Fall is here and it is a wonderful time of year in the Valley; cooling temperatures, light breezes and golden hues. We have a lot to be grateful for here, especially our location to some amazing fall experiences.
- Apple Hill — I can't believe it when I hear that people haven't taken the short trek up the hill to enjoy this. In our family, it is a fall tradition. We go apple-picking for the day and bring home buckets and buckets of apples. We then deliver them to our friends and family, and I make an apple-themed dinner and an apple pie.
- Michael & David's — Sometimes locals don't take time to enjoy the fun local stuff. A visit to Michael & David's in the fall means no long drive, pumpkins galore, fabulous wine and, best of all, the best pumpkin pie ice cream anywhere!
- Pumpkin patch — Grab a child and visit a pumpkin patch. It will get you in the mood, it's a lot of fun, and if you find the right kind of pumpkin, you can even cook a delicious pumpkin dish. At the least you can roast the seeds — a yummy and healthy snack.
- Fall leaves — Start picking the beautiful fall leaves, especially the gorgeous yellowing grape leaves that we have in abundance around here. I love to decorate my house and table with them when entertaining, and they make fabulous décor for fall dishes.
- Picnic — Enjoy a country drive and a picnic. The fall brings such beauty to our town this time of year; grape leaves glow in amber, fields and trees get a toasty brown and our weather cools to the perfect picnic temperature, just before the damp cold of winter begins. Fall produce and local wine is in abundance. Go out and enjoy it — the season is upon us.
You must login to view the full content on this page.
Or, use your linked account: