- In other action
On Wednesday, the Galt City Council:
- Did not discuss rules that would govern what can be posted on city-owned signs, after Councilman Mark Crews requested the item be postponed. It will instead be heard at the next city council meeting on March 6.
- Declared May to be Bike Month.
- Discussed how to make a site on Simmerhorn Road enticing to possible business applicants.
- Heard an update on the county’s transit plan and how it affects Galt residents.
- Received the treasurer’s report for the period ending December 2011.
- Listened to a presentation on a new city employee recognition program. Winners will receive two hours off work and their choice of lunch with the city manager or a $20 gift card.
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2012 12:00 am
Updated: 7:35 am, Thu Feb 23, 2012.
More than a dozen students who live in Galt will have to find a new way to get to their private school come fall after the Galt City Council adopted a transportation plan to eliminate the Galt-to-Florin Road service.
Meanwhile, service to Consumes River College and thrice-daily trips to downtown Sacramento are expected to be added. Galt bus riders will be able to access a number of county offices and hospitals under the proposal.
Thursday, February 23, 2012 12:00 am.
Updated: 7:35 am.