HI. MY NAME IS CARRIE AND I AM JD'S MOM. TO LET YOU KNOW A LITTLE ABOUT MY SON HE WAS A KIND PERSON. IN FACT HE WAS THE TYPE THAT WOULD GIVE YOU THE SHIRT OFF HIS BACK. AS A CHILD HE LOVED TO HUG EVERYONE AND NEVER SEEMED TO STOP, EVEN NOW. AS HIS MOM I KNOW THAT HE GOT INTO THE CAR WITH BRANDON ON HIS OWN ACCORD, NO ONE HAD TO PUT A GUN TO HIS HEAD TO MAKE HIM DO IT. JD KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING.

• posted at 7:51 am on Tue, Aug 7, 2007.

I can't handle any of your silly little posts about this. You are so far out there. just plain weird.

• posted at 7:23 am on Tue, Aug 7, 2007.

To Lodian: There was another drinking and drinking story today, so were are all of your critical comments on that? Or maybe your sick twisted mind is stuck on this story. Get a life.

• posted at 6:59 am on Tue, Aug 7, 2007.

You said "Baker Backers" .....which refers to those associated with him, which would mean his family and friends?? That is the way it was taken, if I misunderstood, I apologize. His family and friends already have to deal with the death any how it happened. Let it rest, we know the lesson learned, but we still love him and miss him.

• posted at 6:26 am on Tue, Aug 7, 2007.

yeah,,life is short,,and it becomes shorter when irresponsible people drink and drive.

• posted at 6:03 am on Tue, Aug 7, 2007.

tigger:...I disagree. You say..."no one can heal looking at the negative and pointing the fingers on who is to blame." I think Crystal's family especially would be helped in their heeling if their loved one's life wasn't taken in vain. Just like Megan's law,and the like,people just don't move-on/forget when an injustice has stricken their family.You want all this to go-away and I feel that's the last thing that should happen.We,as a society,cannot just ignore/allow these kinds of choices by irresponsible people.Too many people are still being killed and you just want the discussion to stop?

• posted at 5:51 am on Tue, Aug 7, 2007.

Not Tasteless: I never said Baker's family was tasteless, ever!

• posted at 5:47 am on Tue, Aug 7, 2007.

WY:...Some are adamant that this is an accident, a mistake. I think drunk/reckless driving is a choice. It saddens me...(angers me!)...that, even with all the awareness campaigns, there're still people that don't "get-it" and think it's okay to drink/drive and/or be reckless on the road. They think if people get killed as a result it's just an accident??? I adamantly disagree! The ignorant seem to be destined to repeat this horror on the road as long as they think it's just an accident...a mistake. That is twisted thinking. I don't want to be a victim of these twisted logic. You?

• posted at 5:35 am on Tue, Aug 7, 2007.

Lodi Girl: Drinking and driving-drunk/reckless is not a mistake. It's a choice. So, your position is that, unless I was in this accident or a family member of Bakers I shouldn't pay attention to this very serious issue of drunk/reckless driving? Well, FYI, any one of you here could have been the victim that night. I drive that area all the time with my children and elderly parents in the car. Unfortunately for Crystal she was the one in Baker's way that night. Stop being ignorant. Drunk/reckless-driving affects all of us and we shouldn't shut up about it, ever!

• posted at 5:27 am on Tue, Aug 7, 2007.

feels like yesterday: There was a third person that was killed that night.

• posted at 5:19 am on Tue, Aug 7, 2007.

One other thing, Brandon was a good guy as I know him. No one can judge other people for reflecting on Brandon and their experiences with him. I didn't know the other two people involved but I bet they were good people. All that we need to do is quit pointing fingers and remember these three people and their lifes and not there deaths. no one can heal looking at the negative and pointing the fingers on who is to blame. LIFE IS TOO SHORT!!!!!!!!

• posted at 5:15 am on Tue, Aug 7, 2007.

Thank you Sam... Everyone needs to understand that it was an accident that could have been pervented but it wasn't. Just because people are not preaching don't drink and drive in here i think that its obvious that we dont drink and drive. But no matter whats happens in life these accidents keep happening. The only thing now to do is make a personal lesson out of this. Its not fair that three people died, its not fair that anyone dies but it is life and we must go on

• posted at 4:38 am on Tue, Aug 7, 2007.

Bakers friends and family are not tasteless, Lodian, they are simply sick of your comments that they choose to say things that make no sense. Brandons friends and family are at a loss of words for what happened and are sad at the whole situation and what happened to the other two victims involved. So, please understand that when you say Baker Backers you refer to all, when it is a couple. Please be carefuly with your words, they have already dug enough.

• posted at 4:22 am on Tue, Aug 7, 2007.

the pain still here and two great people gone. i love you Baker and JD. i still start to cry when i talk about you guys and the good times we have had.i will never forget you both. i miss you guys soooo bad. i love you JD and Baker

• posted at 4:08 am on Tue, Aug 7, 2007.

Aron, I am so sorry. I hope you are getting along alright. My heart goes out to you and Crystal's family. Please keep your chin up so the Son can shine on you. When it rains think of your lady riding a rain drop with a big smile on her face, and a woohoo! She's at peace punching clouds and flying with Angels. I'm near your friend KG under the Magnolia tree. God Bless!

• posted at 3:45 am on Tue, Aug 7, 2007.

Lodian... are you sure they don't get it? It's pretty painful hard not to think about.

• posted at 11:26 am on Mon, Aug 6, 2007.

To Lodian Cont: Terrible mistakes are made everyday...GET OVER IT AND LEARN FROM IT. No use in going on and on about it. It happened, sad but true BUT THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE CAN DO TO BRING THESE PEOPLE BACK SO STOP BEING SO QUICK TO JUDGE OTHERS. LETS SEE WHAT THINGS YOU HAVE DONE IN YOUR PAST FIRST before you continue to judge others. Pathetic, simply pathetic.

• posted at 11:25 am on Mon, Aug 6, 2007.

To Lodian: Get a life. Do you honestly have nothing better to do then dwell on an issue that has no connection to you? Just goes to prove how pathetic and meaningless some peoples lives are. They have nothing better to do than bad mouth a dead person. The world we live in suprises me.

• posted at 11:24 am on Mon, Aug 6, 2007.

WOW!

• posted at 7:40 am on Mon, Aug 6, 2007.

msefb: That was a very weird and tasteless post.

• posted at 7:33 am on Mon, Aug 6, 2007.

The Baker backers show what kind of folks they really are. Sad.

• posted at 5:51 pm on Sun, Aug 5, 2007.

You go Cousin Ho! Took us a while but we finally figured it out--Lodian is one of Baker's ex-girlfriends! No wonder her panties are in such a bunch! A shame Baker's not here to see this--he would luv it!

• posted at 2:58 pm on Sun, Aug 5, 2007.

Joseph Maltman P.S. What three people are you talking about?

• posted at 2:56 pm on Sun, Aug 5, 2007.

Well, WY, I guess the lesson here has not been learned. How very very sad. It makes me angry that these people do not "get it" yet, even after these deaths. What more can be done so people like this will listen when even the death of a loved one doesn't change their minds?

• posted at 2:52 pm on Sun, Aug 5, 2007.

Joseph Maltman: I don't see why you feel the need to call me a "freak" when I'm advocating for NO tolerance when it comes to drunk/reckless driving.

• posted at 2:12 pm on Sun, Aug 5, 2007.

My family and I drive on Atkins road every day. It was very touching and sad to see the memorials placed there....that is until the beer cans and bottles started being placed there.

• posted at 10:43 am on Sun, Aug 5, 2007.

WY: Well said. Maybe the hurt is too raw right now for these folks. Maybe down the road these family members and friends of Baker will see the light and pass on their stories which will include a don't drink and drive message so other families can be spared this excruciating grief. Maybe if they see these signs in others they will try to act on their behalf. Lives can be saved, try to stop your family/friends from driving drunk. There is absolutely no excuse for driving drunk and reckless.

• posted at 7:41 am on Sun, Aug 5, 2007.

Lodian, get a life and leave these 3 people alone...freak. You are not going to save the world or bring anyone back, so just turn off your computer and get back to work.

• posted at 7:05 am on Sun, Aug 5, 2007.

Perhaps if people would discuss this issue openly and honestly (as hard as that may be for some of you pansies) people would get a more clear picture of how important this is and change their behavior. Awareness and consequences are our only hope for safer roads. Enabling and coddling is only going to prepetuaue the problem and it could be your family memeber who ends up dead.

• posted at 7:02 am on Sun, Aug 5, 2007.

Sweeping it up under the carpet and pretending it didn't happen to spare the feelings of the people who may have been able to prevent it isn't going to prevent future drunk driving deaths from occuring either. This is all about awareness and I'm personally glad to see someone has the balls to confront this issue head on and get your attention. Too many times these things are just pushed to the side and not dealbt with.

• posted at 3:12 pm on Sat, Aug 4, 2007.

Lodian, Maybe the lession is over. An it's time to walk away and ponder the moral of the story, each coming to their own thought. Maybe silence is best for times like these. Lets let these souls RIP. The debate won't change anything, they're gone. Blue skies Crystal.

• posted at 2:02 pm on Sat, Aug 4, 2007.

baker was a drunk, who didn't learn from his numerous problems with the law...i knew and worked with him and he bragged about his actions....loser

• posted at 9:09 am on Sat, Aug 4, 2007.

To crystal scotts family; im so sorry for your loss,,, joe palmer.

• posted at 8:02 am on Sat, Aug 4, 2007.

continued... Some family members that have had this happen to their loved ones will go on to speak out to others about the dangers and horrific things can happen if one drinks and drives, but I doubt these folks will be so inclined. They still think this was an "accident". Very sad.

• posted at 8:01 am on Sat, Aug 4, 2007.

sam: The point is that these people will not learn from this "mistake" (I hate using that word) until they accept what he has done as a choice and not just a freak accident, mistake, or one time mishap. They are not acknowledging that Baker was at fault due to reckless/drunk driving...and it seems they are standing firm on that and will never concede. continued...

• posted at 6:45 am on Sat, Aug 4, 2007.

sam: I disagree only in part. I'd say they need to learn from Baker's many deadly choices, not his mistakes. This was NOT a mistake. It was a pattern. My issue is not with the family/Bakers that lost a loved-one, but with the friends/family that want to just blow off this horrific manslaughter of innocent people due to an accident/mistake! Yes,Baker is gone,but so are others with hurting family members that want their deceased love one's death NOT to be minimized by saying it was a mistake or that the innocent victims had it coming to them. That disgusts me.

• posted at 3:33 am on Sat, Aug 4, 2007.

Lodian I have lost 2 dear friends this year alone to drunk drivers. I hate drunk drivers. I said "learn from his mistake." I see no good coming from you ranting at the grieving family members. If he lived, he would be prosecuted. He is dead. What more accountability do you want? His family had no control over his addictions. He was an adult.

• posted at 12:11 am on Sat, Aug 4, 2007.

I really believe that lessons were learned from what happenend, just reading the story might save someone from driving under the influence or stopping someone who was going to. That in itself is a good thing to glean from this tragedy. Now let's move on and not shame any more family members or friends with harsh words or actions. Enough is enough. R.I.P.

• posted at 6:29 pm on Fri, Aug 3, 2007.

continued... sam: No, everyone does NOT make this kind of "mistake" (your word, not mine). Most of us go through life without killing anyone, or even coming close. Has your life been touched by a drunk/reckless driver, sam? It's not an accident. It's a choice. If Baker was a teenager you'd be all over this about accountability, right? So, why soften your convictions when it comes to his 29 year old man?

• posted at 6:27 pm on Fri, Aug 3, 2007.

sam: You are so big on accountability, but not when it comes to people like Baker???... someone that has killed due to his blatant disregard for the lives of others? Why? Mourning a man and agreeing/disagreeing with what he has done are two different things. Like I said, yes, family/friends mourn the man, but stop minimizing the seriously deadly choices he made to put others at extreme risk and that eventually killed people that night. continued...

• posted at 11:59 am on Fri, Aug 3, 2007.

Tigger, I agree with you 100%. Life is hard and we all struggle to live a good life. We make choices daily, some good and some bad. Remember Brandon for who he was to you. Learn from his mistake, but cherish the goodness that was in him.

• posted at 10:57 am on Fri, Aug 3, 2007.

concerned: Saying this was an accident is minimizing it. No matter how many times you say this was an "accident" does not change the fact that this was a choice. Don't you see that?

• posted at 6:27 am on Fri, Aug 3, 2007.

Lodian you have it wrong No one is treating Brandon like a hero. I have known him for 18 years and he is a good man that didn't always make the best choices. People are not perfect and they have flaws. The most perfect person in the world could make the same mistake Brandon did.

• posted at 4:58 am on Fri, Aug 3, 2007.

No matter who "caused" this accident, it can't be changed. The families left behind are hurting enough. When you point a finger at someone, you have 4 fingers pointing at yourself ! Can't this be used as a example to us that drinking and driving don't mix ! "Real friends don't let friends drink and drive" Stand up for your friends while you are able to help them, don't wait to stand up for them after they are gone. Comments you make here can't change the lives of Crystal, JD, Brandon but CAN cause more pain for their families.

• posted at 2:00 pm on Thu, Aug 2, 2007.

I am truly concerned about all the comments being made about this accident. This was a tragic accident and I know all families envolved are in deep pain. Accually I feel more sorry for the women involved as she was the most innosent of all. I don't think anyone should be pointing fingers.Please let them rest in peace.

• posted at 10:20 am on Thu, Aug 2, 2007.

tigger: No, it's not pointless to talk about this. Maybe if you people would stop honoring Baker as if he was a hero of some kind maybe some good could come out of this horrific act of disregard for others' lives. You want this to go away, but I feel it should be even more out in the open and spoken about than it is right now. This is huge! This should be an example to every other person that thinks that it is no big deal to behave like Baker.

• posted at 9:00 am on Thu, Aug 2, 2007.

everyone needs to quit with the pointing of fingers and such. yes three people died, yes it could have been avoid, yes brandon was at fault, yes two other people where at the wrong place at the wrong time. but there is nothing that anyone can do. whats done is done and now three families are having to deal with there losses. so quit the finger pointing and blame. its pointless now

• posted at 7:59 am on Thu, Aug 2, 2007.

RIP: I...as well as many here...can securely look into the mirror everyday with confidence that we don't drink/drive, let alone drive recklessly to the point of having a police record/manslaughter. And you're dead wrong...we have every right to judge this behavior. God helps those that help themselves and we're to do the right thing in protecting the innocent from people like Baker. Go ahead and keep looking the other way. Hopefully the reckless/drunks will not find you on the road someday. What will you say if they hit you?...Your tune would change in a heartbeat. Being ignorant is no excuse.

• posted at 5:59 am on Thu, Aug 2, 2007.

TO RIP: I could not have said it better. I am not saying that brandon was not at fault, no one knows until the reports come out. People can sit there and make statements to me and my family but it does not change the fact that three individuals lost their lives that day. I mourn for all three individuals, not just Brandon. To Lodian, I have more sense than you. I do not make statements such as "that I need to be shaken" GROW UP.

• posted at 6:00 pm on Wed, Aug 1, 2007.

WardFamily: If you think I'm too hard on you, so what? I am! People like you deserve this kind of criticism. You need to be shaken until you get some sense into you. Drinking and driving is a choice and can kill people. You need to get those blinders off and see the light here, Ward. Yes, mourn the loss of what could have been regarding Baker. It seems to me that there're many people here that could've/should've stepped in to do something about this man. You all defend him, but did nothing to prevent this.

• posted at 5:55 pm on Wed, Aug 1, 2007.

Ward Family: You've let us all know all too well what kind of person you are. We know that you stand behind someone who is reckless and killed an innocent woman. You defend drinking as if it is just a mistake sometimes when one drinks and drives. You had better find the time to address people like me because I'll bet the farm that you will be facing these same issues again someday if you don't change your attitude about drunk and reckless driving. If your son was killed would you be spewing this same crap? I doubt it.

• posted at 4:11 pm on Wed, Aug 1, 2007.

Unless you are Mother Teresa, I think we all just need to sit back, quit "throwing stones", and realize that this is a tragedy. No matter what the accusations are against any of these three people, we need to pray for all of them, their families, and their loved ones. None of you are God or higher power, so please leave the judging and accusations up to God and the higher power. Families,loved ones, are grieving for all three of them. It's easy to judge people rather than looking in the mirror and juding yourself. RIP Brandon, JD, and Crystal

• posted at 10:55 am on Wed, Aug 1, 2007.

To Lodian: I have never attended AA, do not have a criminal record and do not have the time to respond to your stupid comments, I have an actual job. You have no idea what kind of person I am or what I stand for. I guess we we all have to wait and see what the CHP report says.

• posted at 7:54 am on Wed, Aug 1, 2007.

to Ward Family: Could it be that the Baker friends and family still do not respect what alcohol does to people? Did they supply cabs for all in attendance?

• posted at 7:52 am on Wed, Aug 1, 2007.

n/a" The point is that it doesn't matter how in control you think you may be, when you choose to drink and/or drive recklessly, you are putting others in danger for their lives. AND THAT'S NOT OKAY! Geez, you people just don't get this. And, no, this is not over. Maybe it will be over when nobody dies from drunk and reckless driver. When will that happen?

• posted at 7:49 am on Wed, Aug 1, 2007.

n/a: Earnhardt knew how to handle his car too. At least he didn't drive reckless and kill innocent people.

• posted at 7:12 am on Wed, Aug 1, 2007.

WOW!An excellent driver who knew his vehicle!!??? And how to control it!!?? Thats just stupid!! And typical !

• posted at 5:37 am on Wed, Aug 1, 2007.

What is the information on JD in all of the writing's no one has said a word about him.When is his services? what was he like?
    No matter what we all feel about driving intoxicated at any level 3 young people have lost there live's and that is a tradegy.
    I hope all the family's involved find the peace they need and deserve.
    and remember Friends don't let friends drive drunk...

• posted at 5:01 pm on Tue, Jul 31, 2007.

To "TO RESIDENT": Well said.

• posted at 1:13 pm on Tue, Jul 31, 2007.

No one knows what happened that night, for sure. Brandon was speeding yes, but Brandon was an excellent driver, he knew his vechicle and how to control it. It was an accident thus the term. Further more bashing and cursing him does't bring back any of them. We must as a community supporrt all three sets of families and friends in celebrating the gifts these people brought the people who knew them in life! Not berate their last moments on Earth. Thats what Baker's funeral was about for those of you ignorants who called it a drunkin' bash!

• posted at 12:31 pm on Tue, Jul 31, 2007.

Ward family: Yes, you certainly do have the right to say whatever you wish, no matter how twisted and ignorant it may be. What do they say in your AA meetings about this behavior, accepting drunk driving and manslaughter as if it's just a little mishap in one's day? Hmmm? You are an enabler.

• posted at 12:27 pm on Tue, Jul 31, 2007.

Then why was there alcohol aplenty at the "wake"?

• posted at 12:26 pm on Tue, Jul 31, 2007.

Ward Family: You are the one making excuses for people that drink, drive and murder innocent people on the road. Don't try and turn this around and make it about me. I don't drink and drive, nor do I have a police record. You have a problem. Ask your son's AA counselor about it. Stop excusing this deplorable behavior by a reckless drunk. It kills people. Can't you see the light? It's too bad you haven't learned anything from your son's drinking and he probably drove drunk too. WAKE UP!

• posted at 5:18 am on Tue, Jul 31, 2007.

To Lodian: No I do not drink. My husband has a occassional beer but we do not hang out at bars or condon drinking. I almost lost my son to drinking but thank God that he saw the light and quit drinking. OH AND BY THE WAY I DO NOT NEED TO ATTEND AA But I am sure a lot of your children drink and you don;t even know it.

• posted at 5:08 am on Tue, Jul 31, 2007.

TO: To Ward Family wrote 7/30/07 12:40 P.M.Don't tell me my family is minimizing the death of this girl in the Volvo and we are not saying that everyone drinks and drives, because I don't even drink. I have nearly lost my son to alcohol and another time to 2 kids that stabbed my son numerous times, so don's say HOW DARE YOU. I have the freedon to say what I want. I do pray for all the victims in this terrifible accident.

• posted at 4:53 am on Tue, Jul 31, 2007.

To all the people that think my familyis terrible because we are stating facts about Brandon that are true. In no am I condoning Brandon drinking, but has anyone seen a toxicology report. NO. I have a great family 2 sons that were Marines that faught for all of YOUR freedoms. I pray for the victim in the Volvo and her family every night.

• posted at 3:03 am on Tue, Jul 31, 2007.

NOT!

• posted at 2:57 pm on Mon, Jul 30, 2007.

Heres what I know about JD. He was drinking with Brandon, knew what Brandons condition was, knew what Brandons past criminal record was and still chose to get in a car he was driving that night. Heres what I know about Crystal. She was driving, wearing a seatbelt, hit by a drunk and now she is dead.

• posted at 2:41 pm on Mon, Jul 30, 2007.

Nice post,,wow!Maybe YOU drink and drive,,your post says it all,,,maybe you can give "hero" a ride !

• posted at 11:18 am on Mon, Jul 30, 2007.

I have drove after drinking, but never after drinking enough to feel drunk. I would never drive completly drunk. Yes, I know driving with any alcohol in my body is terrible enough. Perhaps thats what Ward Family meant? If she meant DRUNK DRUNK, then no, never! Look what happens..

• posted at 11:16 am on Mon, Jul 30, 2007.

I feel very sorry for the family of all 3 victims. The poor fiance's picture is just heartbreaking. Imagine losing the love of your life..its terrible. I cant imagine how she is feeling right now. The parents are of course worse then anyone. My prayers are with everyone.

• posted at 9:46 am on Mon, Jul 30, 2007.

If you are supposed to be the pr person
    for the Ward family you are failing miserably. Every stupid comment one of Brandons friends or family makes just discredits you all. Have some class. Brandon killed an innocent woman. You all should be offering Crystal Scotts fmaily and friends your condolances, not a bunch of excuses.

• posted at 7:41 am on Mon, Jul 30, 2007.

and by the way, I do not drink, drive and speed putting innocent people in danger of their lives. if you think this is everyday normal behavior i SUGGEST YOU GO TO AN AA MEETING YOURSELF.

• posted at 7:40 am on Mon, Jul 30, 2007.

Ward Family: No, we don't all drink and then drive! What kind of people do you hang around with? It is not a normal thing to drink and drive recklessly at high speeds. Baker knew what he was doing. He had other things like this on his record. I guessing this crash was probably not a surprise to anyone that knew him. It's so sad that no one, his family or friends, was able to make him see the light and wake up to his reckless ways. Now, it's too late.

• posted at 7:40 am on Mon, Jul 30, 2007.

How dare you get on this forum and minimize this womans death making the comment "we have all drove over the speed limit." How dare you! Brandon was drunk and now someone is dead. DONT MINIMIZE HER DEATH! IF IT WERE BRABDON THAT WAS DEAD YOU WOULDNT BE MINIMIZING THE SITAUTION AT ALL!

• posted at 6:59 am on Mon, Jul 30, 2007.

These people are gone. No one needs to judge them or say harsh words against them. I knew one of the involved and no matter what kind of person he or she was, it did happen, they are gone, and it is over all we need to do is remember them how we want. Let that be the end of it. So for anyone to talk badly about these three people, need to have some respect. All of them were someones child, and loved one. So please get over yourselves!

• posted at 6:57 am on Mon, Jul 30, 2007.

No, we haven't "all drank than drove". If you think drunk and reckless driving are just some of those things that we all do sometimes, please stay off the road.

I can't believe all the people who want to excuse and minimize Brandon's behavior!

• posted at 6:35 am on Mon, Jul 30, 2007.

i think you meant "fooled" not fulled.

• posted at 6:29 am on Mon, Jul 30, 2007.

I feel like I dont know anything about JD and Crystal..

• posted at 5:13 am on Mon, Jul 30, 2007.

i really dont understand on how all u people can be like o brandon this and brandon that he was on the right track 'but real clear he wasnt had all u fulled an took 2 other lives with him i really think u people should open your eyes and see what kind of person he was he never changed u all just wanted it to seem like he had well look what happend now i lost krystal.R.I.P.KRYSTAL SCOTT ALL SEE U SOON.LUV SS

• posted at 5:02 am on Mon, Jul 30, 2007.

We are all getting the information from Lodi News Sentinel nit CHP. Wait til the toxicology report comes out. I am not saying by any means that Brandon went by all the rules of the road, but how many of us do. I do know that Brandon would not have wanted an innocent women to die in her own burning car.....

• posted at 5:02 am on Mon, Jul 30, 2007.

Maybe dont' throw rocks at brick house the proper words but we have all drank and than drove, but luckily this has not happened to anyone. My deepest sympathy goes out to the woman in the Volvo and just remember she will be looking down at all of us. In no was am I saying Brandon was in the right but we have all made stupid mistakes but luckily we did not have to pay with our lives. Brandon would have never wanted to hurt an innocent person, no less a woman

• posted at 12:49 pm on Sun, Jul 29, 2007.

tolodian: Oh, psychic one... please tell me more about what I think. You haven't a clue.

• posted at 6:40 am on Sun, Jul 29, 2007.

best you quit bragging to your friends about the mean spirit pseudo praise post you put here. Your identity ends up being exposed.

• posted at 5:43 am on Sun, Jul 29, 2007.

since when are you into anyone taking responsibility for their actions? and when do you think someone should start that? as a child, before its too late? you tell me. Its interesting that you never seem to think this starts when someone is a small child. Its after they turn 18, right? until then they are a child and should be able to do whatever they want whenever and with no consequences, right? as usual you're talking out of your neck, Again!

• posted at 7:08 pm on Sat, Jul 28, 2007.

My heartfelt condolences on your terrible loss. I would love to have someone write something about your brother and who he was. I think if you or someone can find the strength during this time of grieving, I think it would be wonderful to tell us about your brother. God bless you and your family during this difficult time.

• posted at 6:07 pm on Sat, Jul 28, 2007.

tolodian: I disagree. And I have done the research, as well as personal experience with others. It is always a choice. It's even worse when the substance abuser gets in a car and speeds down the road killing innocent people. Very sad, and completely avoidable if the substance abuser would take responsibility for himself. Besides, do we know if Brandon was an alcoholic or did he just choose to drink and drive that night?

• posted at 6:02 pm on Sat, Jul 28, 2007.

michelle: I'm sorry for your loss. I think people here haven't been using JD's name because it wasn't released to the public yet. There was no disrespect intended, just a lack of information (his name). We only know Krystal's name because there is now a roadside memorial for her at the scene of the accident.

• posted at 5:56 pm on Sat, Jul 28, 2007.

Psychology 101: Well said.

• posted at 5:55 pm on Sat, Jul 28, 2007.

Why?: Are you saying Baker was an alcoholic?

• posted at 2:31 pm on Sat, Jul 28, 2007.

I to am lost, empty and Angry. I too have lost great friends that I will never see again. IT IS SAD AND I ALSO THAT ALL OF THIS WAS AN EYE OPENER TO THE PEOPLE THAT LEAVE THE BAR OR A PARTY AFTER A NIGHT OF DRINKING AND DANCING!! RIP TO ALL INVOLVED!

• posted at 2:31 pm on Sat, Jul 28, 2007.

No matter want we all need to remember there are 3 GREAT families that are Hurting and heart broken...All 3 of these people where and will always be remembered as great people. We all have things in our past. I myself have over come a lot and I will have you know that Baker was 100% behind me. "Those who matter are not going to Judge, and those that Judge don't matter!". Keep in mind there are 3 families that are lost and hurting right now. Along with many friends.

• posted at 9:05 am on Sat, Jul 28, 2007.

the passenger in the el camino is my brother! he has a name and it is jd. he is a wonderful guy that would give you the shirt off his back in freezing weather. anyone messed with anyone he even slightly cared for he was there to help them out. dont even forget how his mother must be feeling right now. this put his father in the hospital! so show some respect to all not just one involved in the accident.

• posted at 8:29 am on Sat, Jul 28, 2007.

The other parties weren't at fault, that's why. What I want to know it why you want to blame the victim?

• posted at 6:55 am on Sat, Jul 28, 2007.

Your assignment today is to read Galt 7/27 9:05 and ask why you can't be as eloquent in stating your feelings. Galt handled all the same emotions as the rest of us then expressed an opinion with great aplomb, and just plain class. What is wrong with Lodi folk?

• posted at 6:13 am on Sat, Jul 28, 2007.

where were all brandons friends and family when he needed help so this drunk driving crash could have been avoided? were you all in the barstool next to him?????

• posted at 5:13 am on Sat, Jul 28, 2007.

krystal was a wonderful person. sorry, my heart does not go out to brandon. he was wasted and speeding and killed a friend of MINE. my friend. i will never see her again because of a drunk guy speeding,no, flying down the road. my heart does go out to ALL family members who have lost someone they loved. i'll never forget you, krystal

• posted at 3:36 am on Sat, Jul 28, 2007.

Alcoholism is a choice, not a disease. We make the choice to take the drink and the enablers tell us we have a bad habit or a disease. That's nuts -- and that's enabling us to continue with no consequences. AA MEMBER

• posted at 3:31 am on Sat, Jul 28, 2007.

Substance abuse is ALWAYS a choice! You make a choice whether or not to ingest a substance when you put it into your body. To say otherwise is simply enabling. Psychology 101, counselor.

• posted at 9:35 pm on Fri, Jul 27, 2007.

Do some research substance abuse is not always a choice,it comes to a point that it is an illness. I am a substance abuse counselor. It may have started with a choice in his younger years,but he needed some help as well. Yes, I do feel bad for everyone invloved,but bashing him now that he is gone does no good.

• posted at 7:31 pm on Fri, Jul 27, 2007.

Also, you mention no one is talking about the other victims...it would be nice if the paper would mention them instead of finding everything they can to tear Brandon down. Lets hear about their history and see if we all dont have skeletons in the closet! The Volvo victims family was notified late Wednesday night. The paper knew and is capitilizing on all you people and your addiction to drama.

• posted at 7:30 pm on Fri, Jul 27, 2007.

I really dont understand all of this at all. You people leave your comments about how awful Brandon is and point out all his mistakes, but before you start calling him a drunk, make sure you have your facts. What for hard evidence and a toxicology report on ALL 3 victims. Then you can go around and tell everyone you are right, gloating on a tragic accident. Not everyone is perfect in this world. FYI: Alcoholism is a disease, look it up.

