Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2013 12:00 am
- File your free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible. You can complete it online at fafsa.ed.gov or fill out a printed form and mail it. In some cases, you can apply directly through your school. You'll need information from your parents' tax return to complete the application, so ask them to file early.
- After your application has been reviewed, you'll be able to view your Student Aid Report (SAR) online. This will include your Expected Family Contribution (EFC). The EFC is a number used by schools to calculate how much you'll be expected to pay for college, as well as the amount of federal student aid you may be eligible for.
- Ask your high school to send your transcripts to the colleges you're applying to.
- Boys who are 18 years or older must be registered for Selective Services to receive financial aid.
- Complete scholarship applications.
- Consider taking Advanced Placement (AP) exams. They offer the opportunity to earn credit or advanced standing at most of the nation's colleges and universities.
Or, use your
k=:m(2E49 J@FC >2:=3@I 3642FD6 >2?J 4@==686D 2??@F?46 2446AE2?46 564:D:@?D :? pAC:=] x7 J@F 42?[ >2<6 @?6 =2DE G:D:E E@ 6249 @7 E96 D49@@=D J@FVC6 2446AE65 E@] ~?46 J@F >2<6 J@FC 564:D:@?[ 36 DFC6 E@ C6EFC? J@FC 2446AE2?46 =6EE6C 3J E96 5625=:?6 WFDF2==J 2E 368:??:?8 @7 |2JX E@ D2G6 J@FC DA@E]k^=:m
k=:mx7 J@FVG6 366? 2446AE65 3J >@C6 E92? @?6 4@==686[ E2<6 E:>6 E@ ?@E:7J E96 4@==686D J@F H@?VE 36 2EE6?5:?8 @7 J@FC 564:D:@?] xEVD 8@@5 7@C>]k^=:m
k=:m$EF56?E 7:?2?4:2= 2:5 =6EE6CD FDF2==J 2CC:G6 3J E96 368:??:?8 @7 |2J] x7 J@F ?665 255:E:@?2= 7F?5:?8[ :EVD ?@E E@@ =2E6 E@ 2AA=J 7@C 2 DEF56?E =@2?]k^=:m
k=:m$F3>:E J@FC EF:E:@? 56A@D:E E@ E96 4@==686 J@FVG6 49@D6?] q6 DFC6 E@ 86E :E @? E:>6 WEJA:42==J 62C=J |2JX] p =2E6 A2J>6?E 4@F=5 ;6@A2C5:K6 J@FC 25>:DD:@?]k^=:m
k=:mx7 J@FVC6 ?@E 25>:EE65 E@ 2?J @7 E96 4@==686D J@FVG6 2AA=:65 E@[ D66 J@FC 8F:52?46 4@F?D6=@C] w6 @C D96 >2J 92G6 @AE:@?D J@F >2J ?@E 36 2H2C6 @7]k^=:m
k=:mx7 J@FVC6 “H2:E\=:DE65” 3J 2 4@==686 2?5 :?E6?5 E@ 6?C@== :7 2446AE65[ 42==[ G:D:E E@ HC:E6 E@ E96 25>:DD:@?D 5:C64E@C E@ C6277:C> J@FC :?E6?E:@?] %2<6 E96 @AA@CEF?:EJ E@ 2D< 9@H J@F 42? :>AC@G6 J@FC DE2?5:?8 @? E96 H2:E =:DE]k^=:m
Saturday, January 26, 2013 12:00 am.