Top earners for Galt Joint Union High School District during 2008-09

Posted: Monday, January 11, 2010 12:00 am

Below is a list of those in the Galt Joint Union High School District who earned more than $100,000 in the 2008/09 school year. Chief Business Official for the district, Audrey Kilpatrick offered some insight to the high numbers.

Kilpatrick said the high salaries for teachers could be based on a combination of the regular school contract salary, plus stipends from any of the following: Masters or doctoral degrees, extra summer assignments, department chair stipends or program coordinator stipend pay.

• posted at 11:04 pm on Wed, Jan 13, 2010.

OK stuck you grew up in Gtown. Given.But curiously you didn't bother to answer any other question. Like these-"What do I have for you? How about you trying to figure out how you thought the welding dept was a different dept than the ag dept. It's the same dept!So tell me, what kind of welding did your Dad mainly do? Surely you can answer that question, he is your Dad. Please be specific, your credibility is on the line. And btw, who did he work for?"I'm still waiting to hear what kind of welding pays a PERSONAL income of 100K. You stated you know "lots of welders...". Well even with 10 hours of overtime a week that works out to roughly $42 an hour. Of PERSONAL income, not what is charged to the customer. I DO KNOW welders, none of them make that or anywhere near that.As a matter of fact according to http://www.ehow.com/about_4616993_how-much-do-welders.html the average for experienced welders doing specialized work is 65K. Which is right about where the guys I know make.So I'm calling your bluff. I'm calling you a liar.

• posted at 1:29 pm on Wed, Jan 13, 2010.

Good answer...I don't totally agree but some of what you speak has merit.

• posted at 11:36 am on Wed, Jan 13, 2010.

Im not the Quitter in this situation. you will never have "Educational Parity" with today's economic times. school are going to have to priortize the needs. Because of all of the irresponsible elected officals in this state and the country for that matter. we no longer have the luxuries that we had before. Teachers are spending their own money to buy supplies that the school can longer afford and asking parents to foot the bill for the rest. if you want the so called educational parity that speak of i suggest you start your campaign for election for a rep. or senator and start cleaning up the messes that have been made with our financial situations. our elected officals care more about themselves and there own agenga's, one of which is making themselves rich off the taxpayers dime.

• posted at 10:35 am on Wed, Jan 13, 2010.

Wait!! Are you quitting????

• posted at 10:34 am on Wed, Jan 13, 2010.

BTW...I not only did all of the jobs mentioned, but I served in the US Army, got a scholarship to the Univ of Arkansas for swimming, played water polo, worked in a tire store, pruned grape fields and even drove tractor on many a farm. I also graduated from Sac State and went through their Masters Program...I worked for an ad agency for a time as well...oh yeah...I sent three of my children through GHS. So what.

• posted at 10:28 am on Wed, Jan 13, 2010.

Stuck: My grandfather worked at the Sego milk plant in the 1940's...so who you might know so will I. Great memory to. Bill Spaans was a good friend of my father and I. Great nostalgia...but what about the kids who were going to GHS before the Ag Dept was started. Where did they learn to run a dairy, work with grapes, raise cattle, pick fruit, weld or....where? OJT the best place for it. You are a minion(look the word up)for the Ag dept, as I am for ALL kids...for that you have my respect.I know exactly what a quintuple bypass is. Triple, quadruple, sextuple and sentuple and even octuple. I probable have more education than you and I can even spell my own name using capital letters. So what. Stick to the subject...educational parity.

• posted at 7:00 am on Wed, Jan 13, 2010.

UH UH UH i remeber walking down the aisles of Mar-Val for grocery shopping then when mar-val closed we were left with just Galt Supermarket, before save-mart and raleys. oh i remember renting videos from galt video the awesome sandwichs at bakers deli. no one piled on the meat like they did. or getting pizza from pizza palace. i always thought they had the best pizza. and roller skating at what is now i believe the estrellita ball room. and the bowling alley who could forget the bowling alley where i lobbed bowling balls with both hands between my legs.

• posted at 6:50 am on Wed, Jan 13, 2010.

so Lodibill did you grow up in galt my family, a very large family, has been in galt for decades oh heres one i can throw at you i remember making ceramincs in the old sego milk plant!!!

• posted at 6:35 am on Wed, Jan 13, 2010.

Is that enough or would i be able to get all that from google as well.