• posted at 6:34 pm on Fri, Jul 27, 2007.

Just think it could have been your daughter in that passenger seat. Count your lucky stars that your not the parents of the young lady who will NEVER be coming home. He gambled with lives and innocent people lost. I say your daughter is better off.

• posted at 4:34 pm on Fri, Jul 27, 2007.

Nothing anyone says can change anything, it won't bring back the guilty or the innocent. The tragedy is that 3 families are in pain and One Family does not know how they are going to bury their daughter. Instead of wasting time debating the past, time would be better spent placing a few dollars in an envelope and seeing that Crystal's Mother can put what is left of her daughter to rest.

• posted at 4:24 pm on Fri, Jul 27, 2007.

Brandon is not a victim. He murdered 2 innocent people. Why praise him? He and the other 2 people could be having dinner tonight with their families if he made the decision NOT TO BREAK THE LAW.

• posted at 3:46 pm on Fri, Jul 27, 2007.

But we all make mistakes, don't crucify someone who is no longer here to tell their side of the story, please do not crucify anyone in this incident. It was just their time now let them be and let them rest. Please...letting the healing begin for all three families and friends. They were, are and always will be in our hearts and forever loved.

• posted at 3:46 pm on Fri, Jul 27, 2007.

Clearly God wanted these people home with him for a reason. Granted the circumstances are horrific but we all have a loss involved here. It doesn't matter who did what, the fact is three wonderful people tragically lost their lives and we all should mourn all of the losses. I am a friend of Brandon and his fiance's, and Brandon was very loved and very kind hearted.

• posted at 3:44 pm on Fri, Jul 27, 2007.

I am sorry for everyone's loss here. People seem to like turning an all around tragedy into some kind of a circus....which is a pity because it won't bring any of them back! I feel sorry for that young lady and her baby, you are all right it is a horrible thing. Remember this....when it is your time, it doesn't matter where you are or what you are doing.

• posted at 3:40 pm on Fri, Jul 27, 2007.

ashamed:Victim of an illness???...I can't believe you just said that. My God, wake up!Substance abuse is a CHOICE! Driving under the influence is a CHOICE! Geez...get real and wake the hell up. I hope you don't drive under the influence too. Is speeding okay with you too?Guess you have an excuse for that too.Baker killed two people.You can't explain that away with this garbage.This comment is not meant for Baker's family as I know they're hurting....but it is for the ignorant people like "ashamed" that blow these horrible incidents off due to the guilty "having-an-illness". Give me a break.

• posted at 1:15 pm on Fri, Jul 27, 2007.

God Bless your daughter she is in my prayers as well as the rest of the family and I do hope we all can move on a help everyone invloved heal.Not point fingers. They are all gone,all we do is help the hurt heal.

• posted at 1:12 pm on Fri, Jul 27, 2007.

I'm sure there's a lesson here for everyone. I feel for both families and wish to God this horrible thing had never happen. I'm sure all the people involved were probable wonderful people and would tell us, if they could, the same thing. Don't drink and drive. In fact, I think they did tell us. Don't drink and drive.

• posted at 12:58 pm on Fri, Jul 27, 2007.

What about ignoring the fact that crystal scott (the real victim here) was killed in this crash. Do you think her friends and family appreciate reading all these posts to her killer making him sound like some kind of a hero when nobody even acknowledges her loss of life? NOW THATS SHAMEFUL!!!!!!

• posted at 12:42 pm on Fri, Jul 27, 2007.

Everyone has "Ghosts" from their past. Let this accident become one of them and remember ALL of the victims.No finger pointing, the only people who knew what really happened are DEAD!!! Let the healing begin....I must help my daughter heal, she was going to marry Brandon. And yes,when you knew him, he was great!!!

• posted at 11:41 am on Fri, Jul 27, 2007.

I'll bet you could find plenty that have bad things to say about him now.

• posted at 11:41 am on Fri, Jul 27, 2007.

I'm sure Brandon was a great person, but how can you praise him? What if it was your mother or daughter he killed? Would you feel the same way? He was a grown man behaving as a child! And because of his stupidity an INNOCENT life was lost. She did not chose to gamble with her life by driving drunk, but that didn't matter. When a person gets behind the wheel intoxicated they are putting us all in danger. While it truly is a tradey for all involved. The saddest thing is that it all could have been avoided.

• posted at 10:36 am on Fri, Jul 27, 2007.

The fact of matter is 3 young people are dead with their whole lives ahead of them. It is a tragedy for all 3 families of them. Why can't we let the healing process start for everyone invloved and stop this stupied finger pointing.It will not bring anybody back. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves saying such awful things where his family could read it. No matter what the circumstances are surrounding it they still loved him and should be allowed to mourn him without being criticized

• posted at 10:36 am on Fri, Jul 27, 2007.

I grew up with Brandon and even though I had not spoken to him for many,many years I know he would be devestated about this accident and the circumstances surrounding it. But,if alcohol was an issue in this accident he also a victum of an illness he never got the right help with. It does not make him a horrible person nor if the case turns out to be his fault for what ever reason does it make him a horrible person ,is itnot going to make him family and friends mourn him any lesseither.

• posted at 8:29 am on Fri, Jul 27, 2007.

R.I.P Brandon. Love you and miss you very much. He was loved by many i didnt know one person who had something bad to say about him. He was there for who ever needed him. I didnt see him much this past year but i still talked to him at least once a week. He had the biggest heart of any one i knew.He was a fun loving amazing guy. Every memmorie i have of him is good he could turn a bad day in to a great day. My heart and prayers go out to his family.

• posted at 8:16 am on Fri, Jul 27, 2007.

Enough with this "Brandon is wonderful/Don't be a hater" b.s. RIP the real victim of this tragedy - Crystal Scott!

• posted at 5:33 am on Fri, Jul 27, 2007.

all this bickering doesnt solve anything.So if there was alcohol involved and brandon's poor judgement killed himself and 2 others. Does this mean the family's are responsible."NO"
    Stop blaming. 3 very loved people are dead, let us mourn them all. Hatred and revenge is the devil's work. Let god do the judging.Hung each other and thank the lord it wasnt you.

• posted at 5:31 am on Fri, Jul 27, 2007.

we all need to stop drinking driving we are losing too many friends were adults now and it still happens r.i.p. hos

• posted at 5:17 am on Fri, Jul 27, 2007.

For those in the community who did not know the drunken, habitually speeding, careless driving perpitrator of this tragedy; he is and will be known as a symbol of reckless youth with blatent disregards for the law and those around him. If this view is myopic to you you don't see what HE DID. Remember, if he were alive; he would be facing manslaughter charges.

• posted at 5:12 am on Fri, Jul 27, 2007.

Brandon will be missed and never forgotten. Tragic that Crystal and Brandon had both just found that one true love they each wanted to spend the rest of their lives with. To the families whose lives will never be the same, may God be with you and keep you strong through these times. Your loved ones will forever be with you.

• posted at 4:05 am on Fri, Jul 27, 2007.

Wheres the compassion?
    Brandon did not start the day out thinking he was going to kill himself or anyone else. This was an accident. Yes, its true he caused the accident and he paid the ultimate price. His family is left behind to suffer not just the grief of losing their loved one but also with the sorrow that Brandon killed two others with him. Initially, I was angry about the loss of the innocent woman in the Volvo but I can also feel compassion towards all concerned.

