What advice to you have for President-elect Barack Obama?

Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 10:00 pm

Ron Valinoti
Lockeford
Retired
"Get the economy taken care of. It's in bad shape. And bring the troops home."
Lindsay Reed
Lodi
Substitute teacher
"Make friends abroad. I have friends in England, Ireland and Tanzania saying, 'We are partying with you.'"
Joey Ventura
Sacramento
Carl's Jr.
"I think it's great. He's helping the poor. Because of this we will be getting another stimulus payment. I am confident he will be successful. He'll be better than Bush. I hope our troops can come home."
Dolly Gresham
Acampo
Homemaker
"I'm really thrilled that he's elected. I just think that we have a lot of change. Our country is ready for change and I think he'll bring it."

• posted at 2:35 pm on Wed, Nov 12, 2008.

The greatest president of my lifetime once said " The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government, and I'm here to help" Ronald Reagan.

• posted at 2:27 pm on Wed, Nov 12, 2008.

Daniel, to monitor a trillion phone calls, the methodology had to be electronic, searching for key words like "kill", "bomb", "death", etc. I doubt anyone was listening in on my, or your, phone calls. Well... mine anyway.:-)

• posted at 7:28 am on Wed, Nov 12, 2008.

My Advice: "Never tell the press YOU ARE NOT PROFITING off of being PRESIDENT"!http://www.usatoday.com/life/books/news/2008-11-11-obama-sales_N.htm "

• posted at 6:53 am on Wed, Nov 12, 2008.

I would advise him to get bullet proof sweat suit....

• posted at 6:44 am on Wed, Nov 12, 2008.

Get out of the UN, and keep President Bush`s tax plan, much lower than Clintons. As long as the rich are going to pay for the poor, hey no problem, except for the rich that won`t be as rich as they once were. The sun comes up everyday, and with BO running the show so will Socialism, you were warned, its going to happen.

• posted at 6:17 am on Wed, Nov 12, 2008.

eat you words T&C. Obama was the clear and best person for this country. Don't forget to invite your buddy's on main street for thanksgiving. Maybe some of them are vets as well. oh, maybe next year we can buy some gifts for all in the new super walmart store.