• posted at 6:34 am on Wed, Jan 13, 2010.

are you referring to the Galt Frostie. yea i was raised in Galt. I attended Galt High school during the Great football era of Erv Hatzenbuler, of which his daughter Leslie was my galt gators swim coach for a while. lets see what other things i can remember from my childhood. I grew up with Judge Henke's children. I remember going to the Galt Pool before it became the Gora Aquatic center. when it cost 25 cents to swim for the whole day with gladys and Rosmary Lanza watching over you for the day at the pool. I attended galt middle school before it was torn down to make way for save mart! oh and by the way the galt frostie had the best cherry milkshake around. i even remember the old A&W across from galt high that later became a donut shop and chinese food resturant. I was taught to drive By Mr Champion in drivers ed! i remember the excitement when Galt got its first fast food resturant McDonalds. no more driving to Lodi for a big mac. I even think that the Spaans cookies have shrunk in size.

• posted at 6:11 am on Wed, Jan 13, 2010.

Here you go Stuck-Let's see if you can answer this simple question. A question that anybody who was raised, as you claim you were, in Galt could answer.There is a somewhat famous restuarant at the corner of C St and Lincoln, what's the name of this establishment?

• posted at 6:06 am on Wed, Jan 13, 2010.

Stuck-What do I have for you? How about you trying to figure out how you thought the welding dept was a different dept than the ag dept. It's the same dept!Which tells me you know nothing of Galt, the Ag Dept or Pat Maple. Except of coarse what you can pull from google. In other words, you're full of hot air and have no credibility.So tell me, what kind of welding did your Dad mainly do? Surely you can answer that question, he is your Dad. Please be specific, your credibility is on the line. And btw, who did he work for?

• posted at 5:54 am on Wed, Jan 13, 2010.

well as much fun as I've had today! I have some real life issues to deal with. i cant spend my whole day here pointing out you contradictions!!!

• posted at 5:40 am on Wed, Jan 13, 2010.

you say you retired because of your quintuple bypayss( which bu the way you didnt even know the name for)"I stand on my record any day... As for why I retired...you try a 5-way bypass and tell me about it. "thats a quote from quite a few quotes back. then we have the Lodi news sentinel story in which you gave them a quote of "I think it's pretty obvious what's happening and I don't want to be a part of it," Maple said.He would not elaborate on that comment or on his disagreements with other board members so which is it????oh i see your skewing the facts to make it look the way you want it to!!!!!!

• posted at 5:36 am on Wed, Jan 13, 2010.

HIS father was a welder and a junk man in Dallas...and wanted better for his son. It's called getting an education.

• posted at 5:34 am on Wed, Jan 13, 2010.

Quote? Your research is flawed...I had already had the surgery. As far as what I said to the LNS...or for that matter anyone else or any blog or story...history has proven me correct. My next predictions for the district are to be put into the Program Improvement system and then bankruptcy. The new Superintendent won't last two years.

• posted at 5:32 am on Wed, Jan 13, 2010.

" No...just a brain and the ability to use it...like the doctors who perfected my surgery...like my cousin Bill in Dallas who saved over 15,000 lives in his 30 years has a trauma surgeon at Parkland Hospital. Most of them were young people with no education but knew how to shoot a gun...and dumb enough to use it for a robbery. Go hunting I say "ROFLMAO what does your cousin in dallas have to do with this !!!

• posted at 5:24 am on Wed, Jan 13, 2010.

• posted at 5:20 am on Wed, Jan 13, 2010.

Lodibill i know of many welders who make 100,000 a year. you see my father was a welder most of my life so dont tell me what they make. and i was not attacking anyone i was simply stating what anyone can find with a simple search of his name...and he did QUIT the school board!!! check the link from a few posts back and i QUOTE "According to Galt High Superintendent Tom Gemma, Maple left a note on Gemma's desk Thursday morning saying he would no longer be serving on the board, effective 2 p.m."I think it's pretty obvious what's happening and I don't want to be a part of it," Maple said.He would not elaborate on that comment or on his disagreements with other board members. So there you go in black and white HE QUIT!!!! no mention of i need to resign due to my health or i need to have a quintuple bypass to save my life. so what ya got for me now!!

• posted at 5:20 am on Wed, Jan 13, 2010.

