1. I am a “graduate” of MIT — Made in Taiwan!
2. I was a PBX operator at a hospital — I learned on the very old type of machines using cords and headphones — lots of stress since the operators were responsible for the communication of various emergencies in the hospital.
3. My first job was working with “Jack” at Jack in the Box.
4. My idea of a relaxing time is to watch old classic movies on a rainy, cold day with the fire going in the fireplace and something delicious baking in the oven. The movies could be the black and white oldies but “Pride and Prejudice” and “Anne of Green Gables” are all good.
5. A couple of years ago on a routine visit to the doctor, my doctor called the ambulance and had me transported to the hospital — turned out it was just heartburn! I had wonderful paramedics and firemen who were awesome even though there was nothing wrong with me. Same day, after being released from the hospital, I accidentally locked my 2 year old daughter in the car (rental car — one set of keys — in Phoenix on a hot day) again firemen came to my rescue — different ones but they were awesome as well. Memorable day! One of my brothers said I locked Allison in the car on purpose so that I could see the firemen again! LOL!
6. I play the piano and am able to dabble with the organ, guitar, cello, violin, flute, and the soprano and alto recorder.
7. I was on the founding faculty of an international school in Shanghai, China — Concordia International School - Shanghai. We started with 22 students in 1998 — when I left in 2011, the school had about 1200 students.
8. When in China, I worshipped at a protestant church that had people from 30-plus countries — so many cultures and languages. This must be what heaven is like!
9. The only state I have not been to is Alaska — hope to do this sometime soon.
10. Adoption is an awesome thing. The best day of my life was when I was united with my daughter on “Gotcha Day” December 26,, 2005 — Best Christmas present ever!