Woman arrested in Lodi court for alleged insurance scam

Related Videos

Posted: Friday, August 7, 2009 10:00 pm

A woman arriving late to her Lodi court appearance Friday morning on a misdemeanor drunken driving case soon found herself surrounded by insurance fraud investigators and being whisked away to jail on a $250,000 warrant.

Melody Ann Mosqueda, 45, faces 13 felony charges, alleging that she was the ringleader in an insurance scheme involving fake corporations used to embezzle as much as $175,000, according to investigators.

• posted at 1:45 pm on Wed, Aug 12, 2009.

I have known this entire family for a very long time.In fact,If I remember right,R&J were about 7 or 8 yrs old when Tony and Mel married.Whether you want to admit it or not,Mel helped raise those children.During that time,she did a very good job doing just that.Both Tony and Mel were involved in all aspects of thyre life, in everything those kids did.just as they did when T&M came along.Im not trying to defend Mel,Its just that EX-STEP-MOTHER or not has anything to do with whats on this plate.I believe Tony would have never been involved in this in any way, shape or form.Mel was the insurance adjuster,It was her job.Its unfortunate this has happened.All I know is,I have know Mel since we were thirteen years old.I know where she came from and It breaks my heart to think she could turned around and do this to her kids.Im sure she will have a lot of time on her hand to think about what she did.Tony,Im sorry this has happened to you and Rachel.My heart aches.I know your life must feel tarnished or even ruined right now but I just thank God no lives were lost.

• posted at 1:39 pm on Wed, Aug 12, 2009.

• posted at 7:36 am on Wed, Aug 12, 2009.

Melody Mosqueda is Rachel's EX-stepmother. Since I'm Rachel's mother in law I think I would know for sure. Hope this sets the record straight once and for all. Her ex-stepmother used her and it will be proven in court that Rachel is innocent of all charges.

• posted at 2:25 am on Wed, Aug 12, 2009.

Well said wifeoffirefighter. Don't judge to fast. The family was manipulated and used by the step-mother. The ex-husband and step-daughter where used in her scam and totally unaware of her activities.

• posted at 10:59 am on Tue, Aug 11, 2009.

well said wifeoffirefighter. you are completely right about the identity theft. it sucks. especially when it's taken by someone you have grown to love and trust. and Robb: what does it matter?

• posted at 4:51 am on Tue, Aug 11, 2009.

wifeoffirefighter:I am not sure that I would want people to know you are related to "firemen"...

• posted at 4:39 am on Tue, Aug 11, 2009.

The Lodi News needs to get their facts straight...and understand what "innocent until proven guilty" means. Rachel Mosqueda is NOT Melody Mosqueda's daughter...she is her ex-step-daughter. Just because Melody Mosqueda made the checks out to her ex-husband and ex-step-daughter does not mean they're the ones who cashed the checks. Ever hear of identity theft? It sucks when someone steals your identity...even worse when it's someone you know who does it.

• posted at 7:19 pm on Mon, Aug 10, 2009.

By the way, has anyone heard any new information on the Stkn Courtroom Security problems? Sheriff Moore stated in a previous article that he believes in transparency and would be providing the public a full report on what actually occurred. http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090516/A_NEWS/905160318Mistakes were obviously made, the question is where? Where is that report, in the name of transparency? Or is this just one of the Sheriff's avoidance tactics/lies in thinking we would forget his promise to the public.

• posted at 3:52 pm on Mon, Aug 10, 2009.

No, none of the kids were ever killed in an accident. They had 4 kids, not 3. The 2 older ones(including the one brought into this mess)are NOT HERS. The EX husband and EX STEP-daughter are innocent here and are the victims. I just pray that she does the right thing for them this time, and justice be served.

• posted at 3:25 pm on Mon, Aug 10, 2009.

jbhiker Let Me Help You, Your Head.......Hip Hop.....I Don't Know What That Mean's? I Like Cheese.

• posted at 4:19 am on Mon, Aug 10, 2009.

.The Mosqueda's used to run the Galt Jr Warriors AAU Basketball program. Parents who were in that program might want to look into whether funds were embezzled.Also, I believe one of their daughters was killed in an automobile accident some years ago. I wonder if that was an event that may have triggered the illegal behavior for some reason?

• posted at 9:46 am on Sun, Aug 9, 2009.

Galt Citizen wrote: "How can they think they would never get caught?"The criminal mind is mysterious. The statements that her former husband and daughter are both facing charges is a clue to issue. Poor parenting skills cannot be offset with money. There should be additional charges for child abuse.

• posted at 8:09 am on Sun, Aug 9, 2009.

This is a sad story. Her and Tony and her 3 kids lived in Galt and lived down the street. She has 2 children under the age of 18. Hopefully they can learn from their parents mistakes. They lived the high life when we knew them, now I know why! How can they think they would never get caught.

• posted at 2:52 am on Sun, Aug 9, 2009.

So somehow DC Healthcare is going to cause MORE embezzlement? Associated Press updated 12:21 p.m. PT, Wed., July 29, 2009MIAMI - Federal authorities arrested 32 people, including doctors, in a major health care fraud bust Wednesday in New York, Louisiana, Boston and Houston, targeting scams such as "arthritis kits" — expensive braces that many patients never used.lodivice - stick you head back in the sand and be quiet now.

• posted at 4:17 pm on Sat, Aug 8, 2009.

The family that steals togetherstays together... in jail.

• posted at 4:32 am on Sat, Aug 8, 2009.

Wait Til Your DC Health Care Gets Here, This Was Just A Taste Of Things To Come. Lets All Eat Greed Cake, Its So Good.

• posted at 3:11 am on Sat, Aug 8, 2009.

Lovely family! She should not have bought the wine!