- How you can get involved
The Lodi Chamber of Commerce is looking for organizations,
businesses and even individuals to become partners in education.
Here are a few examples of what a participant could do:
- Adopt a school or class.
- Read to a class or individual students.
- Help a school with a special project (arts, sports,
beautification, attendance incentives, field trips).
- Share information on a particular career (in the class or at
the work site).
- Be a part of a mock interview panel to help students prepare
for job searching.
- Mentor a student who may need a positive adult role model.
- Help teach the Junior Achievement curriculum which focuses on
work readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy.
- Provide funding so volunteers can be fingerprinted.
For more information, contact the chamber at 367-7840.
Posted: Monday, March 21, 2011 12:00 am
Updated: 6:07 am, Tue Mar 22, 2011.
Lustre-Cal visiting Lodi Unified School District classrooms to
tell industrial arts high school students where some of the signs
the company has manufactured have ended up.
Lodi firefighters in full uniform speaking to a group of
second-graders about how communication is important in their job to
Monday, March 21, 2011 12:00 am.
Updated: 6:07 am.
| Location Tags: