American Cowgirl

Posted: Friday, November 28, 2008 10:00 pm

As night fell over the green pastures of Colorado Springs, Colo., lights flickered off in scattered farmhouses. The summer welcomed warm evenings, and three sisters found adventure in sleeping under the Colorado stars. It was a summertime excursion, a taste of freedom as they stayed up as late as they could and slept in their regular clothes.

As the night grew darker and the air started to cool, Beverly Sparrowk was awake and excited by the fantasy of becoming a cowgirl. She knew an opportunity to taste the reality of that life was only across the property line.

• posted at 4:01 am on Fri, Dec 5, 2008.

Thanks Lodian... you have a great Christmas too!I'd buy a book too

• posted at 3:50 am on Fri, Dec 5, 2008.

Beverly Sparrowk: I think you should write a book. Your life is fascinating. I would buy a few copies! And it's not just the horse lover aspect of your story. It's how you went for what your heart desired with such passion. I love that! Please write a book so that we can all enjoy your life story. Happy trails!

• posted at 3:27 am on Fri, Dec 5, 2008.

WY: Yep, can't keep me away from the ponies! :-) I work on the computer so it's a hop skip and a jump for me to stop by here on the blogs. It has been disappointing what has been allowed here though. Hopefully it will improve, but it looks to be starting up again. It sounds like a wonderful opportunity you have to keep in touch with the soldiers. That's really great of you to keep up with them. I just got done sending some packages to them. It's hard to even imagine what it must be like for our soldiers out there especially at this time of year when families traditionally get together. It's got to be unimaginable out there for these brave souls. Well, I hope to see your input around here more often, when you get the chance. I hate to see the good people stop posting, but it's understandable. I'm just stubborn. ;-) Well, I wish you a very Merry Christmas. May you be blessed with love, health, family and friends. God bless. Take care... and happy riding! :-)

• posted at 12:20 pm on Wed, Dec 3, 2008.

I knew I'd see you on this story.

• posted at 12:20 pm on Wed, Dec 3, 2008.

It was depressing, all the fighting and rude comments. I have a cup of coffee in the morning and IM with two Soldiers I adopted back when my brother was in Iraq. **== They are on a second deployment. One female about our age, and one male. I send them packages and support them the best I can. Then Kids, school, animals, a job, the house...etc. You know the drill. Not much time to hang out on the blogs anymore. But it's always good yap'n with you. :)

• posted at 11:06 am on Tue, Dec 2, 2008.

WY: Your comments here on the blogs have been missed. RF has run amuck and got many boards shut down with all the hoopla. Stop by soon and add your two cents. They are welcomed. I'll be at the parade too! See ya there! :-)

• posted at 5:27 pm on Mon, Dec 1, 2008.

Lodian... Thanks, I did have a good day. I went out today in the cold wet foggy air. The horses were kinda jumpy in the fog but got use to it after about fifteen minutes or so out on trail. I haven't been blog'n much , I spend my computer time corresponding with two Soldiers in Iraq now. I feel it's a better use of my time,especially this time of year. I still like to chime in from time to time. be good, have a nice Christmas Season. I'll be at the parade somewhere around all the ponies. Wave to us!!!

• posted at 10:41 am on Mon, Dec 1, 2008.

WY: Ya, it was a gorgeous day on Thanksgiving. Perfect for a ride. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

• posted at 7:47 am on Sun, Nov 30, 2008.

Lodian... I had Thanksgiving at mom's this year... no left overs. Bummer. Good for you on the ride in the sunshine. I just got back from mucking the poo. No ride today but I'm out tomorrow for sure. To bad we couldn't hit the trail together. Maybe someday. :)

• posted at 7:36 am on Sun, Nov 30, 2008.

WY: Actually, I Just got back. Hubby is making lunch (turkey sandwiches...Yum!). What a beautiful day!

• posted at 7:33 am on Sun, Nov 30, 2008.

WY: Yep!

• posted at 2:34 am on Sat, Nov 29, 2008.

Lodian... you still riding? :)

• posted at 2:33 am on Sat, Nov 29, 2008.

What a great roll model for little girls. I would love my daughter to meet Mrs. Sparrowk. What a cool story! What a cool life!

• posted at 1:04 am on Sat, Nov 29, 2008.

Lauren Nelson: Nice work.

• posted at 1:03 am on Sat, Nov 29, 2008.

Mrs. Sparrowk: I enjoyed reading your story very much. What a wonderful life!