Jackson’s historic area can be seen below Highway 49 in Amador County.
One of Jackson’s greatest landmarks is the National Hotel, built in the 19th century. It will cost you a lot of money to eat dinner there.
A plaque about the town of Jackson can be found on the west side of Highway 49.
Want a happy chicken for breakfast? You can find one in historic Jackson.
- Not to miss
- Jackson Rancheria Casino: 12222 New York Ranch Road, east of Highway 49, 800-822-WINN, www.jacksoncasino.com.
- Kennedy Gold Mine: Near intersection of Highways 49 and 88, 209-223-9542, www.kennedygoldmine.com.
- Farmers Market on Sundays from May through October.
- Jazzin’ it up in Jackson, an evening of music, wine and beer tasting, art, shopping, Main Street on the fourth Saturday of June.
- Kennedy Mine Amphitheater, outdoor plays in the evening, summer weekends, www.mstw.org.
- National Hotel, 2 Water St., Jackson, 209-223-0500, www.nationalhoteljackson.com.
- Historic churches and cemeteries.
Posted: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 1:00 pm
Posted on May 21, 2013
Want to combine a day of exploring old mine shafts, historical buildings and gaming at an Indian casino while driving less than an hour from Lodi?
These attractions can be found in the quaint town of Jackson in the Mother Lode country.
Or, use your
Tuesday, May 21, 2013 1:00 pm.