Stuck: The same arguments can be made about truck mechanics and drivers, oil workers, health care workers, doctors and on and on...you are arguing avacados and peaches...we are arguing parity and equity. The US Supreme Court ruled in the 70's for Title IX and in favor of equality for women in education and sports. In the 80's they ruled on the equal education clause. Farming is a great profession and the people (most) are hard working individuals...that has nothing to do with the education of ALL students. The education system is for ALL students and ALL students should receive the same resources to support their programs. Music, math, science, drama, health, business, english, history...Be a minion for ALL students not just your favorites...I was.

• posted at 5:12 am on Wed, Jan 13, 2010.

AHHH LOL You see Mr Maple what you seemed to miss is that im YOUNG i wont need a quintuple bypass surgey anytime soon. and for your info i know what that surgery requires. as for you record. im sure that you love to stand on it as it makes you seem more important than you really are, and it also gives you the oppotunity to tower over everyone else and TRY to bully everyone into thinking that your always right. well i dont really care what budget committee your on. you have a vendetta against the AG dept, for whatever reason is unimportant, I believe its a personal vendetta and from what ive read, alot of people are tired of hearing you spout your self centered opinions. Having had a quintuple bypass should you really be getting yourself all worked up about something as trivial as an ag dept at a school that you don't attend and from what i've read your children no longer attend! i've found posts from you from a year ago spouting the same things as you are here. get over it!!!!!its getting old

• posted at 5:04 am on Wed, Jan 13, 2010.

Stuck-First off, I was coming to the defense of Pat due to the fact YOU started with the, "revealed alot about you. like the fact that you QUIT the school board and the rumors flying around" attacks. You obviously don't know much about P Maple or the Ag Dept for that matter. "about the ag dept not the welding dept". The Ag Dept IS THE WELDING Dept.!!! You may have been raised in Galt but you've lost touch. Further, without a bunch of overtime it's pretty hard for a welder to make 100K. And the thought of paying someone to teach someone how to weld over 100K is absurd. If you don't believe me check into private instructors get paid. It's in the 50K area.

• posted at 3:07 am on Wed, Jan 13, 2010.

Ahhhh...read it stuck...I have nothing against the program or teachers or anyone...JUST that the program is bloated, overrated and pulls way too much away from the other programs...85% of the discretionary funds for one program vs 15% for the other 34. NOW they have borrowed $2 Million for that same program which will force ALL of the OTHER programs to make cuts all the while NO CUTS will be made to the Ag program...I am on their budget (scapegoat) committee so I am hearing it first-hand...unlike the information that you are quoting (you live in SF remember). There is also nothing in the article about my having bypass surgery (they whack your chest open to do that)or any of the complications that follow. You should try it sometime. I can stand on my record...can you?

• posted at 2:59 am on Wed, Jan 13, 2010.

Lodibill maybe you should check your facts the quote that your referring to is about the ag dept not the welding dept. i happen to know personally that Farmers and Welders can surpass what most of these teachers currently earn yearly so id like you to explain what is so terrible about our children being taught these trades. without these two professions you wouldn't have a car to drive or and ambulance to ride in when you need quadruple or what ever it was surgery. with out farmers you wouldn't have food on your table to feed you or your family. or textiles to make the clothes to cover your body and keep you warm.

• posted at 2:51 am on Wed, Jan 13, 2010.

lodibill and Pat Maple. nowhere in the article published in the Lodi News Sentinel on 6/14/07 does it say that he retired due to bypass surgery. why don't you go check it out for your self along with all the quotes that people posted about you on this website https://www.zoominfo.com/people/Maple_Pat_178867221.aspx and once again i am not a minion for anyone at Galt high school in fact i haven't set foot on that campus except to vote once or twice before i moved from the city of Galt. I have resided in the bay area for many years now. so ill ask the question one more time what do you have against the ag dept and the two teachers that make over $100,000 a year??? i'm really starting to see that the majority of the posts that i've read about you are true.

• posted at 1:25 am on Wed, Jan 13, 2010.

Stuck: You are a minion for the Ag Dept. Be one for the Band Dept it could use several of them. Bill: I agree...there are BAD teachers and good ones. I could name a few but...Teaching a child how to raise a pig or chicken should be done in 4H and in many cases is...welding has apprenticeship programs as do mechanics and electricians. There you do not need to have a higher education other than apprenticeship school and experience. My friends son earns almost $33ph as a plumber. My employees are paid upwards of $24ph but the work is hard, a different hard, and there is nothing wrong with those jobs, except they wear you out physically.