• posted at 4:03 am on Fri, Jul 27, 2007.

sounds like Baker led a reckless life not thinking of the consequences of his actions.The girl in the volvo was not a mom yet. She was only 25-26 yrs old.Not enough time to experience life,get married or have kids.I've known her since the day she was born & her life wascut short by a drunk 29 yr old KID!!!And what about the bartender who served this guy.I am a bartender that would not think twice about cutting someone off if they were visibly intoxicated.MY heart goes out to the Carson family

• posted at 3:55 am on Fri, Jul 27, 2007.

All the ignorant remarks I had to listen to yesterday out of you guys? "Brandon was a great guy, would do anything for anyone even total strangers" and to hear you people minimize his action and say "we've all sped and had fun" Brandon wasn't driving 10 mph over the speed limit, HE KILLED SOMEONE!! All of you knew yesterday he was drunk. You all just disregarded the woman he killed. You should all be ashamed. You people are pigs.

• posted at 3:54 am on Fri, Jul 27, 2007.

I just want to say how deeply sorry I am that this had to happen. I personally knew both of the guys, Baker and JD. They were two fun loving wonderful people to be around. My heart goes out to the Baker family and Kelly. Also I am so sorry to Nick, JD was one of the best friends that I have ever had. He would do anything for anyone who needed him. He will be in my heart everyday. I love you guys...R.I.P.!

• posted at 2:37 am on Fri, Jul 27, 2007.

I bet you dont share their anger because you werent victims here.

• posted at 11:28 pm on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

Accident?This guy had priors.He knew better than to drink and drive.I feel sad for the family who lost a loved one.This was not an accident!I'm reading all the comments and I'm thinking get your head out of the sand.Your great guy killed innocent people.I'm praying for the lady who was killed.Imagine how her family feels she did not deserve this.What a waste of lives.

• posted at 7:45 pm on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

Just-Because: Perhaps not, but you surely don't go on praising him. All the while a family mourns their mother, who was the innocent victim of Baker and his reckless driving. Too bad his family and all these "friends" couldn't talk some sense into Baker. He obviously didn't take his priors seriously enough to drive safely on that country road Wednesday night and an innocent woman paid the price. A 29 year-old man and he was still acting like a reckless wild child. Not responsible, not considerate, not careful, and completely clueless. My heart goes out to the victim's family/children.

• posted at 7:23 pm on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

may brandon & jd be in our hearts 4ever. I LOVE U GUYS! RIP

• posted at 7:07 pm on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

Take a good look at yourself and wonder if you were in their shoes how would you feel.

• posted at 7:06 pm on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

There was no physical evidence of alcohol, I was at the scene. If there was why didn't the CHP mention it? More happened at the scene of the accident than what is being told. Juicy gossip sells, not facts. It is an unprofessional assumption of the CHP. We will know for sure when the reports come back.Then you people can balk and make yourself feel better with your little blogs. This is a sad event, mourn the lives, remember them for their time here and in our hearts and grow up, stop sitting behind the internet.

• posted at 7:04 pm on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

The driver of the volvo does not have any children. Her brother is a personal friend and all of these assumptions and accusations are ridiculous. The family was notified late last night. I am deeply sad by all the losses from this tradgedy. However, you people that have nothing nice to say but point fingers and wait on here like little pathetic elves for the next assumption need to go outside and enjoy the true life.

• posted at 6:07 pm on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

Want to hear a sick joke?
    Lodi New Sentinel posts these rules: (then doesn't enforce them)
    Do Not Post:
    # Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
    # Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
    # Personal attacks, insults or threats.
    # The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
    # Comments unrelated to the story.

• posted at 5:13 pm on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

I want to know where you are getting your information. Where did you read there was alcohol involved? I have only read that it was not involved and that that was already determined.

• posted at 4:58 pm on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

If Brandon had lived, he'd be in jail and no one would be feeling sorry for him. He murdered two people - maybe his death is some justice for the women's family as his history seemed to point to his future. I feel no sorrow for him just his victims.

• posted at 4:41 pm on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

The world is a very dark place now that Brandon is gone but he soars with the angels. He was such a kind person. He helped bunny rabbits cross the street. He only had a record because the police were mean to him. Who cares about that lady in the Volvo anyway? She shouldn't of been in his way.

• posted at 4:27 pm on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

The News Sentinel is always bad about displaying pictures of people during tragic times (the fiance crying above). Completely tasteless again Sentinel.

• posted at 4:26 pm on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

Nick, my good son - Josh, Kayla, Mike, Tina and I are so sorry about JD. Cousin was your family, and we feel for your loss. We are all praying for you baby. - Momma Kimmie

• posted at 4:23 pm on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

I was worried about my neighbor, who drives a '94 Volvo. She's just returned home, thank God. Unlike most people here, I am concerned for that innocent woman who burned to death and may God be with her family.

• posted at 4:19 pm on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

Brandon Baker was a stand up guy. His friends and family know how truly kind and giving he was...we will all miss him. He was a good man and was taken from us all too soon. I am deeply sorry for the other familys involved and Brandon would feel the same way, he wouldn't have wanted to hurt anybody with his actions.

• posted at 3:27 pm on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

Brandon's family would like to express their deepest thanks for all the kind comments and encouraging words posted here. It is comforting to know he was so well loved. Those who knew him were attracted to his willingness to accept uniquenss in others as he himself was unique. Our prayers and condolences to the other families involved. We share your grief and pain.

• posted at 3:17 pm on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

I am soo soo sorry to family and friends of brandon. My brother and I had graduated with him. He will be with us and we will see him soon in heaven.

• posted at 3:12 pm on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

CHP: Alcohol, speeding led to crash that killed 3...
    Now what do you all have to say???he had a record and he never learned his lesson until now...too bad others had to go with him...

• posted at 2:59 pm on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

. . . now show alcohol was likely involved. And how many priors did he have? 2003 reckless driving with alcohol; 2004 evading CHP; 2005 reckless driving . . . how was this man allowed to be behind the wheel? And how dare people go on about how great he was when some poor anonymous woman driving the Volvo lies in the morgue.

• posted at 2:17 pm on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

has a little girl who she is not going to be able to raise now.

• posted at 1:38 pm on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

I feel so sorry for the driver of the Volvo. Poor thing. What a horrible way to die through no fault of her own. May she rest in peace, and God give peace to her family. My heart goes out to them.

• posted at 1:18 pm on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

accidents dont happen when your drunk driving, CRASHES do!

• posted at 1:16 pm on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

be allowed to rip when the victims family isnt going to?

• posted at 1:16 pm on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

I'll throw all the stones I want if living in a glass house means drunk driving and trapping innocent sober women in buring vehicles.

• posted at 1:15 pm on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

does anybody know the name of the passenger?? my heart goes out to all in pain. the dirver of the volvo was a friend of a friend and will also greatly be missed. just thought id put that out there since nodbody seems to notice that not only baker and passenger died......

• posted at 1:13 pm on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

No one knows the specifics of the crash. You can't take what the news says to be facts on any level. If you have judgment for anyone involved you should be ashamed for passing judgment without facts.

• posted at 1:04 pm on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

The woman who Brandon killed had a little girl who won't be able to grow up with her Mommy now because she was murdered.

• posted at 12:57 pm on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

My heart goes out to all families/friends involved. Especially to the innocent, whoever that might be.

I am not pointing a finger, but who ever is at fault took one life, or possibly more.

I have lost too many friends in my life, it hurts, it sucks, but someone is always at fault.

Things need to change!

• posted at 12:56 pm on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

Someone makes a possibly wrong decision does it mean you love them any less? Noooo!
    RIP!!

• posted at 12:46 pm on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

was the driver drunk?

• posted at 12:37 pm on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

I was involved in an accident caused by a drunk driver, who died. When the person at fault dies in an accident, it can take weeks for the investigators to get the toxicology results. And as a matter of routine, all parties involved in fatal accidents are tested for drugs and alcohol.

I'm not implying Mr. Baker was drunk, just sharing my experience.

• posted at 12:31 pm on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

My heart goes out to all the family's involved. Nick, I want you to know I am so sorry. I know we all loved JD. And still do. I personally know jD cared about alot of people. And went out of his way to show it. He is a great man, And I will miss him terribly. I was blessed to have had him in my life. As I am sure other's feel the same way. Love you JD!

• posted at 12:29 pm on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

RIP Baker I love and miss you! I promise that we will celebrate your life and try our hardest not to mourn you for we know you are with god now and watching over all of us...

• posted at 12:01 pm on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

. . . but it sounds like some of you need as wake-up call instead. If you want to mourn the driver at fault as a flawless human being, maybe a public forum isn't the best place. People speak frankly and objectively here. And for those of us with no emotional connections to any of the poor people involved, it doesn't make sense to see such zealous adoration of a driver who killed himself and 2 others.

• posted at 11:25 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

Only the good die young. They are in so much of a better place right now with GOD !!! No pain !!!

• posted at 11:19 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

This was no accident. The driver was drunk and speeding and driving wrecklessly. someone was trapped in their car and left to burn alive in the fire because brandon decided to drive drunk yesterday. This is hardly what I would call an accident.

• posted at 11:11 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

It's not an accident when you choose to break the law.

• posted at 11:02 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

A cousin, I am sorry about your loss, I had heard about it earlier today and my heart dropped. I know the both of you are extremely close and rmember were all here for you. It's me (P) from the bar.

• posted at 10:57 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

If it gets determined that alcohol was a factor in this "crash" you all better get ready to get an ear full.

• posted at 10:54 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

REST IN PEACE BAKER.
    TO ALL MY LONG LOST FRIENDS THAT I SEE ON HERE TODAY. MY CONDOLENCES.
    I HAVEN'T SEEN BAKER IN OVER A YEAR AS WELL AS ALOT OF YOU. DOESN'T MEAN YOU ARE NOT IN MY HEART. TO ALL OF THE LOVED ONES OF THE FAMILIES, MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU.
    GOD BLESS YOU ALL.
    BAKER, YOU WILL BE DEARLY MISSED.
    SHAWNA, I DID CALL HIS CELL PHONE TODAY. IT WAS SAD TO HEAR HIS VOICE.
    LOVE YOU ALL.
    KIMM IN VALLEY SPRINGS.

• posted at 10:54 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

Was alcohol a factor, anyone know?

• posted at 10:50 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

"We all speed and have fun." You mean we all drive recklessly? No, we don't all "speed and have fun". Cars can be lethal. They're to be used safely, not for "speeding and having fun".

• posted at 10:47 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

to baker and cousin RIP you will always be rembered as brothers and never be forgoten. and to all of the familys including kelli,nick,and all the friends and familys of all three people my hearts go out to all

• posted at 10:32 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

My thoughts and prayers are to the three family members who lost love ones yesterday. Brandon I will miss you. You and I have been friends for 17 years. You were a wonderful, caring and thoughtful man. I never thought I would wake up to find out that you are no longer with us on earth. But I know you, your presence will never die. We will miss you

• posted at 9:52 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

Ive cryed alot today for my friends.. Then i come on line and it makes me mad that some people would bad mouth Baker. Hes great and always has been.. We all speed and have fun. It was just time for him and the passenger god needed them more... The passenger was great too.He will be missed by many.. I know im one that just dont understand!!!!!

• posted at 9:46 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

I dont understand why people would point the finger. no one really knows what happen but the three people that we lost. I loved both men like they were my brothers, they were great fun and wouldnt hurt anyone. You shouldnt talk bad about people when they're not here to stand up for they're name ! BAKER you are and will always be a great man. I know the passenger but im not sure i can put his name in. He to was a wonderful man that has always been here for me whenever i needed him

• posted at 9:39 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

People need to quit judging what happened and just pray for the families involved. As they say do not throw rocks at glass houses, I am sure everyone at one point or another has went over the speed limit, including myself. I PRAY FOR THE FAMILY AND FOR HIS FIANCEE' BRANDON WILL FOREVER BE WATCHING OVER YOU.

• posted at 9:38 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

TO CHEVY LOVER: That is true that the El Camino had the ability to go fast, so do Ferraris, Porche, Lexus and Mercedes but it does not mean that those people driving those cars are speeding. THIS WAS AN ACCIDENT. I have a Honda Accord and a Toyota Corolla that can go 100 mph so does that mean I should not be driving them. It was not the make of the car, or what was under the hood, IT WAS AN ACCIDENT.

• posted at 9:37 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

chevy lover, That was weird.

• posted at 9:36 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

Brandon was great guy who would do anything for anybody and may he rest in peace.I pray that all families involved in this tragedy can move past the accident itself and celebrate the life their loved ones lived.Accidents are called accidents for a reason.To the innocent victims family in the volvo, may they rest in peace and I pray for you and your family.

• posted at 9:36 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

Too bad this man did not make a better choice as to not speed down this road. He was 29 years old and engaged to be married. You would have thought he'd be a little more grown up and responsible by now. Speed does kill. Everyone needs to realize that. It doesn't matter if you are driving in a town, highway or a country road. It will get you in the end. My condolences to the innocent victims family.

• posted at 9:35 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

You can tell by the results that he was going entirely too fast. Had he lived he would be facing vehicular manslaughter charges I'm sure. And LNS, this is not an inappropriate comment. You are censoring and that is WRONG!!!

• posted at 9:34 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

How drugs and alcohol haven't been mentioned one way or another in this case. Does anyone know? Usually the paper will says drugs and alcohol do not appear to be a factor at this time.

• posted at 9:24 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

(1973 Chevrolet El Camino)??????Im sorry but...That is a mid-1980 Elcamino with a v-8 chevy motor,aftermarket carburator, dual exhaust!NOT a factory installed 160hp v-6.I'm sorry for everyones loss's,but that car was built for speed !

• posted at 9:21 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

my heart goes out to all the families of the victims.This was a terrible tragedy.I pray for all involved, that their broken hearts will be mended.

• posted at 9:20 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

Brandon Baker was a great man. He has always been a caring giving person that no matter how he was treated would turn the other cheek and keep on treating you great. I know he never wanted to hurt anybody and the fact that he did on ACCIDENT is just a tragic ending to what was a great life lived by a great man!! Oh yea, great guy and Preliminary Reports, just mind your own business and try not to hurt anyone for the rest of your lives otherwise you will go down in history as cold hearted hypocrites!

• posted at 9:10 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

I considered Brandon Baker a friend, a man of his word, and a wonderful human being. His family should be proud of the man they raised. I will miss him, as will many. This accident was tragic for three families and my heart goes out to all in mourning. Anyone who needs to asses blame NOW, by putting their fingers to a keyboard and spitting in a mourning family's face, should hug their loved ones because a)They're alive, and b)You have any loved ones at all!

• posted at 9:07 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

Dont take life for granted, it can end at anytime. Godbless

• posted at 8:35 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

I knew baker, He was not the type of person to hurt anyone.To the family of the motorist in the volvo. my regrets are true.If baker were here today he would truely have taken the blame for this and would have never forgiven himself. keep the ones that are still with us close to our hearts. I know nothing will ever bring them back, so all we can do know is honor there memories. Accident's happen to the best of us. No need for blame today.

• posted at 8:33 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

go out to the family members of the person driving the volvo that has to read this forum and see the complete and total disregard for their loved one.

