The Conflict Mediation class at Bear Creek High School has come up with a “Top 10” list of things to do if you’re being bullied:
1. Tell a teacher, adult or administration for guidance. Administration is always there to help you, not hurt you.
2. Ignore them: Act like it doesn’t bother you, bullies like to see they’re effecting you.
3. Kill them with kindness.
4. Confront them.
5. Build self confidence: surround people who support you.
6. Don’t bully back: the last thing you want to do is add more fuel to the fire.
7. Stay in groups of friends or adults.
8. Redirect your anger into positive activities: join a club or sport with people you like to be around.
9. Believe in yourself.
10. Go to link crew, student groups or conflict mediation.
Help is available for you! Get the issue out in the open. You don’t have to go through it alone.