In 1925, the Lodi Fire Department proudly displayed its modern equipment outside the city’s fire station on Main Street. The city’s ladder truck is on the left, and the fire engine that pumped water is on the right. The brick building housed Lodi’s city government, including the fire department, police department and all city offices from 1912 to 1928. The building originally cost $3,998. When the police and city offices moved into the new City Hall on Pine Street in 1928, the building became the fire department’s main station until the department moved to its new main station on Elm Street in 1967. The Main Street building has been unoccupied since, and still stands today as a historic reminder of the city’s beginnings.