We have not had Summer School in the Lodi Unified School District for several years now and we will have it once again, beginning June 9.
Summer School is intended to help students who may need remediation or to make up a class if they are credit deficient or not on track to graduate. If a student has previously (or currently) failed a class or needs to repeat a course to receive credits toward graduation, he or she is encouraged to sign up for Summer School.
Summer School will be held at Bear Creek High School and Tokay High School this summer. Students are encouraged to sign up as soon as possible as space may be limited.
If you have questions please contact your student’s high school counselor.
1st semester: June 9 to 24, Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 12:55 p.m.
2nd semester: June 25 to July 11, Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 12:55 p.m.
First day of school attendance is mandatory to secure your spot. Students may not have more than one absence in each semester class. If a second absence occurs, the student will be dropped from the class resulting in the loss of all credit. There are no excused absences. Three tardies will be equivalent to one absence.
- Priority based upon student grade level and need.
- No make up, Saturday school or take home packets will be available.
- Summer school courses are not weighted for GPA purposes.
- No transportation provided.
- All classes conditional to student enrollment.
- Zero tolerance with any violation of LUSD Student Conduct Code.
- Register at your school. Registration forms will be available at your school site.
Courses: English 9 CP, English 10 CP, English 11 CP, Physical Education 1 & 2, Health and Safety, Driver’s Education, HS Algebra, U.S. History CP, World History CP, Geometry (Applied and CP), Earth/Physical Science CP
Classes held at Bear Creek and Tokay high schools. Specify preferred site when registering. Counselor signature and approval are required for all registrations.