SOCCER Girls Varsity St. Mary's 2, Tokay 1
Despite the loss Tuesday, Tokay coach Gary Haas was pleased with the change in his team's play.
"We have been working on being more aggressive and physical in order to throw the other team out of their rhythm," Haas said.
The loss drops the Tigers (5-7-3) to 2-3-1 in SJAA play.
The first goal of the game was assisted by a goal kick from Tokay goalie Kianna Williamson, who booted the ball past the St. Mary's defense to teammate Molly McFadden, who then successfully faked the Rams goalkeeper and followed the ball all the way into the net.
The Rams (5-1 SJAA) answered quickly with a similar goal, but Tokay didn't fold. Instead, the Tigers continued to press, even after the Rams pulled into the lead, 2-1, minutes before the first half ended.
The Tigers proved persistent during a scoreless second half.
Tokay's Katie Hodgson had eight saves and freshman Kristen Davis was outstanding on defense.
"The fact that St. Mary's didn't score in the second half is evidence that we are getting better at controlling and winning the ball," Haas said. "We definitely stepped it up."
Junior Varsity Lincoln 3, Lodi 0
Goalkeeper Jackie Rhea had 11 saves and Kari Thomas added six saves.
Brittni Woehl, Alyssa Schroeder and Becky Anderson had outstanding defensive games for Lodi (4-2 SJAA).
SOFTBALL Varsity Lincoln 4, Lodi 0
Danielle Meyer and Melanie Nordhaus collected two hits apiece for the Flames (3-2 SJAA).
Melissa Amarante and Ashley Leyba each had a single.
Nordhaus struck out two and allowed six hits.
Oak Ridge 6, Galt 0
Amber Keener, Tabatha Thompson, Mandy Kyes and Malissa Wise each had a single for Galt (7-8, 2-4 SVC).
Junior Varsity St. Mary's 10, Tokay 4
Cassie Saorrono, Shay Wiley, Cory Nichols and Gina Edgerly each singled.
Saorrono, Nichols, Heather Bainard and Kris Kemether each had an RBI.
Lincoln def. Lodi
Jessica Guantone, Kate Pepper and Jennifer Richardson all singled for Lodi (7-4).
Julia Nicholas allowed 10 hits while striking out 10.
BASEBALL Varsity Galt 7, Oak Ridge 2
Galt's Ryan Hummel took a no-hitter into the sixth before allowing a hit.
Thomas Elliot had a game-winning two-run double in the ninth inning and Johnny Allen singled, doubled and had two RBIs for Galt (8-3, 4-2 SVC).
Tyler Warmerdam doubled and tripled, Justin Sousa doubled and singled and Wade Majewski, Jerred Dixon and Hummel all singled.
Elliot 5, Stockton 4
Justin Quarisa knocked in Chad Thompson on a fielder's choice in the ninth inning for the winning run.
Thompson also had two hits in the game for Elliot (7-4, 4-0 MVL).
David Cotton had two hits for the Eagles, Jaron Blythe doubled and Quarisa, Tim Evje, Roy Woodrum and Jason Schumacher each had a hit.
Junior Varsity Galt 3, Oak Ridge 2
Dustin Peasha pitched five innings, allowing two runs and two hits. Nolan Hummel threw four scoreless innings of relief and allowed one hit.
Ronny Haren singled and doubled, Peasha and Erik Mariscal each had two singles for Galt (7-4, 4-2 SVC).
Lodi 7, Franklin 4
Cameron Beck doubled and singled and Andrew Schultz, Alex Forster and Casey Rodacker each had two hits for Lodi (6-4, 2-2 SJAA).
Jeff Herrick doubled and Blair Hinojosa, Collin Billings and Brad Marweg all singled.
Lodi High is hosting a basic skills clinic Saturday with varsity coach Don Rostomily.
Skills include hitting, catching and other fundamentals of the game.
The first session from 9 a.m. to noon is open to ages 8-10 and the second from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. is for ages 11-14.
Register at the Lodi Parks and Recreation Department.
Cost is $25 for the clinic, which will be held at Lodi High. Sessions are limited to 50 people.
Bring glove, cleats and bat.
Sean Haynie recently aced the 179-yard 16th hole at Micke Grove Golf Links.
Virgil Lenzie had a hole-in-one on the 143-yard 14th hole.
SWIMMING/DIVING Boys Varsity Lodi 106, St. Mary's 70
Chis Maldanado won the 200-yard freestyle with a time of 1 minute, 56.74 seconds and the 100 backstroke (1:00.41).
In diving action, Matt Haggard took first with a score of 141.2.
Evan White took first in JV action with a score of 84.6.
