1. Apply to multiple places: this way you will have a back up, just in case one of them doesn’t work out
2. Dress professionally and modestly for your interview: most manager look at features first, so its important to make a good first impression
3. Sit up straight: Sitting up straight makes the manager know that you are interested in your position that you are applying for.
4. Maintain eye contact: It's important to keep eye contact when being interviewed because it shows confidence and that you're serious about getting the position.
5. Act and talk professionally: Make sure that you don't use profanity when speaking. Still remember to be yourself, but in a more reserved manner. Greet him/her as sir or ma'am and shake their hand introducing yourself.
6. Create a resume and use your parents as references: They've been through the job application process before, so they’re the best and most accessible people to come to for additional tips or advice.
7. Keep your social medias clean: Don't post anything inappropriate or vulgar because some jobs look at facebook, twitter, or instagram before accepting you.
8. Have a good work ethic: Having a base work ethic, even in schoolwork, is always important so you can get tasks done efficiently. Let the manager know you're a hard worker and you can do anything that needs to be done. Talk about how you would benefit the workplace with your skills.
9. Do good in school: It's important not to let a job get in the way of school. A first job is only temporary, its important to maintain good grades so you will be able to get a good career in the future.
10. Smile and be yourself!: Yes, act professional, but don't let the pressure change you.