Six reasons to enjoy dinner at home with friends, rather than going out
1. The most obvious, it's more affordable. Furthermore, if you spend the same amount of money in ingredients that you would have going out to dinner including tip, you can enjoy some really high end, fresh and wonderful dishes!
2. Half the fun is in the preparation. I was just at a friend's house for dinner last night, the most enjoyable moments were all of us squeezed in the kitchen in the last moments before the meal, tasting, talking and helping each other.
3. You're the only guests in the restaurant and the service is as good as you treat yourselves. You don't have to be a slave to your server when you need more water, bread or another glass of wine.
4. Individual diets can be honored. You don't have to forgo your vegetarian, low calorie or Atkins diet when eating at a friend's house and no discomfort when ordering.
5. Wine, wine, wine - everyone can bring a bottle and share, no inflated restaurant wine costs or corkage fees.
6. There is no restaurant rule about dressing totally casually and slipping off you're shoes.
Relax and enjoy your friends. A good meal at home with friends is what celebrating food in our culture is all about.