Your child can be college AND career ready upon graduation from high school!
- Going to college AND preparing for a career doesn’t have to be “either/or.”
- Lodi Unified School District high school students can enroll in a wide variety of Career and Technical Education (CTE) courses.
- Eighteen of these courses are articulated with San Joaquin Delta College, which means students can earn college credit while taking a high school CTE course without ever actually attending Delta College.
- Students with college credit are given earlier college registration times than those without college credit.
- Having a college transcript as a high school graduate shows colleges and universities that students can perform college-level work.
- CTE courses provide opportunities for students to experience relevant, hands-on experience in a host of careers while still in high school.
- CTE courses also provide opportunities for students to experience relevant, hands-on experience in a host of careers before investing thousands of dollars and four years in a college major.
- Some CTE courses provide industry certification in viable local industries.
- Many CTE courses prepare students for certification exams.
- All CTE courses help students develop transferable life and workplace skills that apply to college and careers.
For more information please contact Bill Atterberry or Deborah Chiene at 209-331-7617.