Dear Barbara: I was trying to melt some chocolate for a recipe, and it looked great. Suddenly it turned into a dull, thick paste. I didn’t know what I should do, so I threw it out. What should I have done? — Connie from Lodi
Dear Connie: You did exactly what you should have done! What happened to your chocolate is called “seizing.” It can happen for several reasons. The most common cause of seizing is moisture getting into the chocolate. Even one drop, even a damp spoon, can make a whole pan of chocolate seize up. It is very sensitive to moisture.
You must login to view the full content on this page.
Or, use your linked account: