Tokay High School
During third quarter, counselors will meet with current ninth- through 11th-graders for planning for the 2013-14 school year.
Tokay High School’s Eighth Grade Parents Night will be held on Feb. 21 in the Tokay Cafeteria from 6:30 to 8 p.m. This is an opportunity for parents to find out more about Tokay High School.
Tokay Counseling will also be holding private and non-traditional schools registration on Feb. 28 in the Tokay Library from 3:45 to 5 p.m. This is an opportunity for students from private schools, charter schools and other non-traditional feeder schools to come and hear about Tokay High and its programs, and register for classes. Parents planning to complete enrollment paperwork at that time will need to provide address verification, student’s birth certificate, and student shot records.
Bear Creek High School
From counselor Ms. Pham-Peck to ALL seniors:
Seniors going to a four-year college: Make the most of your winter break!
- Plan your interview and finish up the college application process.
- Complete your FAFSA as soon as you can to ensure you get the most money for college. Application opens Jan. 1.
- Cross everything off your post-application checklist.
- To facilitate this happy ending, it’s time to sweat the details. You don’t want to find yourself in a situation where a silly mistake or omission compromises your chances of attending your dream school.
- Request that your high school send your first semester grades to every college that you applied to. Remember, schools will continue to track your grades as you finish out your senior year, so now’s no time to slack.
- Verify with your counselor that your transcripts, letters of recommendation, and test scores have been sent to your prospective schools.
- Send an email or make a phone call to make sure your colleges have received your application. While you’re at it, check to see that they have everything else they need, including your transcripts and financial aid material.
- Continue your hunt for scholarship money.