An interesting press release landed in my e-mail box this week. According to a survey answered by just 42 percent of California schools:
· About 600,000 devices were reported.
· 74.7 percent of the devices used a Windows operating system, while 23.7 percent used Mac.
· 75.5 percent had 1 gigabyte or greater of memory, 21.3 percent had less than 1 gigabyte, and 3.2 percent left this field blank.
· 60.5 percent use Internet Explorer for an Internet browser, 15 percent use Safari, 15.2 percent use another Internet browser, and 9.3 percent did not respond.
· 48.1 percent use wireless as their primary means, 29.6 percent do not, and 22.3 percent did not respond.
· 54.3 percent computers were desktops, 15.4 percent laptops, 4.5 percent notebooks, 2.8 percent tablets, 2.9 percent thin clients, 0.7 percent other, and 19.4 percent did not respond.
How does your student's classroom compare?