• posted at 11:51 pm on Tue, Jan 12, 2010.

Notstuckinlodi-Pat M "retired" due to a quadruple (or something) bypass surgery. (Don't quote me on the details) So you might want to google him again and check your facts."build this dept into what is is today"What is that exactly? So we'd rather be known for sending welders out in the world than Doctors or even overpaid Teachers?

• posted at 11:44 pm on Tue, Jan 12, 2010.

Teach247365-"Name one job that doesn't require an education or extensive training or experience that pays $34/hr."Apparently you suffer from the same malady that the others do. READ IT.Every example you provided requires an Eduacation. You failed to name even one. It boils down to this. Based upon the amount of work they do, the effort/time they put into the job, the qualifications, the supply and demand of the position tenured teachers are overpaid. When you teachers clean up your profession and stop protecting the BAD teachers with the CTA Union and start producing higher test scores then we can start talking about you making six figures. But until then my opinion is that people that make a living teaching welding or how to color in the lines shouldn't be making 100K+.

• posted at 2:50 pm on Tue, Jan 12, 2010.

i hate to break it to you but you dont have a say anymore remember YOU QUIT. if youd like to think you retired then hey its your choice i suggest you google yourself and see what it is that your peers think of you. not very flattering posts!!!

• posted at 2:45 pm on Tue, Jan 12, 2010.

LOL seems i struck a nerve. as i recall the article i read about your SO CALLED retirement didnt mention the word retire it said you left a note on someones desk saying that you quit effective 2pm today. wow when you retire people throw you a party, seems to me the people of galt threw a party because you left!!! and no im not a minion for the dept! the only time i ever set foot in the ag building was to collect roll call sheets or buy a soda from the machine. so maybe you should think again. im a thirtysomething graduate of Galt High school who has nothing better to do at the moment then ask you once again... WHAT IS IT YOU HAVE AGAINST THE AG DEPT AND THE TWO TEACHERS WHO MAKE OVER 100,00 A YEAR??? it seems to me (and alot of others from the posts i found in the google search) that you just like to hear yourself talk. and when everyone figured this out about you, you quit and ran off with your tail inbetween your legs.

• posted at 12:13 pm on Tue, Jan 12, 2010.

Bully? Can you give me a concrete example? You call expecting people to do their jobs (especially Board members) bullying, I call it integrity. How many Board meeting did you attend and witness this bullying? Heresay? Shoot the messenger? Sticking up for the other kids isn't bullying, it is doing my job. I worked for ALL of the parents and kids...even the Ag students...ask the welding teacher who donated a portable wire-feed welder to his program when he didn't have one. Use the whole story with details and background next time.

• posted at 8:19 am on Tue, Jan 12, 2010.

Struck a nerve...you obviously a minion for this department. There are three of them in baseball who are playing AAA level and soon will make the bigs. Had James Amos been give proper care for his shoulders he would have made the pros. But enough of that. You think it is okay to spend exorbitant amounts of money on one program and none of the other 34...I don't. You prefer to teach students $12ph jobs...I don't. You prefer to bash the messenger...I don't. As for my fourteen years...$24M at GHS, a new High School and test scores that were well on their way to National prominence. I stand on my record any day... As for why I retired...you try a 5-way bypass and tell me about it.

• posted at 7:59 am on Tue, Jan 12, 2010.

Oh and Pat Maple I did do some research before i decided to spar with you over this ag issue and a simple google search of PAT MAPLE GALT revealed alot about you. like the fact that you QUIT the school board and the rumors flying around about that are because some one was going to out you for the bully that you are and they way you treated the other board members. but one question remains, all of the postings that i've found from you are about the ag dept and its budget. what do you have against them???????

• posted at 7:45 am on Tue, Jan 12, 2010.

now dont get me wrong i do think that these activities are very important. they do teach kids sportsmanship, responsibility, but in today's economic times they are not essential to a child's education. I was also a member of the Galt highs band. although i enjoyed my time with the band and it afforded some adventures that i otherwise wouldn't have been on (like marching in the Disneyland parade) its not something that has contributed to paying my bills. with today's financial situations across California i think we need to focus on the programs that will help tomorrows leaders get the best educations to make the best decisions because the mess that we are leaving to future generations will need some very creative people to fix the mess that this generations leaders( that includes you with your 14 years on boards have created).

