You don’t have to say “I’m bored!” Start a summer bucket list. Here are some ideas to get you started:
1. Find somewhere to serve on a weekly basis. There are plenty of local opportunities, from feeding the homeless to playing with animals at the local shelter.
2. Host a lemonade or snow cone stand.
3. Watch a Lodi Glory baseball game on Zupo Field.
4. Buy a pair of white shoes (Toms, Vans) and decorate them.
5. Grab a fishing pole (or make one with a bamboo stick) and throw out a line in the delta.
6. Head to Lodi Lake and rent a canoe or paddle boat.
7. Go to the Mud Mill and paint a ceramic piece. (Call ahead for specials.)
8. Ask your parents to take you to treasure hunting at a garage sale.
9. Have a water balloon fight with friends or family members.
10. Visit the WOW Science Museum for Summer Science Camp.
11. Pack a lunch and have a picnic at a park.
12. Visit the animals at Micke Grove Zoo.
13. Attend “Astronomy In the Park” at Oak Grove Nature Center.
14. Clean out your room and donate or host your own sale.
15. Collect recyclables and collect cash.
16. Watch a matinee movie at Lodi Stadium 12.
17. Go to the Gora Aquatic Center in Galt for swimming and water slides.
18. Make a list of goals for the upcoming school year.
19. Do a random act of kindness for another person. No strings attached.
20. Grab a skateboard or scooter and try out the Lodi Skate Park.
21. Go to story time at the Lodi Library.
22. Fly a kite.
23. Make and decorate a cake, cupcakes or cake pops.
24. Host a “Be Board With Me!” tournament with your favorite board game.
25. Make friendship bracelets.
26. Have a parent take you bowling.
27. Attend a craft class at Joanne’s in Stockton to learn something new.
28. Plan a floating trip on the river with an adult.
29. Tie dye a T-shirt or pair of socks.
30. Make homemade ice cream.
31. Visit the Great Valley Serpentarium, a snake and reptile museum.
32. Start thinking and crafting up a special gift for Father’s Day.
33. Have a spa day using common kitchen items to create facial masks.
34. Take a ball to the park for a game of soccer, basketball or baseball.
35. Check with Lodi Parks & Recreation to determine what activities are being offered.