This vintage photograph shows Downtown Lodi after a recent rain between 1906 and 1913. Looking north, this street scene shows the intersection of Pine and Sacramento streets. The rails of the Central California Traction Company can be seen in the center of the street. This electric train service connected Lodi with Stockton and Sacramento, and the rails were laid in Downtown Lodi in 1906. The east side of the street, on the right, shows the palm trees lining the Southern Pacific Railroad property by the train tracks. Horses and buggies were tied up at rails placed on that side of the street. The west side of the street, on the left, was lined with business buildings including the Bank of Lodi at the northwest corner. The bank was located there from 1888 to December 1913, when it moved to a new building constructed across the street.