The following is a list of public meetings in the Lodi and Galt areas this week:
Galt City Council
- Discuss a new July 4 community event that will start in 2012.
- Receive a report on unmet transit needs.
- Receive an update on the council’s strategic plan and the city’s capital improvement program project.
- Conduct a public hearing on fire impact fees for the Cosumnes Community Services District and approve the nexus study to update the fire fee program’s final report.
- Also, the redevelopment agency will discuss authorizing and approving a contract with Auto Temp Services for relocation assistance services for property acquisition in old town.
When and where: 7 p.m., City Hall, council chambers, 380 Civic Drive, Galt.
Lodi Budget Strategy Group
- City Manager Rad Bartlam will give a presentation on employee expenses.
When and where: 5:30 to 7 p.m., Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St., Lodi.
Lodi City Council shirtsleeve
- Receive an update on the development of the impact mitigation fee program.
When and where: 7 a.m. Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St., Lodi.
Lodi Unified School District board of trustees
- Review purchase orders. Per board policy, all transactions entered into by the superintendent or designee on behalf of the board shall be reviewed every 60 days.
- Approve the Live Oak Elementary School renovation project, award the contract to TPA Construction, Inc., of Rocklin, and establish the final guaranteed project cost at $309,000.
- Vote on a proposal to expand Katnich Community Day School program based on need and priority.
- Vote on closing Clements School and moving its students to Lockeford School in the fall to save money.
- Hear a request by a parent group for an additional bus stop near Tower Park that will cost the district $12,758.84 annually. Staff recommends not to approve it during this time of budget crisis.
- Receive a draft revision of board policy allowing outside private organizations to advertise at district school sites and websites as a way to raise revenue.
- Hear an update from Superintendent Cathy Nichols-Washer on the district’s expense reduction plan voted on by the board earlier this year.
- Recognize schools meeting all schoolwide and subgroup growth targets and targets for 2010 in standardized tests. Schools with an Academic Performance Index of 800 or higher will be recognized with a gold seal affixed to the plaque.
When and where: 7 p.m., James Areida Education Support Center, 1305 E. Vine St., Lodi.
San Joaquin County General Plan
- Public encouraged to give input on how and where the county should grow in rural areas during the next 20 years.
When and where: Lodi Grape Festival grounds, Jackson Hall, 413 E. Lockeford St., Lodi.
San Joaquin County Board of Supervisors
Lodi City Council
- Adopt an ordinance legalizing fireworks from June 29 to July 4.
- Hold a public hearing to certify the South Hutchins annexation project, which includes annexation and pre-zoning. Also, certify the project’s mitigated negative declaration and mitigation monitoring and reporting program as adequate environmental documentation. Direct staff to prepare and submit an annexation application to the San Joaquin Local Agency Formation Commission.
- Adopt a resolution approving an updated fee structure for use and access at Lodi Lake.
- Hold a public hearing to approve the 2011 to 2012 action plan for the Community Development Block Grant program.
When and where: 7 p.m., Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St., Lodi.
San Joaquin County Board of Education
When and where: Noon, San Joaquin County Office of Education, Nelson Education Center, board room, 2901 Arch-Airport Road, Stockton.
San Joaquin County Advisory Water Commission
- Updates on county flood management, Delta Counties Coalition and Delta Stewardship activities.
- Presentation on Delta sustainability issues.
- Discussion and possible recommendation to accept the Freeport Element engineering feasibility study.
When and where: 1 p.m., Public Health conference room, 1601 E. Hazelton Ave., Stockton.
Lodi Senior Citizens Commission
- Discuss the San Joaquin County Commission on Aging, senior housing, senior nutrition, a financial workshop, an Aging with Grace event, billing insert, resource guide and an open house for the Senior Center.
When and where: 8 a.m., Hutchins Street Square, Senior Center, 125 S. Hutchins St., Lodi.
Lodi Sister City Commission
- Discuss a trip to Kofu, Japan, and a fundraiser dinner for band performance and earthquake relief.
- Discuss Kofu, Yamanashi Youth/Air Force Band performance at Hutchins Street Square on Aug. 15.
- Discuss communication from Mr. Bianchini about historical bricks from Lodi, Italy.
- Discuss the 6th annual commission crab feed, scheduling a meeting for the 50th anniversary and annual SCI dues payment for 2011.
When and where: 6 p.m., Carnegie Forum, 305 W. Pine St., Lodi.