A taste of home
From left, Maria Terry and Roger Stockton judge wine on Wednesday morning during the State Fair Home Winemaking Competition put on by the Lodi Amateur Vintners Association at Wine and Roses. (Brian Feulner/News-Sentinel)
Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 10:00 pm
Lodi may have an abundance of commercial wineries, but it's also
populated by a growing number of home winemakers.
Nowhere was that more evident than at the California State Fair
Home Winemaking Competition held Wednesday at Wine and Roses in
Lodi. About 770 amateur wines from throughout the state were being
judged by industry leaders.
Or, use your
Wednesday, July 16, 2008 10:00 pm.
- Use your real name. You must register with your full first and last name before you can comment. (And don’t pretend you’re someone else.)
- Keep it clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually oriented language.
- Don’t threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
- Be truthful. Don’t pe about anyone or anything. Don’t post unsubstantiated allegations, rumors or gossip that could harm the reputation of a person, company or organization.
- Be nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
- Stay on topic. Make sure your comments are about the story. Don’t insult each other.
- Tell us if the discussion is getting out of hand. Use the ‘Report’ pnk on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
- Share what you know, and ask about what you don’t.
- Don’t be a troll.
- We reserve the right, at our discretion, to monitor, delete or choose not to post any comment. This may include removing or monitoring posts that we bepeve violate the spirit or letter of these rules, or that we otherwise determine at our discretion needs to be monitored, not posted, or deleted.