• posted at 8:21 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

To all of you who leave comments without knowing the situation have no grounds.
    Baker was one of the best guys around and everyone who knew him, loved him. My heart goes out to Kelly, and the Bakers, as well as, the families of both other victims. That's right VICTIMS. Circumstances at times cannot be avoided and ACCIDENTS are just that, unintentional.
    RIP Baker- you'll always be remembered and loved

• posted at 8:20 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

This was an accident, Brandon would never intentionally injury anyone. OBVIOUSLY YOU DID NOT KNOW BRANDON. I just want that family and his finacee to remember that Brandon is in heaven watching over you and that many people loved him as he was a great human being With all of our thoughts and prayers to his family and finacee. THE WARD FAMILY

• posted at 8:20 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

"TO GREAT GUY"-Brandon had a big heart and would do anything for anyone, including my sons. Brandon more than once would come over and repair my sons vehicles, he was a very talented individual. It was unfortunate that Brandon was driving over the speed limit, but over has done it. Tell me you have never went over the speed limit.

• posted at 8:14 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

I just found out that my cousin was in the passenger seat of the El Camino. They were on their way to pick up my other cousin to go surprise my grandfather. No, they should not have been speeding, and yes, they should have been wearing their seat-belts. My heart goes out to the family of the Volvo-driver because I KNOW what they are feeling right now. But please, have some compassion for the family of Brandon; they may read these posts and I'm sure they feel badly enough about what happened. Thank you.

• posted at 8:00 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

My heart goes out to everyone involved. I have a neighbor who drives a nineties-model Volvo and she hasn't been home since yesterday morning. I'm hoping she just went out of town. I pray for the family of the person they can't identify, and I hope they find out who it was soon so their survivors may mourn and find peace.

• posted at 7:43 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

Ok People ENOUGH of the blaming.. the point is that there are three people who died that were all deeply loved and cared for, and will be trully missed. Everyone makes mistakes, unfortunately sometimes our mistakes are more than we ever imagined. Any motorist who has their license has at one point in their life been deemed "careless". Pray for all involved, their families- the people they have left behind. Stop being so cynical, have a heart for God's sake!

• posted at 7:36 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

are ya'll missing your sensitivity chip?

• posted at 7:31 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

my comment is in response to "Great Guy". I think it is very disrespectful to everyone involved in this accident, including all family members, for you to make such statements. Accidents are called accidents for a reason. Let the survivors mourn without your negative input. Unless you are in that small percentage 55mph drivers,you too have most likely gone over the speed limit & are lucky this did not happen to you. Again, show some respect. I do not know any of the survivors, but my heart goes out to you in your hard times.

• posted at 7:25 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

in response to "preliminary reports": what the hell is wrong with you? Can you not read? our hearts go out to ALL those involved. Yes he was speeding but i'm sure you do too. People make mistakes...that's why it is called an accident. Haven't you ever done something that you regretted. Trust me...if he was here today he would stand up and be a man and own up to his mistakes. Brandon was an amazing person!

• posted at 6:49 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

Yeah, Brandon was a great guy who would do anything for anyone, even a perfect stranger, EXCEPT obey all traffic laws as to not put other innocent drivers at risk. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

• posted at 6:44 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

Why dont you peope start expressing your hartfelt deep condolances to the family of the person who was killed because of your loved ones stupidity and immaturity.....remember someone was burned alive and trapped in a car.

• posted at 6:42 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

everything on this blog seems so distorted to me. have some respect for the one true victim here who was following the law driving down the road in their safe car and wearing a seatbelt when they got hit by someone who was speeding and being negligent. you people need to have some respect for the person who died minding their own business.

• posted at 6:39 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

has the driver of the volvo even been identified yet? has their family even been contacted yet to be told some wreckless kid was speeding and now their family is dead as a result of it their family member was burned alive and trapped inside their car? and obviously anyone who drives a volvo is concerened about safety and they were also obvioulsy a law abiding citizen because it was their seatbelt that trapped them in the car.

• posted at 6:17 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

" Baker was our close and true friend, we have many fond memories of baker in our hearts. We send our prayers to the family's, and his memory will live in our hearts forever. "we love you baker !!"

• posted at 6:12 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

My daughter is friends these gentleman and she's very upset about this accident. Lord be with all of the family's that have lost their love ones.
    I am very sorry for lost.

• posted at 5:43 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

We are deeply saddened by Brandon's death. On behalf of Nick "Frenchie" Mease's family our sympathy is with the Baker family and Brandon's fiancee.

• posted at 5:37 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

John and Sharon,

My most sincere heartfelt condolences to you for the loss of your son. I loved Brandon.

• posted at 5:09 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

suggest Baker was at fault as a a driver, speeding recklessly in such a way that he not only killed himsef but two other innocent victims. I'm Ok with folks mourning his passing but do you have to lionize somebody who, if alive, would be in court for manslaughter? He killed three people driving like an idiot, don't forget.

• posted at 4:53 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

When i found out what happen i fall to my knees. I still want to pick up the phone and call Baker to hang out. I meant the other man not to long ago and he was a great man. He would do anything for anyone even if he didnt know you. I remember the bbqs at the Baker ranch, the times with Baker will always be in my heart. I miss him already!!!!

• posted at 4:53 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

Katie, I just want to express my sympathy to you and your family. May the promises of God comfort you during this time of loss.

• posted at 4:48 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

Brandon will be missed deeply. My heart goes out to all the family and friends who are hurt. We have lost a family member who will be missed god bless and r.i.p.

• posted at 4:34 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

My heart goes out to all that have been touched by this sad event...I got that phone call and part of me dies. he was a very great man, be would help anyone at any time and was a good hearted man...I know a part of everyone that knew Baker died because he had a big piece of our hearts...You are with the Lord Now, Watch over all of us. Love you Big Guy

• posted at 4:26 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

The two men that died were great people that would do anthing for anyone. I will miss them both very much. My heart goes out to the familys and loved ones. They will always be in my heart!!!!!! I love you guys!!!!

• posted at 4:22 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

"I send my heart out to the familys. Baker was a fun loving person. He will be missed by many"

• posted at 4:13 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

"i lost two really good people last night. The two MEN that died would have done anything for anyone. . . .They will be missed. My heart goes out to the familys" R.I.P. Guys I LOVE YOU BOTH AND WILL MISS YOU !!!!!!!!!!

• posted at 4:13 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

Brandon was one of our best men at our wedding and has been my husbands friend since they were born. He was always a decent, kind, and good man, and loved by many people. I have never seen him as happy as he was, Kelly gave him the love he always wanted. He will be missed by so many. His family and Kelly are in our thoughts and prayers and this he will live on in our hearts.

• posted at 3:52 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

R.I.P. Brandon...even though we never got along in high school, you were a good person. At least you are in a better place now.

• posted at 3:44 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

My heart goes out to all those involved.

• posted at 3:43 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

baker was a very awesome person. so many people have lost a good friend, and a great family member.he was one of my sisters friends. he was a friend of the family.

• posted at 3:28 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

i love you kelly . god is with him know. god bless all of you who lost a loved one.

• posted at 3:25 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

Our family has known Brandon Baker, and his family, since he was a young boy. We will remember him as a good-natured, fun-loving, and happy person. Our hearts go out to his family and fiancee, and to the families of the others that lost their lives in this tragic event. Charlie and Gwen Robinson, Lodi

• posted at 3:16 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

My thoughts go out to the family and friends to Brandon. Even though I have not been in contact for many years I have a great deal of memories at Brandons house with his family.

• posted at 2:28 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

We can't believe Brandon is gone.
    Our hearts are breaking for his family and many friends. Brandon was a very likable guy who knew everyone and will be very missed. I had a lenghly conversation with him only a couple of weeks ago and I was so proud of him he was finally "in love" and was so happy. He told me he finally felt like he was where he was suppose to be in his life.
    Our family will miss him. Especially my son, they both loved cars.

RIP Brandon

• posted at 2:14 am on Thu, Jul 26, 2007.

My prayers are with all of you at this time. Brandon was a fine young man and my heart goes out to his family and friends.