Smith Bros. provide pesticide-free produce
Henry Smith, son of Matthew Smith, helps sell one of Smith Bros. Farming's popular watermelons.
- Five reasons to visit the Downtown Lodi Farmers Market
- Taste fresh flavors. The fruits and vegetables at the farmers market are the freshest tastes available. Produce is brought to you right from the farm, with no long-distance shipping or sitting in storage.
- Support your community. When you shop at the farmers market you are not only supporting family farmers and local artists, but also your community. The money you spend stays in the community instead of being siphoned off to large out-of-town companies.
- Buy beautiful flowers or plants that have been grown locally. Because it was raised locally, flowers and plants are apt to last longer since they are used to our climate
- Be nutritious. The delicious produce you purchase encourages you to eat more fruits and vegetables and are more nutritious than what you purchase in stores.
- Enjoy your community. Attending the farmers market gives you the chance to connect with the amazing area we live in and a place to meet-up with family and friends. Not to mention sipping on the featured wines and beers and enjoying dinner from a variety of food vendors.
— Source: Lodi Chamber of Commerce
Posted: Thursday, May 22, 2014 12:00 am
Numbers. From dates to addresses, bank accounts to ages, numbers are a daily presence in our lives. But for farmer Matthew Smith, of Smith Bros. Farming, the number 19 has taken on a special meaning in his life.
Smith’s relationship with 19 began in 1992, as his go-cart racing number. It turned out to be his best season in 12 years of racing, placing second at the national level. Since then, 19 has been a reoccurring presence in his life — the date he married his wife Courtney, part of the address of his ranch and even the day his son Henry was born.
Or, use your
Thursday, May 22, 2014 12:00 am.