• posted at 7:34 am on Tue, Jan 12, 2010.

you tell me to know whom I bash. well let me see all the posts that ive seen from you are bashing the AG dept . So the Question here is what do you have against these teachers who have worked their entire careers to build this dept into what is is today. I think that AG is a very essential part of our worlds and teaching our children how to manage the worlds largest commodity is very important. have you not looked around the town you call home. its what alot of people call a cow town. Im not bashing Galt. I was raised in galt and attended valley oaks, galt middle school, and graduated from Galt High school. for alot of these kids it is the family business. and even a way for some of these kids to earn money to help pay for college. now lets get realistic. how many of the students that participate in other programs can make a lifetime career from it. Football- although it can help some get scholarships to college how many in Galts history have gone on to play pro ball. the same can be said about baseball, basketball...

• posted at 6:54 am on Tue, Jan 12, 2010.

The average salary for a dental hygenist (associates degree) is $66570. Divide that by 240 days, that's $277.38/day. That's $34.67/hr.IT Support has a similar salary to that of a dental hygenist, with no requirement of a degree.RNs are another example. A bachelors will certainly get even more money, but there are many nurses who start out with only an associates.I did not say that teachers are underpaid. I only said that they are NOT overpaid, especially for their education and experience. Most teachers I know work far more than 186 days per year. I know I go on every weekend, as well as multiple days during the summer. I spend plenty of time outside of my day planning lessons and grading assignments. Most of the teachers on my campus are the same way.

• posted at 4:26 am on Tue, Jan 12, 2010.

Not stuck: Food is important...so are our children...especially their health. GHS dropped their health program and got rid of their sports trainer in order to maintain their Ag program. There are a LOT of good teachers on the GHS campus...engineering being one of them...National recognition (copied by nearly every district around. Band does a great job too. How many questions are on the state tests for pigs? What about welding? How many on the SAT's? The real point comes back to parity and availability of an education for ALL of the students...not just the Ag Dept...which constitutes about 100 students vs 2000.The Ag Dept receives 85% of the discretionary funding...34 other programs get 15%. NOW the morons have borrowed $2M for their vaunted program ($205K in payments for 15 years)which constitutes a whopping $400K burden on the budget yearly all the while forcing the other programs to take MORE cuts. None for the Ag Dept though.Don't condesend to me about children...I have spent 25 years coaching them and 14 years on Boards...and I did a pretty good job...so, know of whom you bash.

• posted at 11:33 pm on Mon, Jan 11, 2010.

Oh and let's not forget.Test scores are down, way down.Are we getting our monies worth?

• posted at 11:31 pm on Mon, Jan 11, 2010.

2much-My choices were sound. You know what they say, those that can do, those that can't teach.

• posted at 11:29 pm on Mon, Jan 11, 2010.

teach247365-Name one job that doesn't require an education or extensive training or experience that pays $34/hr.NAME ONE. The only jobs that I know that pay that require years of experience with some very specific training and certifications or require an education. Name one please.

• posted at 11:25 pm on Mon, Jan 11, 2010.

Maybe some of you should go back to school and learn how to read from those overpaid teachers, eh?I didn't say I made LESS than 100K a year. I said I wish I could work 180 days a year AND make 100K. READ it.Teacher factsHere are some quick facts about the profession of teaching in California, according to the California Teachers Association.184 days per year in a typical teacher's contract (180 instructional days + 4 staff development days) 10 months in a typical teachers contract (mid-August to mid-June) 10 days of personal/sick time per year (unused days are applied as service credit at retirement, which boosts retirement pay) Now let's do some quick math, shall we?Let's see now, most people work 5 days a week x 4 weeks a month = 20 days a month x 12 months a year = 240 days a year. Or in other words nearly 60 days more per year than teachers. Or expressed as a % it's roughly 33% MORE than teachers.So how is it possible that you think they are underpaid?

• posted at 3:48 pm on Mon, Jan 11, 2010.

lodibill:You could have made that money if you decided to teach school! Just because you didn’t choose a more lucrative profession, don’t mock those that did. We all make our choices in life.

• posted at 3:39 pm on Mon, Jan 11, 2010.

