1. Who was the Parks and Recreation director responsible for establishing the Lodi Arts Commission?
A. Larry Hansen
B. Bill Murray
C. Ed DeBenedetti
2. How many Arts Commissioners currently serve?
3. Who was the first arts chairwoman and also Lodi’s Woman of the Year?
A. Laura Heinitz
B. Sarah Silverman
C. Gwin Mitchell Paden
4. Who was the first performer at Night Time Live?
A. Stevie Nicks
B. Marlo Kerner
C. Mambo Hernandez
5. Where was the original Arts Commission office?
A. Carnegie Library
B. Woodbridge Feed & Fuel
C. Lodi High band room
6. In what year did the office move to Hutchins Street Square?
7. What was the commission’s first project and when was it established?
A. The NightTime Live concert series featuring jazz entertainment; 1984
B. A community arts calendar to be published monthly in the Lodi News-Sentinel; 1982.
C. The First Friday Art Hop, 1981
8. In August of 2002, LAC created a poetry series. What was the name of the series?
A. Starry Night Poetry
B. Jewel of the Valley
C. Cowboys Have Heart Poetry
9. In May 2006, the Art in Public Places Committee selected a winner of art work for what very visible
A. The Lodi Water Tower
B. The Lodi train station
C. The Lodi Arch
10. Who was the winner of the Lodi City Flag contest held in May 1993?
A. Pepe Pool
B. David Lucas
C. Patrick O’Connell
1. C — Ed DeBenedetti
2. B — Nine commissioners
3. C — Gwin Mitchell Paden
4. B — Marlo Kerner
5. A — Carnegie Library
6. B — 1998.
7. B — A community arts calendar to be published monthly in the Lodi News-Sentinel; 1982.
8. B — Jewel of the Valley
9. A — The Lodi Water Tower
10. C — Patrick O’Connell
— Source: Deanie Bridewell and News-Sentinel Staff