What's the attraction?: In 1913, trains began traveling a 93-mile route between Sacramento and San Francisco. The line, originally owned by the Oakland, Antioch and Eastern Railway and purchased by the Sacramento Northern Railway in 1928, ran for nearly 75 years before it was shut down.
Now, visitors to the Western Railway Museum in Suisun can take a 50-minute ride along the line to Gum Grove, along with 15-minute streetcar rides on the museum grounds and tours of Car House One and Car House Three. The historic train collection at the museum includes more than 50 train cars, and Cameron Hall features several historical exhibits.