Girls Varsity Lodi 95, St. Mary's 75
Lyndsey Merrill won the 100 freestyle (58.30) and Candice Valenzuela took first in the 200 individual medley (2:24.25).
In diving action, Ashley Wolfe (125.8), Megan McGhie (118.5) and Morgan Diehl (103) claimed the top three spots.
Amber Pickering (78.75) and Kimberly Stephens (75.8) finished second and third in JV action.
Lodi 106, St. Mary's 70
200 Medley Relay
1. Lodi (Maldanoado, Thomas, Schultz, Law) 1:52.37
2. St. Mary's (Charos, Tunquist, Brodie, Baglietto) 1:57.79
1. Maldonado (Lodi) 1:56.74
2. Schulz (Lodi) 1:58.65
3. Baglietteo (St. Mary's) 2:06.75
1. Litz (Lodi) 2:14.42
2. Thomas (Lodi) 2:16.10
3. Charos (St. Mary's) 2:29.87
1. Alegre (Lodi) 24.24
2. Davis (St. Mary's) 24.30
3. Tunquist (St. Mary's) 24.58
1. Schultz (Lodi) 1:00.21
2. Tunquist (St. Mary's) 1:02.92
3. Olson (Lodi) 1:04.33
1. Walton (Lodi) 52.98
2. Alegre (Lodi) 53.58
3. Wernette (St. Mary's) 56.64
1. Davie (St. Mary's) 5:21.15
2. Pallesen (St. Mary's) 5:24.81
3. Stweard (Lodi) 5:31.20
200 Freestyle Relay
1. St. Mary's (Brodie, Davis, Tunquist, Pallesen) 1:39.44
2. Lodi (Law, Weisz, Olson, Steward) 1:42.22
1. Maldonado (Lodi) 1:00.41
2. Pallesen (St. Mary's) 1:04.71
3. Stweard (Lodi) 1:52.5.2
1. Thomas (Lodi) 1:06.48
2. Litz (Lodi) 1:10.52
3. Steward (Lodi) 1:15.52
400 Freestyle Relay
1. Lodi (Steward, Weisz, Alegre, Olson) 3:44.68
2. St. Mary's (Baglietto, Davie, Wernette, Pallesen) 3:45.76
3. Lodi (Thomas, Schultz, Ramsey, Maldonado) 3:48.07
Lodi 95, St. Mary's 75
200 Medley Relay
1. Lodi (Werner, Lord, Schuh, Merrill) 2:00.07
2. St. Mary's (Charos, Bryant, Wernett, Rainwater) 2:10.86
3. Lodi (Kaufman, Verdigall, Highsmith, Christy) 2:16.66
1. Abbott (St. Mary's) 2:02.82
2. Elliott (Lodi) 2:13.60
3. Rainwater (St. Mary's) 2:21.92
200 Individual Medley
1. Valenzuela (Lodi) 2:24.25
2. Werner (Lodi) 2:25.78
3. Wernette (St. Mary's) 2:34.87
1. Cavagnaro (St. Mary's) 27.08
2. Keller (St. Mary's) 27.25
3. Merrill (Lodi) 27.35
1. Abbott (St. Mary's) 1:01.26
2. Schuh (Lodi) 1:04.29
3. Lord (Lodi) 1:06.02
1. Merrill (Lodi) 58.30
2. Elliot (Lodi) 58.36
3. Keller (St. Mary's) 58.97
1. Schuh (Lodi) 5:44.27
2. Charos (St. Mary's) 6:07.66
3. Williams (Lodi) 6:27.79
200 Freestyle Relay
1. St. Mary's (Wernette, Cavagnaro, Keller, Abbott) 1:59.43
2. Lodi (Schuh, Werner, Diehl, Valnezuela) 1:53.36
3. Lodi (Elliott, Meath, Christy, Crivelli) 1:55.79
1. Werner (Lodi) 1:03.13
2. Cavagnaro (St. Mary's) 1:05.73
3. Charos (St. Mary's) 1:12.61
1. Lord (Lodi) 1:09.84
2. Valenzuela (Lodi) 1:13.23
3. Royal (Lodi) 1:23.20
400 Freestyle Relay
1. St. Mary's (Charos, Keller, Cavagnaro, Abbott) 3:58.25
2. Lodi (Lord, Elliott, Merrill, Valenzuela) 3:59.74
3. Lodi (Diehl, Schuh, Roayal, Crivelli) 4:28.46
Comments about this story? Send mail to the News-Sentinel newsroom.
To subscribe to the Lodi News-Sentinel, fill out our online form or call our Subscriber Services Department at (209) 333-1400.