From sand castles to popsicles, here are 25 ways to savor summertime.
1. Eat cotton candy at the Grape Festival.
2. See a blockbuster at the drive-in theater.
3. Take your spouse on a date that ends under the stars.
4. Make sweet tea the way they do in the South: More sugar than H20.
5. Ride the Giant Dipper roller- coaster at the Boardwalk.
6. Pick blackberries on country roads; visit blueberry farms.
7. Hang a hammock in the tree or on your front porch.
8. Lay on the grass at an outdoor concert.
9. Build a sand castle.
10. Play miniature golf.
11. Catch crabs and then eat them with your hands.
12. Catch up on a trashy romance novel. If it makes you feel better, wrap a cover around it.
13. Run out to the ice cream truck and buy a Rocket popsicle.
14. Shop the Farmers Market.
15. Make a pitcher — or two — of sangria with red and white wines and fruit juice.
16. Gather the dogs, kids and your significant other, and sleep in a tent in the backyard.
17. Make a summer playlist or download audiobooks for the beach and sunset runs.
18. Collect sand dollars at low tide. Pismo Beach is a great place to roam at sunrise.
19. Sing karaoke. (El Rancho, Garry’s Lounge, The Stadium, Vintage Sports Grill and Cactus in Woodbridge have karaoke throughout the week.)
20. Pack a picnic for the park.
21. Ride a tandem bicycle.
22. Attend and evening baseball game; watch the Ports.
23. Roast corn on the barbie.
24. Make a bouquet of wildflowers.
25. Go on a full moon paddle with the Lodi Paddle Club.