Seeing double at Lodi Arch
This vintage photograph shows a double image of the Lodi Arch. Sometime after 1910, the Irey Brothers decorated their wagons with Lodi's fine grapes and a replica of the arch. Here, the wagon on parade down Sacramento Street pauses in front of the arch. The arch was built in 1907 for Lodi's first harvest celebration, the Tokay Carnival. The letters "Lodi," lined with electric lights, were added in 1910.
© Copyright 2016, Lodinews.com, Lodi, CA. Powered by Blox CMS from TownNews.com.