The Lodi District Grape Growers Association is presenting information about health care reform and its effect on agricultural employers at a meeting this morning.
It begins at 8:30 a.m. with a pancake breakfast. The health care reform update, presented by Dave Fear and sponsored by Jeni Elson of MCV Insurance Producers, will start at 9 a.m.
Topics to be covered include:
- Large Employer Mandate: Will you be forced to provide insurance to your employees?
- Government’s definition: Large employer, seasonal, part-time, full-time, full-time equivalent
- How health care reform will affect labor contractors
- How health care reform will affect farmers
- Taxes due to health care reform
- Other changes in 2014 and beyond
The meeting will be held in Burgundy Hall, Lodi Grape Festival Grounds, 413 E. Lockeford St., Lodi.