Im sorry Mr Maple are you saying that food is not important. I seem to remember learning before i could walk, talk, or even feed myself that food is not only IMPORTANT but essential to live. so teaching our high school children this lesson, is very important if you ask me. although i was never an ag student, i had many friends that were. and i know that these two ag teachers that you speak of are very good at what they do. i seem to remember at least one year, that Galt's Ag dept was ranked #1 Personally i would like to know what it is you have against the ag dept and those particular teachers. i noticed that you were commenting on the other stories about this as well, im soory did your parents not let you have animals when you little is that why your so biased?

• posted at 8:44 am on Mon, Jan 11, 2010.

Galt High teachers are for the most part paid at parity with other districts. There are about 100 fully credentialed teachers and a few who are working on their credentials. As in any business there are those who are overpaid and those underpaid, the same holds true here. What I find interesting and troubling at the same time is that two of the highest paid teachers are Ag teachers (6 of the 100 are Ag teachers. Additionally, two of those are close to the $100K salary level)...the other three are 25-year veterans that teach core subjects. It begs the question...is the pig more important than the child? We raise pigs for food, in six months they will be on someones table. We don't eat kids.

• posted at 6:42 am on Mon, Jan 11, 2010.

P.S. The average pay per teacher is somewhere around $50,000. Divide that out and that's $34/hour for an 8 hour day. Many of these teachers have masters degrees as well. There are plenty of jobs out there that do not require a masters - or even a bachelors - that make that kind of money.

• posted at 6:34 am on Mon, Jan 11, 2010.

Let's break it down. $100,000/186 days (and that's only the days that students are in school)= $537.63/day. Divide that by 8 (name a teacher who isn't at school at least from 7:00 am - 3:30 pm - and these teachers are likely teaching an extra class, a coach, or taking on some other extra work). That's $67.20/hr. Compare that to private sector jobs that require similar education (these teachers making this money have 25+ years experience and at least a masters degree) and you will see that realistically, they are NOT overpaid. In fact, in some fields (like math or science), they are severely underpaid.

• posted at 6:18 am on Mon, Jan 11, 2010.

To "notstuckinLodi" well said. Some of the teachers on the over $100K list taught my graduates - and helped them achieve their goals of going to universities. Many teachers put in before and after school hours, and many teachers still spend their own money on school supplies. Please do not bash teachers.

• posted at 4:41 am on Mon, Jan 11, 2010.

notstuckinlodi wrote: "so if only 6 out of 100 teachers are earning over $100,000 a year i think that leaves quite a few teachers that are still underpaid."I tend to agree. I tried to find the total number of teachers in the Galt School District (perhaps someone knows) and found, according to one site, that there are 369. If only six of these teachers receive over $100,000 a year, that's only 1.6%; whereas, I couldn't find the total number of administrator. So, if those listed above are the total, then that would be 100% of administrators make over $100,000 a year.Now compare: 1.6% of those in the trenches actually teaching our children versus 100% who do what?

• posted at 3:56 am on Mon, Jan 11, 2010.

Lodibill you could. its called getting and education. and by the way all of these teachers work more than 180 days a year. teachers really only get 1 month off a year. which is not uncommon in the workforce my husband has been with his employer for over 11 years and his combined time of with vacation, personal days, and floating holidays all total 1 month. as a graduate of Galt High School, having been in most of these teachers classes they deserve every penny. do you even have a clue as to what they put up with from todays youth. we have taught our children to be disrespectful to their peers, to adults,irresponsible, and to many other to list. todays youth have a sense of entitlement that we owe them something. so if only 6 out of 100 teachers are earning over $100,000 a year i think that leaves quite a few teachers that are still underpaid. come on these are the people who are teaching our children. the generation that will be taking making the decisions for us when we are too old to take care of ourselves. well i firmly believe in "you reap what you sew"

• posted at 3:01 am on Mon, Jan 11, 2010.

Lodibill, the teachers at the beginning of the pay scale may be paid little, but tenured teachers make plenty of money for their effort. I'm sure there will be others who chime in here that these teachers earned more money through extra classes and projects. But they still got at least a month off. Making us in the real world find it hard to feel sorry for them.

• posted at 11:48 pm on Sun, Jan 10, 2010.

Wow. I wish I could work 180 days a year and ear over 100K. So much for the old "teachers are underpaid" thing.