Lockeford's On the Beach stops lap dances; entertainment permit denied by San Joaquin county

Posted: Tuesday, August 5, 2008 10:00 pm

It appears that Lockeford has seen its final lap dance.

Timothy Kruppe, owner of the On the Beach nightclub on Highway 88, said that the establishment stopped offering lap dances Monday afternoon as part of negotiating a legal settlement with San Joaquin County in good faith, according to his attorney, George Mull.

• posted at 4:16 am on Wed, Aug 13, 2008.

WY: I should have ran with that one, huh? :-) It would actually have been a great line using the word poles instead of polls. Geez, I missed that opportunity! I actually DID misspell the word. Darn it! LOL!

• posted at 4:11 am on Wed, Aug 13, 2008.

Cogito: Looooove the humor! :-)

• posted at 3:48 am on Wed, Aug 13, 2008.

You guys are funny! I just thought Lodian was trying to stay on topic. bahahahah~! but far be it for me to correct anyone's spelling! lol funny stuff!

• posted at 3:10 am on Wed, Aug 13, 2008.

Lodian, normally I don't care about spelling. It was all about the opening for humor.

• posted at 2:45 am on Wed, Aug 13, 2008.

Cogito: LOL! Thanks for catching my misspelling. I missed that one. Good eye.entertainment apparatus - LOL!

• posted at 2:39 am on Wed, Aug 13, 2008.

Lodian, that's polls, not "poles". Poles are an entertainment apparatus at the On The Beach Bikini Bar.

• posted at 5:19 pm on Tue, Aug 12, 2008.

I think Hussein is gonna whoop Sidney at the poles! :-)

• posted at 5:16 pm on Tue, Aug 12, 2008.

sam: I always loved watching those "...two grumpy old men in the balcony from the Muppets Show."Hilarious comparison!

• posted at 2:48 pm on Tue, Aug 12, 2008.

Also, given the choices I'm given, yes I'm for John Sidney Mccain. I voted for Romney in the primary. I haven't heard too many things come out of Barack Hussein Obamas mouth that sounds like he has the capacity to make presidential decisions. I'm just going with the candidate who's most qualified to be the leader of my country, just like I always do.

• posted at 2:21 pm on Tue, Aug 12, 2008.

Sam, your last post is very funny. I knew that sense of humor was still alive. The only thing is that neither one of those old men in the balcony talk as slowly as Lieberman. I think he will pick Romney.

• posted at 2:19 pm on Tue, Aug 12, 2008.

Yes Lodian, they're both Senators. When filing to run for president, Barack Hussein Obama had been a Senator for 143 days, John "Sidney" McCain for 22 years. I guess as long as you "look" presidential, qualifications to BE presidentially able become irrelevant.

• posted at 11:13 am on Tue, Aug 12, 2008.

Lodian, if he picks Lieberman as VP the vision I get are the two grumpy old men in the balcony from the Muppets Show.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h15xIoVwWw&feature=related

• posted at 9:12 am on Tue, Aug 12, 2008.

sam: McCain has never looked presidential to me. You?

• posted at 9:12 am on Tue, Aug 12, 2008.

Oops, I mean, Sidney. LOL

• posted at 9:11 am on Tue, Aug 12, 2008.

sam: Yes, McCain's middle name is Sisney.

• posted at 6:35 am on Tue, Aug 12, 2008.

Lodian, I agree. I watched Sidney McCain give his speech about Georgia trying to look very presidential. What floors me is that if Obama had done that everyone would be accusing him of speaking out of place, since he is only a senator and NOT the president.

• posted at 6:32 am on Tue, Aug 12, 2008.

Sidney??? really???

• posted at 4:34 am on Tue, Aug 12, 2008.

Jess wrote "Clearly John Sidney McCain did not take time to research the event."Jess: It's amazing that there are people that will excuse such behavior that shows one's true character.

• posted at 4:02 am on Tue, Aug 12, 2008.

Lodian, I have a dear friend who was at that motorcycle event. He said McCain was embarrassing and his jokes were tasteless. Everyone who attends is well aware of the type of "beauty" contest they promote. Clearly John Sidney McCain did not take time to research the event.

• posted at 3:55 am on Tue, Aug 12, 2008.

Rather... Have you considered the general make up of this crowd?

• posted at 3:55 am on Tue, Aug 12, 2008.

Cogito wrote "A joke that was met with huge laughter and applause from the crowd by the way."Consider the general make up of this crowd? Besides, McCain's gender jokes are offensive.

