If, like me, you're traveling this holiday season, you're probably busy. In my world, that means I'm doing a ton of baking and trying to finish Christmas shopping while also working and doing laundry (which means driving to the stupid Laundromat) and cleaning house and all the other things that keep me occuppied. I'm even running errands on my lunch breaks this week.
Anyway, a few pre-vacation things can be done online during breaks, so I figured I'd list a few links here. If nothing else, maybe it will remind you of something else that needs to be done!
1. Stop the newspaper. If you're a News-Sentinel subscriber, follow https://secure.modwest.com/lodibusiness.com/phorm/subscribe/sub_stop.php"> this link. I'm sure other newspapers also have such links. (I will simply walk to the other end of the building; you can also do it in person or by phone at 333-1400.)
2. Avoid lines at the post office while stopping your mail by going online. I've done it before and it works great.
3. Put your Netflix account http://www.netflix.com/AccountHold?lnkctr=yas_accthold&nfso=61865196"> on hold (make sure you return any DVDs within seven days). Might as well save a bit of money while you spend it on vacation!
4. Check your flight status online. Within 24 hours of your flight you and people meeting you at the airport can get real-time info from a number of Web sites, such as http://flightaware.com/">FlightAware.com, as well as most airlines. You'll need your flight number (or, in my case, multiple numbers) for that.
5. Go back to work before you exceed your break time!