• posted at 3:48 am on Tue, Aug 12, 2008.

Cogito: You do know that Barack Obama is a senator too, just like John Sidney McCain, right? And is there a particular reason you like to use one's full given name? Well, you only use it for Obama and not McCain, so there must be a motive behind it. Is that how you choose your next president, by their middle name? (LOL!) Come on, Cogito. I expect more from you.

• posted at 3:39 am on Tue, Aug 12, 2008.

Cogito: You're not for McCain or anything, are ya? LOL

• posted at 2:20 am on Tue, Aug 12, 2008.

Lodian, I was referring to Sam's being so appalled at the joke Senator McCain said in front of the crowd of bikers, while ignoring so much of who Barack Hussein Obama has been in the past. I find his past associations to be more appalling than a stupid joke. A joke that was met with huge laughter and applause from the crowd by the way.

• posted at 6:35 am on Mon, Aug 11, 2008.

Cogito: I never brought up the subject.

• posted at 3:30 am on Mon, Aug 11, 2008.

Lodian, are you saying that Hussein Obama DOESN'T have a past involving communists, terrorists, and hate mongering preachers? Because that's called living in denial.

• posted at 3:32 pm on Sun, Aug 10, 2008.

I can't even believe this is still going on.

• posted at 2:00 pm on Sun, Aug 10, 2008.

Kruppe - denied!

• posted at 1:58 pm on Sun, Aug 10, 2008.

Who's trying to validate their point of view?

• posted at 4:07 am on Fri, Aug 8, 2008.

Sorry I threw everybody off for being on topic, but read it again.

• posted at 2:53 am on Fri, Aug 8, 2008.

Sam, I was referring to the bar in Lockeford, and Mr. McCain was JOKING with the crowd in front of him. You dwelling on this while ignoring Obamas connections with Communists, terrorists and hate spewing preachers, sounds like a desperate attempt to validate your point of view.

• posted at 4:03 pm on Thu, Aug 7, 2008.

Oh man poor thing! YOu know we can sit here and talk about the toilets all day and never be off topic. bahahaha

• posted at 7:16 am on Thu, Aug 7, 2008.

except ... your pod is free of cobwebs bahahaha

• posted at 7:16 am on Thu, Aug 7, 2008.

Sam...I guess Shelly is solo today with you blogging an all. bahahaha got cha :) seems we're two peas in a pod

• posted at 5:33 am on Thu, Aug 7, 2008.

Gator, I was a huge fan of his in 2000. Donated a ton of money to his campaign. He was great, wasn't he.

• posted at 5:05 am on Thu, Aug 7, 2008.

Cereal was there when I hit post!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• posted at 5:01 am on Thu, Aug 7, 2008.

Cogito has a valid point and it seems to me some folks know a use for abanana besides something to put on your in the morning. Care to givea demonstration?? Say how did McCain and Sturgis get into this anywayHere is a little fyi as long as McCain was put in this post I know that some of you don't like to read long drawn out E-MAILS..so here's the executive summary.....Congress/ MilitaryJohn McCain 26 Years 22 yearsBarack Obama 143 days 0Executive Summary Concluded

• posted at 3:57 am on Thu, Aug 7, 2008.

WY, he thought he was being funny. He did not look into what the contest involved. His comment was uninformed. My Mom and Dad were totally offended by his comment. They said he spoke without thinking.

• posted at 3:22 am on Thu, Aug 7, 2008.

sam... was he joking around. Because she is very pretty. Would he really offer her up like shrimp on the bar b q? No the less the chichi bar is going down. poof

• posted at 5:11 pm on Wed, Aug 6, 2008.

oh come now Cog, our dearly beloved McCain offered his wife to be a contestant at the biker gathering yesterday. Seems he forgot to tell her it involved being topless and the use of a banana.I know quite a few conservatives who got upset with his follish, thoughtless offer.

• posted at 4:30 pm on Wed, Aug 6, 2008.

WOW, all you so called liberals sure get all puritan and conservative when a bikini top hits the floor. If someone wants to see something, and someone else is willing to show it to them for a price, and they're willing to pay that price, where's the harm here? I mean, is this place catering to men any worse than Bill Clinton, or John Edwards? Sounds like a party at Ted's house to me.

• posted at 2:47 pm on Wed, Aug 6, 2008.

People talk about the services rendered at the chichi bar. It's just a matter of time. poof gone.

• posted at 2:46 pm on Wed, Aug 6, 2008.

Good news is they are trying for A "Fall" rodeo of some kind. Meeting is friday night @ 7pm. Stop in and say hello.

• posted at 2:45 pm on Wed, Aug 6, 2008.

47C... Do you go to the Clements Stampeed this June? They had no money for it. And the club is in hurtin for members. Join the club and use that arena. They need you.

• posted at 10:16 am on Wed, Aug 6, 2008.

Neo: Whoaaaaa: you were shown more in one night that your 3 ex-wives ever did, I have a hint that for the ex`s the lights were off and viola, the lights were on in the VIP room. That must have been some education for an innocent mind to handle.

• posted at 9:58 am on Wed, Aug 6, 2008.

Neo wrote on Aug 6, 2008 1:05 PM:" Guess I`m a masochist! "Maybe the ex-wives were the masochists. LOL

• posted at 9:29 am on Wed, Aug 6, 2008.

"What else is there to do in Lockeford?" Let's build an arena and movie theatre in downtown. No, Stockton already did that. Let's have a rodeo. No, Clements already has one. Let's have a huge grape and wine festival. Darn-it, Lodi already has that! Oh, I know...let's open a bikini bar where good ol' folks can get lap dances! Typical comment of someone who is doing something she knows she shouldn't be doing.

• posted at 8:05 am on Wed, Aug 6, 2008.

Guess I`m a masochist!

• posted at 8:01 am on Wed, Aug 6, 2008.

Neo: Three ex-wives? What's wrong with you? LOL

• posted at 7:40 am on Wed, Aug 6, 2008.

I`ve been in the VIP room. That young lady showed me parts of the female anatomy that none of my 3 ex-wives even ever did!

• posted at 5:14 am on Wed, Aug 6, 2008.

Gross. Is that area even zoned for a nudie bar? Guess so since they are seeking a special use permit rather than a variance. However, sounds like they need to stop pretending he is operating a bar with bikini dancers when really they start off with their "outfit" and strip completely down. Use your police power county and shut them down for operating a public nuisance due to failure to receive a special use permit and DO NOT pay their legal fees or claimed lost profits from being prevented from operating an illegal strip club/prostitution pick up.

• posted at 5:11 am on Wed, Aug 6, 2008.

what about the person who owns the building? he should be held accountable also for allowing this buisness to operate in lockeford.

• posted at 4:26 am on Wed, Aug 6, 2008.

Had a similar situation in a small town in Texas but locals armed themselves with video cameras and filmed the scummy guys going in-and-out of the place. Local TV showed the videos and some of the scummy guys' wives weren't too happy to see their husbands on the local news. You guys have a local TV station around there? If not, you've got the Internet.

• posted at 4:24 am on Wed, Aug 6, 2008.

Give them the permit. I don't want my tax dollars paying the bill.I've never been to this bar and probably never will but I have no problem if someone else wants to.

• posted at 3:59 am on Wed, Aug 6, 2008.

Kruppe has put the following settlement offer on the table:"County taxpayers would pay Kruppe's legal costs, plus what Mull described as "a significant amount of money" to compensate for loss of business without the dancers and lap dances."THIS REALLY TICKS ME OFF! This guy is a scumbag! We all suspected it. Now we know for sure as it's in print and in his own words. This guy should be run outta town. Get on it Lockeford! Time to take out the trash.

• posted at 3:54 am on Wed, Aug 6, 2008.

."....there were also simulated sex acts and allegations of solicitation for prostitution, Myles said."YA THINK?

• posted at 3:34 am on Wed, Aug 6, 2008.

"What else is there to do in Lockeford?" That's the same logic teens use to abuse alcohol and drugs.As teens mentally mature, most realize the stupidity of such a statement. The ones that don't are highly susceptible to a life of addiction, unemployment, jail, and a lack of self esteem. Employment at this place is not mentally healthy.

• posted at 2:58 am on Wed, Aug 6, 2008.

Authorities should close that discusting place down.

• posted at 2:51 am on Wed, Aug 6, 2008.

Do the readers really need to be told the definition of "inculcate"? If one does not know the meaning of a word, one can look it up in the dictionary.

• posted at 2:46 am on Wed, Aug 6, 2008.

I'll bet the girls were more than topless behind closed doors.

• posted at 2:31 am on Wed, Aug 6, 2008.

" County taxpayers would pay Kruppe's legal costs, plus what Mull described as "a significant amount of money" to compensate for loss of business without the dancers and lap dances."Are you kidding me???